Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 03:10:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:07:12 PM]

[Today at 12:38:48 PM]

[Today at 12:36:33 PM]

[Today at 12:35:09 PM]

by Spot
[Today at 11:27:35 AM]

[May 20, 2024, 11:40:28 AM]

by [WR]
[May 18, 2024, 04:51:53 PM]

[May 17, 2024, 08:35:26 PM]

by Spot
[May 16, 2024, 08:44:06 PM]

by [WR]
[May 16, 2024, 05:38:38 PM]

by Plap
[May 15, 2024, 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: T160 "the origin"  (Read 5457 times)

hydrospider

This boat isnt much different than the way I have my T140 set up.
I like a open functional work space and a clean deck with upgrades that are easy to break down on the water or when stacking multiple boats on the rack.
I like the interchangeability of the ramball arms, the ability to fold things down, and the clean deck that the scotty system offers so I like to cross pollinate these systems. The original vanity mount has been shelved and will soon be replaced by a hybrid ram/scotty mount. more to come on that.
Again like the T140, the topside upgrades were the craft of SBD at the GreatWhiteKayakCompany.
I wasnt initially a fan of the slide trax system but now Im embracing it fully.
well done WS! and the hatches go without saying.
visuals.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 01:20:28 PM by hydrospider »

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Can you tell me an item number and where you got the flat pieces that are between the slide tracks and ram mounts?  I want some!

hydrospider

again not much different than the T140 except for a few minor differences below deck.
You can slide a  7' Baidarkadonk in through the middle hatch if you take off the reel.
 I want my gear to stay where I put it so I made a simple rod and reel keeper and working on another to hold a sabiki rig.
Still a work in progress but here are more visuals.
 :icon_spiderman:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 02:06:48 PM by hydrospider »

hydrospider

Can you tell me an item number and where you got the flat pieces that are between the slide tracks and ram mounts?  I want some!

I enjoy doing business with HOOK1.
http://kayakfishinggear.com/slidetracksideboardmini-usedwiththewildernesskayaktracksystem.aspx

this is the manufacturer
http://www.madfroggear.com/sideboard/sideboard.html
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 01:19:56 PM by hydrospider »

ConeHeadMuddler

• non-competitor
  • Sturgeon
  • Smells like low tide
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
Very nice !
Ha ha "the contradiction!"  A "Catch and Release" sticker on the crate with a gaff and club. Priceless!
ConeHeadMuddler

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Ha ha "the contradiction!"  A "Catch and Release" sticker on the crate with a gaff and club. Priceless!
I think it relates to species. He's a full on LMB slayer and always releases. When it comes to rockfish and pelagics... that's another story. ::)

Nice work and run down spidey!

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

Yarjammer

• Salmon
  • Captain of the Titanic
  • Date Registered: May 2008
Look'in good Hydrospider.  I really like the below-deck organization.

C-legs

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jan 2010
Your mods look great.

I was thinking about making my own slide track mounting plates out of a plastic cutting board. The Mad Frog gear is nice, I especially like the wing bolts for on the fly adjustments.

What are the boards made of? Are the holes tapped?

hydrospider

I find it offensive to take the life of a largemouth and Im not a big fan of basscar taking them out of their territories for weigh in. Take a native trout out of a stream and you may end up swimming, but take fish from the salt and im running to get my chop stix. sorry  back on topic

C-legs
the holes arent tapped just predrilled and its made of a hard/light plastic similiar to a cutting board. cutting board projects are in my future too and the wingbolt sets are available at HOOK1. Really opens up alot of possibilities except im still struggling with a good spot to anchor leg straps.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 11:23:58 AM by hydrospider »

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
I like the Green Lantern koozie. :glasses10:

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

ConeHeadMuddler

• non-competitor
  • Sturgeon
  • Smells like low tide
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
Thanks, hydrospider. Your pics are helping me figure out how I want to finish outfitting my Tarpon.
I let all my native trout go, too. I hardly ever harvest a bass (might if I get an 11"er), but I'll bonk the panfish, crappie, and perch..yum yum. I would certainly bonk a Walleye for the table.

I don't use a gaff (barely legal in WA, can only use one to retain a halibut, dogfish, or tuna that will be retained), but I carry a stout club. I have an old home-made gaff and another good one I found, both just hanging on my garage wall, ready to go in case I ever go halibut fishing.
ConeHeadMuddler

C-legs

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jan 2010

C-legs
the holes arent tapped just predrilled and its made of a hard/light plastic similiar to a cutting board. cutting board projects are in my future too and the wingbolt sets are available at HOOK1. Really opens up alot of possibilities except im still struggling with a good spot to anchor leg straps.

I recently purchased the same rod holder and mounting board from Hook 1. The board is a really nice accessory especially with the thumb screws. I ended up countersinking the holes to make the screw heads flush and running them upward into the base of the rodholder with the nuts on top.

The board can be easily be duplicated and save some $$ at the same time. I just have to find a poly cutting board in black.

jself

im still struggling with a good spot to anchor leg straps.

There's a pad-eye on either side on the older T160's just forward of your knee, and there's a set behind the seat as well. That's where I clip in thigh straps on the 160, and I'm sure that's the location the manufacturer intended them to go. If for some reason yours does not, they're cheap and easy to rivet or bolt in and work well for thigh straps.

J

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
last time I was at Ikea they had a red and black two pack of cutting boards. only about 1/4 inch thick

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

jself

I just saw the slide trax, so probably don't have pad eyes already.

I'd put in 4 pad eyes though for the straps.