Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:36:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Things I've Lost from my Yak  (Read 41050 times)

surfanor

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
L
Pffft!..You guys have lost nothing..

And this really speaks bad about my leashing tendencies..Plus 100 days on the water adds up to alot of stuff donated

My poor wallet,close your eyes, wallet!

2 pairs sunglasse(1 expensive)
1 lens form an expensive pair
oregon scientific atk cam
two hawg troughs(1 was not me,  yep i lost the one you replaced Issac)
1 light trout setup
vhf radio
2 hats

That was until last thursday...Last Thursday just was a crushing bow..

my new favorite light combo
crate
2 anchors
salmon net
Mirage Drive

Yea, ouchy!!

Damn lol!! Leashes and tethers are your friend.
It's never too late to start procrastinating.

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Pffft!..You guys have lost nothing..

And this really speaks bad about my leashing tendencies..Plus 100 days on the water adds up to alot of stuff donated

My poor wallet,close your eyes, wallet!

2 pairs sunglasse(1 expensive)
1 lens form an expensive pair
oregon scientific atk cam
two hawg troughs(1 was not me,  yep i lost the one you replaced Issac)
1 light trout setup
vhf radio
2 hats

That was until last thursday...Last Thursday just was a crushing bow..

my new favorite light combo
crate
2 anchors
salmon net
Mirage Drive

Yea, ouchy!!

I feel ill.......

I can already see my yak is going to look like a spider's web of tether's and such. 

Condolences there CBY....
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007

I feel ill.......

I can already see my yak is going to look like a spider's web of tether's and such. 

Wait till you see FishesFromTupperware's list.....   :o
But the guy's still my idol!   :-*
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

coosbayyaker

• Sturgeon
  • "Hooky Thing"
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007

I feel ill.......

Thanks, no need really. Sorry, Had to tease my "story"....I love happy endings.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 04:06:19 PM by coosbayyaker »
See ya on the water..
Roy

squidgirl

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
you know i have noticed that FFTW hasnt posted on here.. i wonder if the list is to long........

SG
"Life is short lets go fishing"

Fishesfromtupperware

• Sturgeon
  • Don't ask me how I know!
  • Date Registered: Nov 2006
"For when sleeping I dream of big fish and strong fights"

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Bag containing ~five 6" gulp grubs and five 3" gulp grubs (big wave over the bow on a launch, no huli involved)
Goretex boonie hat (stuffed it into my PFD and it vanished...)

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

crazyeyes

• Perch
  • 2011 Hobie Adventure
  • Date Registered: Feb 2011
Luckily, I haven't lost much yet from my kayak (knock on wood), just

one pfd knife,

one wrist watch,

and a set of lip grippers and needle nose pliers that were attached to a leash but not attached to the kayak.

Thankfully I lost the lip grippers and the pliers, at the launch and someone was kind enough pick them up and set them on the dock and I found the a couple of days later.  My drift boat on the other hand has donated (2) anchors and my favorite bait casting setups to the local rivers.  Momma's not to happy about the anchors!
If it wasn't for flashbacks, I'd have no memories at all.

gon-fishn

• Perch
I know lures don't count but I planted about $40 worth of rapala 'seeds' today >:(  On the other hand, I did manage three to four smb per lure.

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Every time I lose a bunch of lures, I make my self feel better by reminding myself how much I used to golf.  You pay $40 to play a round and lose balls at $1 a pop. ;)

Depoecod

• Perch
Well, I haven't really lost anything..... YET.  Course, I've only been out 4 times with my yak.  Two of those were on the salt.

I was trying out the new yak (used, but new to me) and my repaired dry suit.  Had never been in a yak before and needed to practice self rescue.  That all went fine.  I had brought two rods with me as I new there were trout and heard that there may be bass, in Big Creek Res.  Hadn't leashed a thing yet.  Didn't figure I had to worry about that on a placid lake.  Well, the wind came up, and I was casting my bass rod.  Had to reach a little further back than normal for my cast arc as the bow was to the left.  As I swung forward I heard a weird click sound and my bass rod stopped, mid arc.  As I looked back, I was able to see my ultralight trout setup plunge into the abyss.

45 minutes later, after bringing in every stick and small log off of the bottom, I was able to snag the thing and get it back.  I was elated and even looked around to see if anyone had seen that save.  Nope.......  self appreciation only.

Now, I leash everything!  But I hate those plastic crimp on clips.  They are impossible to get off of your eye pads when your hands are cold...... and you're OLD!    :o

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 04:20:37 AM by Depoecod »

jarocho

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Feb 2011
So far only a net and some flies, lures and  pair of pliers.All on small lakes.
Malibu Stealth 12

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Okay.  This sport is getting a little spendy, and I appear to be a slow learner. 

I met up with Jammer on the Willamette for a quick bass outing.  We fished for awhile and I was not catching anything.  Jammer had to leave before me, so I fished a bit more down near the railroad trestle.  Then, as it was starting to get dark, I made a nice long and leisurely troll back to George Rodgers Park hoping to pick up a walleye for some AOTY points.  I had no hits until right near the "ROCKS"  sign out in the river by the park.  It was such a gentle hit, I thought I snagged something.  However, I ended up reeling in the feistiest little 4 inch smallie ever.  I describe him as feisty because he was caught with a 3 1/2 inch walleye deep diving crankbait, and he tried to bite my thumb off. 

It looked like it would be a cool picture (4 inch fish with 3 1/2 inch crank bait in his mouth) so  I opened up the nice, safe dry bag in my center hatch and removed my wife's non-floating, non-waterproof digital camera containing videos of the kids which she had not had a chance to down load.  See where this is going, yet??

Then, after photographing him and unhooking him, he bit my thumb and made a break for the scupper hole.  He wasn't quite small enough to fit so I caught him and let him go gently over the side.  Then, I put everything back into the dry bag and hatch...or so I thought.  I realized that I did not put the camera back in the bag.  I thought it was down in the hatch and decided to verify.  I leaned forward to look and heard a "ploop" noise and saw something camera-colored heading for the bottom.

I know... a piece of foam tied to it would have been smart.  But, I just borrowed it this one time and I figured I would only use it in an emergency (AOTY upgrade). Besides, what is the point in having flotation on a non -waterproof camera...other than being able to salvage your wife's pictures and videos of the children from the card.  All I can say is this never would have happened if I wouldn't have dropped my Playsport overboard a few weeks ago. :P

As you can guess, I am currently down some serious WAF points.   :'(

-Craig

Fishesfromtupperware

• Sturgeon
  • Don't ask me how I know!
  • Date Registered: Nov 2006
"For when sleeping I dream of big fish and strong fights"