Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 03:40:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 05:23:17 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 11:31:01 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 07:01:25 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 04:21:47 PM]

[May 03, 2024, 05:31:42 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 11:21:53 AM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Sombrio revisited  (Read 3791 times)

snag-a-but

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just thought to mention that july7th - 16th is our annual Sombrio fishing/camping trip and all are welcome. Camp fee is $5 canadian per night.

The Kings/Springs should be a little thicker than they have been this past couple of weeks and there's always those Lings and things.

I'll have my yak there, my friend Harry who some of you met on the last trip will have his canoe, Victoria paddler and that Scupper pro may be able to make an appearance and our "home page poster boy" Fishin-T has penciled a couple days on this one as well I believe.

Come on over to Vancouver Island and maybe time a night in Victoria after some yakfishin at Sombrio beach.

Cheers,
Sean

• Date Registered: May 2006
Heyyyy Snag, been awhile since we last spoke.  I'm coming to Sombrio (Got friday off) so let's talk.  I need a hand with the rigging and getting the SP ready for the trip.  Think you'll have time to help me before then?

BTW, I found a really cool spot at Albert Head Lagoon (just past the Colwood sand pit) and there are salmon just off the rocks.  Scared the hell out of me the other day while I was trolling for greenling.  My rod was all bent, shakin like mad and I had a hard time trying to steer the kayak and controlling the rod at the same time!

VP

PS. I went on a 45min hike at Trap Shack (East Sooke Park), there was the Juan De Fuca fishing Derby there.  Holy cow, I counted over 100 boats from a distant.  A friend and I fish off the rocks and there was so many bottom fish.  Rock cod, Ling, Greenling...no salmon as there were too many kelps all around.  Was a great day to relax and get some exercise.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 10:25:50 AM by VictoriaPaddler »

snag-a-but

• Herring
Great VP

I'll give you a shout and there should be no problem getting a couple rod holders on that new SP of yours. I have some stainless hardware and a couple rod holders that should work BUT if you see anything on this or other sites that will work on that scupper pro, just pick it up and I should be able to "plant" it for you.

Just don't let that Scupper Pro get too close to my Hobie to INFECT it !!!  :D :D :D

Fishin-T

• Lingcod
  • It's called a "Slow Loris"
Hey, Howdy Snag and V.P.,

Yep, my big bro. is coming in from New Mexico and we have commitments until Tues. the 11th.  On Wed. I'm hoping to leave the house and head for the Tswassen or Anacortes ferry.  I'm hoping that we can get to the Sombrio parking lot by roughly 2:00 pm on Wed. evening.  I'm also hoping that V.P. can show us how to hook a salmon!  I'd ask you to save us a couple of small flat spots for tents but I know that's REALLY getting hard to do on Sombrio.  We might just pitch right on the sand.

My brother went and scheduled himself outta here early on Sat. morning  ::)  and so we'll be needing to leave the beach early enough to catch the last ferry back on Fri.  I haven't checked current ferry schedules and so I don't know what time that means, but probably before noon.  Totally looking forward to it.  ;D

See you on the beach,
Fishin-T
If at first you don't succeed....  maybe skydiving is just not for you.

• Date Registered: May 2006
Heyyy FT, looks like I'll missed you on the days that you're here bro. I'm not able to take the regular days off.  I'm aiming for July 7-9.  Hope you guys have a blast at Sombrio Beach!  I'm sure Snag can show you a thing or two on how to hook a salmon  ;D

But here's a quick tip on how to cut your plug and hook for salmon (picture):

http://www.bcadventure.com/adventure/angling/protalk/reid/mooch.phtml

http://members.aol.com/sheltonpro/sheltonrelease.html

anything