Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 09:26:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

by jed
[May 09, 2024, 09:27:35 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:33 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 09:39:21 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 11:31:01 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Any active anglers near Richmond Beach?  (Read 5650 times)

Noob Noob

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Jun 2019
I've been wanting to fish for some of the resident coho since the fishery opened on June 1st. Anyone been out in MA10 recently? Be a couple weeks before I can get out there myself as the yak I ordered won't arrive until the 18th.

Also wondering about the most convenient place to launch in Richmond Beach as I'm only a 10-15 minute drive away.
"It's OK to eat fish because they don't have any feelings."  ~ Kurt Cobain

demonick

• Sturgeon
  • Domenick Venezia, Author
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
I live nearby. There really isn't any convenient place to launch in Richmond Beach.

I've done Richmond Beach park, but it's quite a haul from parking to sand. You'd need a good cart like a Wheelez: https://wheeleez.com/
Going down is not bad, coming up can be tough.

You can also check out Edmonds. There is a park just south of the marina, but I'm not sure what the current rules are about hauling fish out of the water through a park. Same goes for the possible launch point just north of the marina at the Underwater Park.

As far as I know there is no place to launch in the marina--no ramps, just lifts.

There is also Picnic Point, again, kind of a slog.

And Mukilteo boat launch.
demonick
Author, Linc Malloy Legacies -- Action/Adventure/Thrillers
2021 Chanticleer Finalist - Global Thriller Series & High Stakes Fiction
Rip City Legacy, Book 6 latest release!
DomenickVenezia.com

Noob Noob

• Rockfish
I live nearby. There really isn't any convenient place to launch in Richmond Beach.

I've done Richmond Beach park, but it's quite a haul from parking to sand. You'd need a good cart like a Wheelez: https://wheeleez.com/
Going down is not bad, coming up can be tough.

Thanks for the info, Demonick!  :)

I have a cart on order which should (hopefully) be arriving by tomorrow:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077189ZC5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm going to check out the park you mentioned later today. One person mentioned parking on 127th ave but that looks kind of narrow, even for my compact Kia Spectra 5.

Edit: LOL I was totally getting my parks mixed up and was confusing Richmond Beach with Carkeek! Definitely no stairs to worry about at Richmond Beach. That's probably where I'm going to launch from once I get my yak all setup and tested on the lake. I can see how going back would be tough on the legs, especially on a hot day!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 07:01:47 PM by Noob Noob »

henney

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: May 2014
I launch at the park south of the marina all the time, and occasionally even catch fish.

The park is right at the border of areas 9-10, so fish to the south if you're chasing resident coho. They're around.

You don't really need a cart--I just haul my boat over the logs between the parking lot and the water.

The beach north of the marina is a great place to launch, but I typically only use it when 9 is open.

Jpsky

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Aug 2018
I would say Shilshole in Seattle or Marina Park in Edmonds are better launches than Richmond.  I will be launching out of shilshole on Sat or Sun. For resident coho.

Noob Noob

• Rockfish
I would say Shilshole in Seattle or Marina Park in Edmonds are better launches than Richmond.  I will be launching out of shilshole on Sat or Sun. For resident coho.

I thought about launching from Golden Gardens since the beach is pretty close to the parking area. Wish I could join you this weekend - let us know how it goes!  :)

Jpsky

• Krill
Shilshole launch worked well this morning! Limit by 8:30 straight out from meadow point 200 to 300 FOW.  40 to 60 OTW.

crkohrin

• Krill
  • Date Registered: May 2009
I've launched off Richmond before but its not worth haul.

I second Golden Gardens. Easier launch and better fishing IMO.

Fishing has been pretty great for coho, grabbed two last Saturday and another two this morning. I'll be out again tomorrow same time. Saw one other yak this morning but didn't get a chance to chat. Guessing that was you jpsky?

crkohrin

• Krill
Forgot the pic. 220 FOW, fishing a diver ~25' down.

Noob Noob

• Rockfish
Forgot the pic. 220 FOW, fishing a diver ~25' down.

Hey you two both scored some nice fish! I'll be joining you out there soon - just 4 more days until my Pilot gets here!  :D

Question: what do you guys wear out there at this time of year? I just got a dry suit but it turned out to be a bit too small. Also seems like it would be a bit too hot, especially if the sun were out. Looking to get something to replace it as quickly as possible.

Edit: Thinking about something like this short-john wet-suit for the spring/summer:
https://www.amazon.com/Phantom-Aquatics-Marine-Shorty-Wetsuit/dp/B00IQU0FQ0/ref=sr_1_10?crid=2AWVXLTB9C0EV&keywords=spring%2Bsuit%2Bwetsuit%2Bmens&qid=1560614785&s=gateway&sprefix=spring%2Bsuit%2Caps%2C212&sr=8-10&th=1&psc=1

... with maybe a light jacket and quick dry pants over the top for those cooler mornings. Then for the fall/winter months I could switch to a dry suit with fleece underwear and such.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 10:56:18 AM by Noob Noob »

crkohrin

• Krill
Synthetic top and bottom and of course a life vest.

If you're trolling you'll be sweating bullets in a dry suit, even on days like today when it's not even that hot. Coho like a quick troll, so it's not exactly a leisurely speed. You won't be going very far off shore so even if you do get wet you're just a short kick to the parking lot.

Jpsky

• Krill
I have been wearing a kokotat dry suit with thin poly pro underneath and that has been working well.today was good.  In warm weather I might ditch the dry suit and opt for something lighter with a good pfd.

Noob Noob

• Rockfish
I have been wearing a kokotat dry suit with thin poly pro underneath and that has been working well.today was good.  In warm weather I might ditch the dry suit and opt for something lighter with a good pfd.

Thanks for the reply  :)

The dry suit I bought actually fits pretty well save for the neoprene neck seal being so tight (I have a rather thick neck). Any way to stretch that stuff without ruining it? I bought it off Amazon but the shipper is in England. Shipping it back to them will probably cost a few $$.

workhard

• Salmon
  • Get off your computer and fish
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
what do you guys wear out there at this time of year?

Shorts, T Shirt, Adidas water shoes, wide brim hat, buff to cover my face.. 100+ spf sunscreen everywhere. I'd be concerned about heat stroke in my drysuit.

Jpsky

• Krill
If anyone would like to join I will be launching at 6:00 Am and fishing around Meadow Point.