Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:10:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:21:47 PM]

[Today at 10:47:01 AM]

[May 03, 2024, 05:31:42 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:52:48 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 11:21:53 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Searching for yak fishing buddy GVRD ( Vancouver bc area)  (Read 5581 times)

SturgeonRod

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Aug 2012
Looking for someone to go sturgeon fishing with as I would like to limit the risks and fishing alone is boring and hard to get good pictures lol
-Rodney-

FishPimp

• Rockfish
  • OK Trident 13
  • Date Registered: Sep 2011
I hear ya.  I am forced to fish alone due to a lack of yak anglers in my area.  I would love to fish BC at some point though.  Good luck finding a fishing partner.

Allan
Water everywhere, but not a drop to drink.

Baysel

• Plankton
Hey Allan, have you been into Western Canoe Kayak yet? We all kayak fish here at the store, always more than happy to have mor epeople out. our afterwork Thursday Mill Lake paddles had up to 8 kayak anglers out a few times. lots of fun!

We have been hitting Harrison, Vedder and some of the other local lakes over the past couple months.

Im certainly a better paddler than aim fisherman at this point so would love to get some people out that know more than me. I'm slowly converting form whitewater so if you ever interested in learning the do's and dot of whitewater maybe we can trade some tips sometime?

Were going to Ross Lake/Skagit River this weekend if your around, looks like about 7 or 8 of us so far.

Ryan

FishPimp

• Rockfish
  • OK Trident 13
Hey Allan, have you been into Western Canoe Kayak yet? We all kayak fish here at the store, always more than happy to have mor epeople out. our afterwork Thursday Mill Lake paddles had up to 8 kayak anglers out a few times. lots of fun!

We have been hitting Harrison, Vedder and some of the other local lakes over the past couple months.

Im certainly a better paddler than aim fisherman at this point so would love to get some people out that know more than me. I'm slowly converting form whitewater so if you ever interested in learning the do's and dot of whitewater maybe we can trade some tips sometime?

Were going to Ross Lake/Skagit River this weekend if your around, looks like about 7 or 8 of us so far.

Ryan

That is a ways away from me.  I am in SE WA.  I would live to get over to the Westside and do dome fishing, but it probably won't happen any time soon. :-[  Thanks for the invite.

Allan

1973chrisg

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
I will be looking to head out on the lower fraser Coquitlam area in 2 to 3 weeks when the coho start to show up, just got a new anchor set up I want to try out.

SturgeonRod

• Lingcod
Sweet what kind of yak and anchor
-Rodney-

1973chrisg

• Herring
I am in a 10ft nucanoe with a home made 3lb anchor. Just tested out the anchor and it works well!! Got the guys at work to make it for me. Can't seen to post pics from my iPhone otherwise I would have posted.

SturgeonRod

• Lingcod
Have you downloaded tapatalk app
-Rodney-

1973chrisg

• Herring
no I have not tried that yet but I think I will thanks!!

SturgeonRod

• Lingcod
Well worth it as long as you upload to "this forum" also I am looking forward to seeing what kind of anchor system you are using
-Rodney-

1973chrisg

• Herring
Cool got tapatalk !! Works great and here is the anchor

1973chrisg

• Herring
And another

FishWhisperer

• Herring
  • The Fish Whisperer
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Hey guys,

I am into fishing as much as possible.  Keep me posted as I live in Chilliwack.

I don't want to stick my nose into your anchor system, but just in case you haven't used it much on the Fraser (or any other river for that matter) you may want to be careful with that setup.  Feel free to tell me to mind my own business as I got a thick skin. :)  I just worry that things can get weird fast on moving water and if you don't have a quick release system in place then you can be swimming in a hurry.

Just my .02 worth.

Cheers
Len
Len Zilkowsky

Jackson Kayak
Werner Paddles
Kokatat

1973chrisg

• Herring
thanks for the heads up, I was curious about that and I was relying on my leatherman. I haven't used on any rivers yet but only a windy lake and it worked quite well.
I welcome any suggestions for a quick release anchor set up??

FishPimp

• Rockfish
  • OK Trident 13
thanks for the heads up, I was curious about that and I was relying on my leatherman. I haven't used on any rivers yet but only a windy lake and it worked quite well.
I welcome any suggestions for a quick release anchor set up??

Check out the BSteves setup on the drilling and cutting forum. It is simple and effective.

anything