Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:33:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: ORC 2019  (Read 14149 times)

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008

The 2019 ORC Will be held July 13, 2019 at Depoe Bay.  Stay tuned here for more info.  I will start another thread for some cool stuff that was donated since not everyone uses Facebook.

I spoke with the fine folks at the Cinook Bend RV Resort, which is the location we have used in the past.  They said that ORC participands will get a 20% discount, so if you choose to stay there, let them know you are participating.
http://www.chinookbend.com/?fbclid=IwAR0TLEmcRfz90rbhy17U20xeoMybvdNOcH4_-B7LqZpdo7qr8EG9ZR-r3lo

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
YEEE-HAAAAAWWWWW!!!!!

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

Clayman

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Great to see ORC is back on the tourney circuit! I'll be there to defend the 2017 title :D.
aMayesing Bros.

PNW

• Teutrowenia pellucida (Googly-eyed glass squid)
  • Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008

goldendog

• Salmon
This will be number 12, if you count our get-together last year! Here's a few photos from No. 1 in 2008, in Pacific City. It would be great to have another tournament there sometime.
Fishing is much more than fish.  It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.  ~Herbert Hoover

• Date Registered: Dec 2018
This will be number 12, if you count our get-together last year! Here's a few photos from No. 1 in 2008, in Pacific City. It would be great to have another tournament there sometime.

"The Pacific Kayak Angler's Showdown" has a nice ring to it...

craig

• Sturgeon
The dory men would hate us all if 120 people showed up and took all the spots.  I like the the dory men and they get along fine with us. I would hate to ruin that. Also, four foot at 9 seconds would suck at PC, but is doable at Depoe. Less chance of a cancellation.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 02:15:36 PM by craig »

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
The dory men would hate us all if 120 people showed up and took all the spots.  I like the the dory men and the get along fine with us. I would hate to ruin that. Also, four foot at 9 seconds would suck at PC, but is doable at Depoe. Less chance of a cancellation.

+1

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
The dory men would hate us all if 120 people showed up and took all the spots.  I like the the dory men and they get along fine with us. I would hate to ruin that.

Surely that could be worked out ahead of time, especially if there was a local charitable beneficiary of the tournament.

goldendog

• Salmon
The nice thing about PC was being able to camp across the street from the beach. Just get up, roll across the road, and launch. No early morning drive to the launch. Also, no worries about parking. There are two campgrounds, a public one for tents, and a nice private one for RVs. We had the potluck at the public campground where there was plenty of room, and a nice fish cleaning station.
Fishing is much more than fish.  It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.  ~Herbert Hoover

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014

"The Pacific Kayak Angler's Showdown" has a nice ring to it...
It does in deed........ Also if we pick a big surf day we could call it “Asses Handed To All derby” .....“Turtle Tournament”...... “NWKA Community Yard Sale”
  :laughing4:

We would definitely need a staging area off site with a couple of flatbed trailer yak shuttles to the surf zone. Totally doable but I say we make it a Barbie rods only game, and no FF game “David VS Goliath” style.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
The nice thing about PC was being able to camp across the street from the beach. Just get up, roll across the road, and launch. No early morning drive to the launch. Also, no worries about parking. There are two campgrounds, a public one for tents, and a nice private one for RVs. We had the potluck at the public campground where there was plenty of room, and a nice fish cleaning station.

I doubt that would work so well nowadays.  Other people have discovered Cape Kiwanda since 2008 and seem to bury all the camping options in the summer.   

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

craig

• Sturgeon
Yeah those campsites are hard to come by.  Also, in 2008 there were less than 20 competitors.  Now we have to cap it at 120.  Don't get me wrong, I love PC, but there were a couple years we were able to hold it at Depoe where it would have been sketchy at PC due to weather and surf.

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Not to beat a dead horse on the PC thing, but something that hasn't been mentioned yet, which would be one of the sole reasons that the Dorymen would hate us for it, is the increase of beach ramp traffic it would cause. Has everyone seen what the beach traffic situation looks like on a Saturday in July lately? It certainly is not what it used to look like. It's an absolute disaster. Now imagine an extra 60 (being conservative here) rigs trying to get on/off the beach. Then throw in the increase in backup because 1 in 5 of those extra rigs gets stuck in the sand and blocks traffic.

Two words: Cluster F...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 08:36:06 AM by rawkfish »

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Not to beat a dead horse on the PC thing, but something that hasn't been mentioned yet, which would be one of the sole reasons that the Dorymen would hate us for it, is the increase of beach ramp traffic it would cause. Has everyone seen what the beach traffic situation looks like on a Saturday in July lately? It certainly is not what it used to look like. It's an absolute disaster. Now imagine an extra 60 (being conservative here) rigs trying to get on/off the beach. Then throw in the increase in backup because 1 in 5 of those extra rigs gets stuck in the sand and blocks traffic.

Two words: Cluster F...
That’s Fuster Cluck .... get it right rawk!!!!!!

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

anything