Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:18:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by Spot
[Today at 10:57:58 AM]

[Today at 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 08:37:24 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: NWKA Fishing Derby Discussion  (Read 47377 times)

Pisco Sicko

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Matt- the name is strictly a reference to my sick fisherman mentality (I've received multiple diagnoses.)

!#^%#^%$$- Just got the bill for some unplanned medical/dental expenses. (Enough to buy a new kayak!)  :'( 
This means that in order for me to make the contest, I'm going to have to work 12 hour days, Thur. and Fri., and half of Sat., before driving out, solo.  >:( :(

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
Pisco Sicko, that's a long drive for a quick turnaround after pulling long hours at work.  Be safe!!!

So ... one of my kayaks is unspoken for again.  If you want to use it and not worry about packing your wherry, you're more than welcome.

-Allen

Pisco Sicko

• Sturgeon
I'll nap, after the contest, before returning.

Hmm, the kayak offer is tempting, even though I'm rather attached to my wherry. I'd probably save on gas without it, save on time, and still have room for the Grand Prize!!!  ;D

RiverBase

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
 Lings....lings.... LINGS ...I dreaming of Ling Cod ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....leaving Friday at 10 hope to prefish Sat.....see ya all there I hope ;) :D ;D ::)...jim

Jason

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
I have to work tomorrow for half a day then our apartment managers have to come inspect our windows. I guess some have a defect....

I will be leaving early Saturday morning.  Should be there early afternoon if all goes well.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 09:40:59 AM by Jason »

floatin cowboys

• Lingcod
  • UHMMMM Pizza!!!
Bill, you sound like me with the the bill surprises. I just had some dental work done, he tells me " I can cap the tooth for $1600 or pull it for $150, guess what I chose. And then the maint... bill for the road, YIKES. Then in August I am taken the family to silverwood for a before school, end of summer fun. Then down to Cali for a family reunion. blahblahblah.

I am bringing vegis from the garden for the potluck, Ill make some vegi kabobs, or sauted vegis, whatever.
I am leaving friday early I hope around 6:00 or 7:00 who knows. depends on how much wine I drink tonite. ;D

Bill be safe, that is always my biggest fear,driven like that, on adrenoline (sp) I will be taken the 522 and someone just told me the other day that its called sucide alley, great! what a relief to hear that.
We may live without poetry, music, and art
We may live without conscience and live without heart
We may live without friends, we may live without books;
But civilized man cannot live without cooks

Pisco Sicko

• Sturgeon
Surprises, surprises. I've had them go both ways.

I've decided to bag it, for now. Just to many i$$ues to surmount.

We're going to shoot for a long weekend at a friends, in the San Juans, the end of August.

In the meantime, I have the salmon problem in the Columbia, to figure out.  ;)

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Well, that sucks Pisco.  We'll catch you next time.

So I was looking at the regs this morning and I noticed that salmon is closed J uly 1-31 East of North/South line through Sail Rock so we can't fish for salmon outside that 60 foot hump.  We'll have to paddle West a bit.

Anyway ... just waiting on Pete to show up then we're on our way!

-Allen

Fishin-T

• Lingcod
  • It's called a "Slow Loris"
All,

The really cool   8)  thing about this one is that nearly for sure one of my best fishing buddies is going to win a spankin' new high dollar fishing kayak.  Of course, that means that it could be any one of 20 of us.  This may not turn out to be the biggest event that we ever pull off here in the N.W., but there are things in play for this one that I think are going to make it the one to remember, the one that you'll brag that you attended.  I'm nearly certain that one day they'll write ballads about the whole lot of us and our incredible efforts and the lengths that we went to against personal fatigue, hardships, and near insurmountable financial burdens in order to win.   ;D

Good luck to every one of you and in the quite likely event that I take that Big G home I'll make sure that each one of you gets a chance at some point to take that baby out for a test ride.   ;)  And please don't bother yourself to worry about my personal well being as there's plenty of time to come down off of the excitement band wagon once we get to Monday.

Gentlemen, I will see you on the beach !!!
Fishin-T
If at first you don't succeed....  maybe skydiving is just not for you.

snag-a-but

• Herring
Good luck all

Just loading the last few things in the truck (tools, jigsaw and what not) I don't think that Big G has a housing for the Hobie pedal system so if/when I land "Lingzilla" I guess I'll have to "sew in" the "mirage drive"  ;D ;D ;D

Unfortunately VP won't be able to make the trip...aaaah well VP, if you can't howl with the hounds I guess you'll have to stay home and "piss with the pups" Too bad, maybe next year.

See ya'll

• Date Registered: May 2006
Hey Snag and the gang,

Sorry I wasn't able to make it to the derby, so who is the top winner?

Wild Sunday...

I went out to East Sooke on a short hike to fish (small craft warning so couldn't paddle my kayak), the wind was really blowing, the currents was strong and water was real choppy.  In a distance of a couple of km I saw 3 whale watching boats.  Couldn't make out what there were looking at.  then the largest boat approach me, I still couldn't figure out what they were looking at, maybe they were watching me fish....lol.

then I look further in the distance and saw two black fins.  Wow, Orcas...after a couple of minutes, decide to head up the rocks.  All of a sudden I heard this Pffffflll....air blown out of the water, turned around and saw 4 Orcas right at the rock where I was fishing! ;D  ;D  ;D

Holy cow, they were so close.  two babies and two large one.  the Biggest went underwater, belly side up and I could see the white belly with black colour on the side.  It was the most exciting, exhilarating feeling I've ever felt.  Litterally just 10 feet away (I should have brought my camera, oh well) and those whale watchers paid $85 to see them at a far distance.  I was getting "free admission"  :D  There were altogether 8 Orcas and all were chasing after the salmon that was in the area.
By far, the best day I'd ever hike/fish in a long time.

VP

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Started a new thread in the reports sections for derby reports and stories ... http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/bb/index.php?topic=87.0

-Allen