Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 05:09:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[May 07, 2024, 09:39:21 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 06:58:56 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 11:31:01 PM]

[May 03, 2024, 05:31:42 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 11:21:53 AM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: any Island kayak anglers out there  (Read 6063 times)

kiwi

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Am in the process of moving to comox area, any fellow kayak anglers lurking out there,

mhjackson123

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
Looks like this forum is pretty quiet. I am in Victoria...

tsquared

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
It should get going once fishing season hits. I'm in Metchosin and am just getting my yak set up.
T2

• Date Registered: May 2006
Hi there all, I reply to mhjackson123 a few days ago but haven't heard back.

It's been a few years since I've been this site.  I signed on to Cdn Kayak Anglers but have also gone into hibernation.   ::)

If T-square or Jackson is interested in fishing this season, please give me a shout.  I love to meet both of you.  I'm in Langford which is very close to Metchosin and I usually fish and crab at Albert Head Lagoon which is quite shelter until I paddle beyond the rocks...that's when it can get rough.  :o

I sold my Ocean Kayak - scupper pro a few months ago and bought an inflatable Hobie I9.  It is so light and easy to paddle.  I'm definitely going to buy the Adventure (longer version) and is more equipped w/ kayak camping.

Stephen Tran
VP

Almost forgot, Kiwi, I'm probably going to camp up in Comox/courtenay this summer and when I do, I'll definitely contact you for some fishing advice.

I did a bit of camping in the summer of 2008 at Bates Beach.  All I caught was Sole fishes...surprisingly no cod!

VP

Lo-n-Slo

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
Hi guys,

Sounds like there are a few of us around the South Island.  We should watch from a good and plan a trip.

Lo-n-Slo

RyanD

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Mar 2010
Hi guys, is there any interest in Sombrio Beach?  I understand there's a chance for halibut there so I'd like to do weekend trip before they move out for the year.  I'm all set up and ready to go so let me know if you wanna put a trip together.

Ryan  :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 07:06:22 PM by RyanD »

Hey Ryan & Lo-Slo, are you guys in victoria?

I've been to Sombrio many times, wouldn't mind camping there again.  This weekend will be all rain.  I'm off work Friday Mar. 26 and would like to getaway  for the weekend.  Anyone up for it?

Bigwavedave.ca is a really good site to look at and plan for the trip.  It also has historical data as well as webcam for the various beaches.

VP
Stephen Tran

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Nice link VP. If you guys head out there we'd love to see some pics of the trip. ;D

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

Hi Zee, yeah I'll post for sure.  I did took some photos last year March 2009 and here is the link:

http://www.panoramio.com/user/1587200?comment_page=1&photo_page=2

Enjoy!  ;D

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Nice photos. I can't wait to make it out there some day.

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

tsquared

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
Hey VP--I might be into coming up for the day. Then next good weekend hali tide here in Victoria looks like the first weekend in April--I might be doing a day trip then if you're interested. Did you get any fish on your last Sombrio trip?
T2

Hi T2, if Apr. 4th weekend is better, then I will wait until then and then we can go together if you like as I drive through Metchosin to get to Sooke...Sombrio etc.

Last March, when I went camping/kayak fishing, I caught 1 Lingcod and 6 Black Bass.  I am wet behind the ears when it comes to fishing.  I should take the time to find out what kind of fish I'm fishin but I don't as I'm more of a recreational paddler, general fishing fellow.

The fun part was watchin people's face when they ask if I caught anything and I raise my string of fishes.  The look on their faces are priceless.  I gave some fishes away to other campers as none of the ones there had a kayak nor do they fish.  Many are surfers, hikers/backpackers that are camping a day or two.

I would cook/smoke the fishes at the campfire and enjoy a good meal with my brother-in-law/friend.  It's a great feeling when you share your catch w/ others.  For the 2 days that I was there, I saw 2 grey whales and they hung around feeding and did not left the bay area.

The surfers their are pretty hardcore, as they get up at 6am and some of them stayed til dusk 10pm!

mhjackson123

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
I'm out of town for a few weeks now. I would love to gou out for some salmon when they are around...

For sure, when the season hits, we'll get together ok.  >:D

anything