Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:35:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: HOW PDX & N.O.C Sept 9-11 Nehalem River  (Read 3158 times)

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
HOW-dy folks,

We could use some more volunteers for our HOW Nehalem River campout event next weekend Sept 9-11.

If you can make it please PM me for directions if you have never been there.

Also, my old 1993 Dodge is no longer reliable enough to continue to haul the gear to events, and it is with a heavy heart I will be stepping down as chapter coordinator for the Portland Chapter after this event.

It has been a great 9-year run. I want to sincerely thank all of you that have made time to volunteer with HOW from the bottom of my heart. Also, thanks to those who have turned out to fish tournaments that supported HOW. Thank you to those who have sponsored us and those who helped spread the word about HOW's important mission. Lastly, but definitely not leastly, THANK YOU to all of the participants that gave so much to this country through your service and sacrifices. I hope our events brought you some happiness, or at least a brief respite from all the shit you have to deal with.

If there's anyone reading this that is interested in taking over the coordinator position I would be happy to talk to you about it. You are also welcome to reach out directly to our HOW Area coordinator Jason at 256-616-6132.

We raised the funds over the years and purchased all of the equipment under the auspices of helping Oregon veterans. I'm really hoping we can find a solution that keeps the equipment here in the state to continue the good work that HOW does. It would be nice, but it doesn't have to continue on here in Portland.

I'm really proud of everything we've been able to accomplish together. You all are an amazing bunch.

Anthony

« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 10:55:33 PM by Ling Banger »

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

Drifter2007

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
Thank you Anthony for everything you have done!
I am attaching a couple pictures of my son and I catching sturgeon from a kayak. That day was the 1st time my son and I had ever sat upon a kayak. I believe it was Feb 2015, maybe 2016.
What you and HOW started teaching me that day has done a lot to change my life! I can't thank you enough!
1991 Desert Storm (USMC)
2004-2005 OIF (US ARMY)
2006-2007 OEF (US ARMY)
2009-2010 OIF II (US Army)
2016 Retired!

Soaker

• Herring
  • Heroes on the Water North Oregon Coast
  • Date Registered: Apr 2019
Nine years is a hellava run, Anthony. You have touched the lives of so many veterans and their families during that time and I know they, as well as our whole kayak fishing community are grateful for your incredibly dedicated service. I share your hope that we can keep PDX chapter here in Portland and will assist anyone interested in taking the reins so that they can get up and running as quickly as possible.

To all NWKA members: While the Portland Chapter of Heroes on the Water is on hiatus, the North Oregon Coast chapter will continue normal operations. We invite you to join our events that are posted here and on Facebook. We also encourage you all to continue supporting local vets getting on the water by your direct donations to the Oregon Coast HOW chapter and by participating in our local tournaments that directly benefit local chapter operations.

Tight lines my friend!

Jeff

Jeff Hope

Heroes on the Water - North Oregon Coast
Chapter Coordinator
http://www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

Hobie Outback
Hobie i11S

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
No Anthony running the show for PDX HOW...  :'(

My first introduction to HOW was volunteering for the Sturgeon event on Sauvie Island.  You got me interested in starting up my own chapter and you helped me a lot along the way.

I know what its like to be a Chapter Coordinator and doing it for 9 years is no small feat.  Well done sir!

With most of the heavy lifting being done already it shouldn't be too hard to get a new Coordinator and team set up and running.  You have the gear, the contacts, and a healthy following of participants so just need someone to steer the ship.

Hopefully someone steps up and is able to continue the mission and carry on your legacy. 

Tight lines my friend!

Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard

anything