Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:55:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: reasonable places to launch from the beach/boat launch north of Shoreline  (Read 1968 times)

pugetsound

• Herring
  • Yaktrap is the coolest photographer ever.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2012
It's been about 150 years since I have been on this site. life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, et al.

Having moved to North Shoreline about a year ago, I have yet to locate any reasonable launch sites for the sound from Shoreline to Mukliteo. There are obviously sites, but I am looking for those spots that you can find semi reasonable parking and shore access.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nate
"Fortiter in re, suaviter in modo"

skayaker2

• Rockfish
  • Since 2010. Formerly known as "skayaker"
  • TAFKAS (The Angler Formerly Known As Skayaker)
  • Date Registered: May 2018
Hi Nate,
Welcome back. I have routinely launched out of Richmond beach, there is also a small beach South of the Edmonds ferry dock. There must be other spots, those are two that I have used in the past.

pugetsound

• Herring
Thanks for the reply. Much apprecieted. I forgot about that place south of the edmonds ferry. Not sure where you are talking for Richmond beach, except for the park, and don't know where water access is without a long walk across that foot bridge onto the beach.

skayaker2

• Rockfish
Thanks for the reply. Much apprecieted. I forgot about that place south of the edmonds ferry. Not sure where you are talking for Richmond beach, except for the park, and don't know where water access is without a long walk across that foot bridge onto the beach.
Yup, the Richmond Beach Saltwater Park, it is a bit of a walk over a bridge to the beach, but definitely doable with a kayak cart. In all honesty, we carried the kayaks plenty of times when I was a bit younger and I did not have kayak carts...so it is doable depending on the weight of your kayak and your ability to portage with or without a cart. It is pretty much a straight shot to the beach, as oppose say to the zig-zag nightmare concrete bridge over Picnic Point (I have not been there in years, maybe there is better access now?).
I would check out Google Earth for satellite pictures, it helps a lot to scout before going.

skayaker2

• Rockfish
Marina Beach park in Edmonds? I think I launched from there a while back, closer to the street but limited parking and beach logs to go over, but that is a frequent thing in other launch sites too. Good luck and please report back if you find other sites!

pugetsound

• Herring
The wife and I took a little test run at the Marina Beach Park pretty early saturday morning. It wasn't too bad.

bpm2000

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
Let me know how you do from that park - I started fishing the sound out of that location and never really caught anything until paddling south to the oil docks.         

Water can get gnarly for the sound there versus other east side spots in my limited experience.

For another public free launch check out the little edgewater beach park up in mukilteo if you ever fish 8-2.
formerly known as smokeondawater

pugetsound

• Herring
Definitely good to know, and was wondering about the Oil docks.

Did Dash Point State Park with a friend, mostly just to screw around, today. It was basically empty in the parking lot, the walking path, and the water. Only a couple of boats on the water, and no fishes to be found. But that was okay. Today was just hanging out.

And that area is very much not in my neck of the sound.

anything