Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:06:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 08:37:24 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Any active anglers near Richmond Beach?  (Read 5585 times)

demonick

• Sturgeon
  • Domenick Venezia, Author
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
At some point in the past, a NWKA safety flag was available. I stuck mine on the end of a broken fishing rod.
demonick
Author, Linc Malloy Legacies -- Action/Adventure/Thrillers
2021 Chanticleer Finalist - Global Thriller Series & High Stakes Fiction
Rip City Legacy, Book 6 latest release!
DomenickVenezia.com

Noob Noob

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Jun 2019
At some point in the past, a NWKA safety flag was available. I stuck mine on the end of a broken fishing rod.

Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those for sure  :)

I got a bicycle safety flag for under $20 off of Amazon (I get just about everything from them since I have Prime). Now I just need figure out a good way to mount it. Unfortunately the built-in rod holders are nearly useless as they are too wide and shallow to hold anything securely.

Got my NRS Chinook PFD yesterday but I think it's too small. Everyone says to go at least 1 or 2 sizes larger for max comfort and I got the sm/med size.

Also decided to order a non-electronic compass that I will secure to the deck in case the fog rolls in on me. My Garmin FF has GPS but the compass will serve as a nice backup.
"It's OK to eat fish because they don't have any feelings."  ~ Kurt Cobain

demonick

• Sturgeon
  • Domenick Venezia, Author
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
Also decided to order a non-electronic compass that I will secure to the deck in case the fog rolls in on me. My Garmin FF has GPS but the compass will serve as a nice backup.
If you are anywhere between Golden Gardens and Mukilteo just listen for the trains. Big wakes, car doors, traffic, all can be a hint too.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 09:07:20 AM by demonick »
demonick
Author, Linc Malloy Legacies -- Action/Adventure/Thrillers
2021 Chanticleer Finalist - Global Thriller Series & High Stakes Fiction
Rip City Legacy, Book 6 latest release!
DomenickVenezia.com

sherminator

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
I got a bicycle safety flag for under $20 off of Amazon (I get just about everything from them since I have Prime). Now I just need figure out a good way to mount it. Unfortunately the built-in rod holders are nearly useless as they are too wide and shallow to hold anything securely.

I mounted a flag in my rod holder by cutting a 10" length of 1"PVC, drilling 3/8" holes (diameter of the flag pole) in the center of two 1"PVC pipe caps, and gluing the caps on the ends of pipe. If you put some pipe insulation around the tube, it will fit very snugly in the rod holder. Put the flag in the in the tube. (Of course, you rod holders may be sized differently.)
15x tournament loser
2011 Hobie Oasis (yellow)
2014 Hobie Revo  (red)
2017 Aquaglide Blackfoot HB Angler XL

Noob Noob

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Jun 2019

I mounted a flag in my rod holder by cutting a 10" length of 1"PVC, drilling 3/8" holes (diameter of the flag pole) in the center of two 1"PVC pipe caps, and gluing the caps on the ends of pipe. If you put some pipe insulation around the tube, it will fit very snugly in the rod holder. Put the flag in the in the tube. (Of course, you rod holders may be sized differently.)

Thanks, sherminator  :)

That's similar to how I built my 2 rod holders. Used a couple 1.5" PVC pipes with couplers glued to their ends. The couplers actually fit down into the built-in rod holders fairly snugly without needing any glue. Seems to be a good solution but I haven't tested them yet. As for the flag; I found that cheap Fred Meyer small-diameter pool noodles fit in the holders really tightly. I just cut a small slit in the center for the flag mount. Takes a pretty good yank to pull it out so I think that should do nicely.
"It's OK to eat fish because they don't have any feelings."  ~ Kurt Cobain