Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 02:02:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by jed
[Today at 06:34:53 AM]

by jed
[Today at 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 09:39:21 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 06:58:56 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 11:31:01 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: CANADIAN MEMBERS NEEDED <;(((><  (Read 7941 times)

Water Wolf QCI

• Rockfish
  • Luv Life and Catch Huge Fish
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
Hey there canuck kayak anglers :) Im really interested in finding out your names and locations...My names Jeff Goudreau and Im in the Queen Charlotte Islands...If you are Canadian give me a shout on this thread...Ive talked to a few people across Canada they have all said they know of one or two of us and thats it...So lets see who you are...Even if its your first post or your just cruising...

Water Wolf QCI

• Rockfish

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
<;(((><
   At first I thought the semi-colon on your ASCI fish was an eye/gill cover, now it's starting to look more like it's crying.

And I thought it's been tough to find someone to go kayak fishing with here in Portland even though we have a half a million people and probably one of the larger contingents on this board.  I can't imagine the depths of your plight...

Maybe you need to start a local campaign for kayak fishing awareness on QCI.  See if can't get PolePole to help make up some fliers to hand out.  Get a second kayak and offer free guided trips until you get someone else addicted.

Good luck...

Brian
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Water Wolf QCI

• Rockfish
lol...Thanks for the sympathy...A man always has his dog...lol

Don

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Feb 2008
Hi Jeff, it's Don from the ontario site.  I noticed you found us over there too.  While I've never yakfished BC before, I have fished there for Kings once and had a great time.  Actually sending the wife back in March to see here sister in Sooke... I'll prolly hold off until '09 to go back myself... but I'll be hanging out here from time to time to see how you saltwater guys do it  ;)  A tyee from a kayak would be killer!

Tight lines
Don

Water Wolf QCI

• Rockfish
Thanks for the contact man :)
I'll be bouncing around to now that Im finding guys out there...Id love to fish with you in 09 when your around...Keep in touch man...

Fishin-T

• Lingcod
  • It's called a "Slow Loris"
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Hey Jeff!

Wow, I knew that there weren’t as many kayaking anglers north of the border as what we’ve managed to scrounge up down here, but I had no idea that it was still THAT sparse.  I haven’t seen Snag-a-but answer your post yet.  I’m sure he’s just been busy working and hasn’t been watching the forum that much.  I’ll rattle his cage and see what he has to say to you.  And then there used to be a couple of guys that would post on the Kayak Fishing Stuff forum, but I haven’t seen anything from them in a LONG time.

I’ll tell you what Jeff, I can’t imagine that I can pass for a Canadian but if you’re looking to round up somebody to kayak fish with I’ve been thinking seriously about booking a trip to the QCI this summer to come over for a visit.  You and I talked just a little at Moutcha Bay last summer.  I strolled over to your camp with Polepole one night.  I’d be the goofy looking old guy… about as old as your dad.  I shouldn’t speak for Polepole, but he told me just recently that he’s serious about wanting to make that same trip along with me.  No doubt it’s more like ME going with HIM when he’s telling it, but you get the idea.

We’d be talking about probably some time in July or August.  Any interest from your end?  Can you beg, borrow, rent (we’d pay that part) or steal 2 extra kayaks on your end?  I’ve had a lot of GREAT times over on Vancouver island for about the last 3 years and I’ve been wanting to see for myself what QCI holds since I first took up kayak fishing 3 years ago and heard about the QCI from Sean, aka Snag.

Fishin-T
If at first you don't succeed....  maybe skydiving is just not for you.

Water Wolf QCI

• Rockfish
Well dude...Id love to have you...I'll keep in touch about your trip plans through email...But yeah...Lets catch a monster Halibut...

• Date Registered: May 2006
 :'( Hello Jeff,

I browse this site a few days ago...been off from it for 2 years.  Are you the only other kayaker on QCI?  On Vancouver Island there's myself and Snag (Sean) that's currently register with NWKA.  I'm sure there are other "closet" Kayak Fisher on the island that aren't aware of the website yet...or they may just be a bit shy of coming out.

I met one other fellow that likes to fish closer to home and haven't really gone anywhere far.  I myself have not been to Moutcha Bay yet...maybe one day, maybe not.  Not much of a competitor...I enjoy quiet time on the water, just some R&R you know.

Victoria Paddler (Stephen)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 10:34:55 PM by VictoriaPaddler »

Water Wolf QCI

• Rockfish
Dude!! Good to  here from you...Glad you came outa the closet...lol
Im not much of a competitor either but the moutcha thing was a blast...Being around others that share your passion is pretty awesome...
Yes Im the only kayak fisher on the QCIslands...I gotta meet up with you for a paddle one day when Im down your way...Be sure to check out the Canadian site Allen and I are getting up..Its a slow go finding souls like yourself...But man its awesome to here from you Stephen... :)

Bowenworks

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Mar 2008
I just signed up. From Bowen Island (Vancouver area) and will start kayak fishing around here. What's the latest on the QCI for fishing activity? I am interested in visiting the area and kayak fishing.

Water Wolf QCI

• Rockfish
Reports from gear fishermen(longlines) are good...The largest Ive heard of so far was just over 190 lbs...The weather isnt the best for the weekend fishermen like me...Gods been looking down on me in disgust...So I started to pray to a new god lately and this weekend is looking promising for wind...Yay...I will sacrifice a virgin(no virgins on QCI..lol) on Thursday night and we'll see what takes place...I will post a full report if I get out...K...Be sure to check out the CKA site Allen and I got going...Its growing :) Worst comes to worst Im floating the Yakoun for some trout... :( Boring..lol...I want big BUTTS...lol

Water Wolf QCI

• Rockfish
Really nice to know theres another dude in BC...Welcome to the site man...Hope to hear some stuff from down there :)

Water Wolf QCI

• Rockfish
SO MY VIRGIN SACRIFICE WENT FINE BUT IM GUESSING THE *&@$ LIED ABOUT HER STATUS....THE GODS ARE AGAINST ME!!! LOL

Temperature
6°C Pressure
100.7kPa Wave Height
3.5m Wave Period
8sec Sea Temp.
6°C Wind
ESE 34 knots 

Environment Canada Weather Forecast

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marine Forecast issued for Dixon entrance west.
Issued: 10:30 AM PDT Saturday 22 March 2008 for the period ending 10:30 AM Sunday with an outlook for the following 24 hours.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Synopsis:
An intense pacific frontal system lies through the Charlottes this morning. A 998 millibar low just west of Explorer will deepen To 986 millibars late today and move northward just west of Dixon entrance west this evening. The associated cold front will sweep across the coast overnight. A trough of low pressure when then move into the offshore waters Sunday morning.
Over northern waters and near northern Vancouver Island storm force southeasterly winds east of the front will rise to storm to hurricane force southeast this afternoon ahead of the low. Winds Will then ease to strong to gale force westerly in the wake of the low and front tonight. Winds are forecast to back to strong to gale force southeast west of the Charlottes Sunday morning.
Over southern waters moderate to strong southeasterly winds Will rise to strong to gale force southeast late today except rise To storm force southeast over northern sections of West Coast Vancouver Island South. Winds will ease to moderate to southwesterly overnight in the wake of the front and then rise to strong to gale force southeast off Vancouver Island Sunday morning.

Forecast:
Hurricane force wind warning continued.
Winds southerly 20 to 30 knots rising to southeast storm force 50 to hurricane force 65 this afternoon.
Winds easing to westerly gales 35 near midnight and to southerly 20 to 30 Sunday morning. Rain Tapering to a few showers or flurries near midnight.
Seas 3 to 5 metres building to 5 to 6 this afternoon then subsiding to 3 to 4 Sunday morning.
Outlook. Winds rising to gale force southeast then easing to strong southwest.

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
WOW! Those are some winds! No worries though, your time will come. Just make sure we get a lot of the pics! ;)

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

anything