Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:04:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: PDX Crew Monthly Meet Ups  (Read 160337 times)

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
We don't typically schedule the meetups during summer months because it is usually harder to get a decent turnout, but there isn't any harm in asking if people are down to get one going.

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
We still need to do a Lake Oswego meet up We could make it look like a Bernie Sanders rally so if they try and stop us we can say they are violating our freedom of speech.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

cdat

I'm all for a lake oswego meet-up, I've wanted to try fishing that for a while, it's public according to the law as far as I know, is there an issue with getting on the lake?

John

Snamighty

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Jul 2015
I fished there years ago on shore and an officer told us to leave.  Might be different if your on a kayak in the middle lake though lol... Big crappie there btw.

Snamighty

-Veasna

"Give him a fish, you'll feed him for a day.  But teach him how to fish, he'll steal your fish."

2015 Hobie Pro Angler

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
It is surrounded by private property. One of the ways people try to access it is over the railroad tracks. To do so means you were trespassing on rail property. If I were fishing that area, I would hit George Rogers park on the Willamette  for bass. They drained the lake a couple years ago, so I doubt it would even be worth fishing.

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
That's kind of the point of going there. The water is public.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

sherminator

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Every summer a few paddlers of various sorts make a point of getting out on Lake O to push the public/private debate. Public access is available at the very NE corner of the lake where there is a plaza that has steps down into the lake, right downtown on Hwy 43.

Some Lake O people will swear that the entire lake, including the water, is private; the Clackamas Co sheriff's office has stated they will not get involved in disputes about boats on the lake - they will investigate trespass claims only on land. Whether it is worth the hassle is up to you.
15x tournament loser
2011 Hobie Oasis (yellow)
2014 Hobie Revo  (red)
2017 Aquaglide Blackfoot HB Angler XL

cdat

I'm a retired army guy who hates it when people tell me I can't use public property, life's no fun if you can't stir the pot once in awhile.  :P

http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-18897-lake_affront.html

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
I'm a retired army guy who hates it when people tell me I can't use public property, life's no fun if you can't stir the pot once in awhile.  :P

http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-18897-lake_affront.html

Interesting. I actually read the whole article too. I can see both sides of this one. But basically if it's public property then it's public property and limiting access to public property is generally frowned upon by state governments, is it not? Anyway, lots of nearby public water to access, although not a lot of lakes within a short distance of Portland.

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
I understand that if it is public, it should be open to the public. However, I personally wouldn't waste my time fishing a lake that was empty 2 years ago when there are some nice bass right across highway 43 in the Willamette. Plus in the evenings during the summer, the scenery can be quite nice.  ;D

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
I understand that if it is public, it should be open to the public. However, I personally wouldn't waste my time fishing a lake that was empty 2 years ago when there are some nice bass right across highway 43 in the Willamette. Plus in the evenings during the summer, the scenery can be quite nice.  ;D

And rumor has it, the O lake is seriously polluted. 

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

cdat

Plus in the evenings during the summer, the scenery can be quite nice.  ;D

Have to say, I do enjoy the # of paddleboarders out by Willamette Park or Sellwood, don't seem to get much fishing done tho ::) 

Snamighty

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Jul 2015
Actually, Sellwood Bridge or George Rogers Park are great prime spots for fall sturgeon.  I usually fish there yearly starting mid October off the shore, but this year I'm planning to try it out off a kayak. Oh cdat, thanks for your service by the way.  I'm also an army vet (but not retired) so I know the feelings and frustration of not being able to fish where its supposedly public...so stir the pot!! lol

-Veasna

"Give him a fish, you'll feed him for a day.  But teach him how to fish, he'll steal your fish."

2015 Hobie Pro Angler

johnycoho

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
Do you guys fish the Wilsonville Canby area?

anything