Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:13:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Fun day at Sunset Beach  (Read 2333 times)

surf12foot

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
Hit Sunset bay today at a last minute decision. It was well worth it once you found the fish. In this case , holding right tight to the rocks and high up. Showed up this morning to see a super clam tide the one who has been there before know where the water meets the sand at low tide, well just think about walking an extra 100 yards(almost to Wash Rock). From the radio chatter down around Simspon Reef it was "NOT" going to good if one found fish great but for those unlucky many it was a nice boat ride to and from. Headed over to lighthouse but the water was off colored and looked like a crab spawn had happened early that morning or late last night. So went over on the ocean side off lighthouse it wasn't as off colored but still just enough. Looking for fish and throw a cast here and there with little to show when one of my cast went a little to far and bounced off some rocks and fell back into the water after a quick strip. 2 strips later that grand filling of a fish and a nice fish to boot with some out of the water acrobatics (who new that greenling could or would to that). Didn't think much about it in where it was caught  but after a bit another cast went onto the rocks and same thing a fish (nice fat black) and it fought like there was no tomorrow which in his case there wasn't. So for the next 6 hours it was fish after fish after fish till I lost my fly and used up 2 full Maxima leader wheels and ran out of time. All an all carnage came to 6-blacks, 8- underlings, 4- cabbies(go figure that one and all legal at that ) and 2 greenlings all came to on a 5 inch green back herring pattern. Only kept the 1st 2 because the neighbor want to try some rock fish.
Scott

Drifter2007

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
Very cool report!
At Tinker's suggestion, I dropped your name at The Caddis fly shop to help get them to donate two fly rods to the AOTY tournament fly fishing division. I have some flies coming from a place in Idaho also. I think it will be cool to award these just to kayak fly Fisherman.
1991 Desert Storm (USMC)
2004-2005 OIF (US ARMY)
2006-2007 OEF (US ARMY)
2009-2010 OIF II (US Army)
2016 Retired!

• Date Registered: Feb 2009
Nice!

Fred "True" Trujillo
"This above all: to thine own self, be true, and it must follow, as the day the night, thou canst not then be false to any man."

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Ladies and gentlemen, this fellow can find the most remarkable and astonishing ways to catch a fish even on the most dismal of days.  Applications for my replacement are still being accepted.  PM your resumes to me.

Very cool report!
At Tinker's suggestion, I dropped your name at The Caddis fly shop to help get them to donate two fly rods to the AOTY tournament fly fishing division. I have some flies coming from a place in Idaho also. I think it will be cool to award these just to kayak fly Fisherman.

Dude!  I don't remember telling him I did that.  Thanks, Drifter.  :D  [Kidding]
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

Nobaddays

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
Sounds like a fun day and good catches.  You ought to take Tinker fishing with you sometime.  I think he would really enjoy catching fish like that.
Being retired, they pay me when I go fishing, therefore I am kind of a professional fisherman.

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
Sounds like a fun day and good catches.  You ought to take Tinker fishing with you sometime.  I think he would really enjoy catching fish like that.

He dumped me.  He claimed he wouldn't be available all week, so I went ahead and scheduled my second pandemic poke, and then, at the last possible minute, he told me his schedule had "suddenly cleared" and he was going fishing.

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
He doesn’t like catching fish, he just likes floating around! Less work at the end of the day, no fish to clean🤪

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin

He doesn’t like catching fish, he just likes floating around! Less work at the end of the day, no fish to clean🤪

True, true.  I prefer bobbing around and watching the clouds roll by to cleaning yucky, goopy, fish.