Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:25:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 10:14:53 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 08:37:24 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Trying to decide how to mount my FF  (Read 1616 times)

Noob Noob

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Jun 2019
So I'm going to be making repairs to my new (yet badly damaged during shipping) Perception Pescador Pilot this weekend.

Once I'm done, I'd like to install the Garmin Striker CV4. I believe the transducer that came with it is the GT22HW-TM. The yak has a recess on the bottom for a scupper mount but I'm a little wary of drilling holes. Another problem is that the transom mounting bracket doesn't quite fit well enough into the recess. If I installed it there, it would be hanging down lower than the bottom of the hull. Garmin doesn't actually make a scupper mount either. I  noticed that there are already 2 screws in the scupper recess but I think they were made for a Lowrance mount.

I don't think I have the option of doing the foam cut-out filled with water since the only hatch I have is in the very back next to the rudder. Has anyone ever done a DIY like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=442&v=ZcYxw8DtC5A

I was also considering getting one of these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0174X6T5A/?coliid=I1XUV7LE640OI8&colid=2VJTK657JXGR2&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

Thing kind of looks like it would get in the way of fishing though, not to mention possibly causing a bit of extra drag on whatever side I install it on.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 07:53:07 PM by Noob Noob »
"It's OK to eat fish because they don't have any feelings."  ~ Kurt Cobain

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Google it for a Pescador Pilot.  There are dozens of videos out there of folks with a Pilot and some are about mounting an actual Garmin transducer.
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

demonick

• Sturgeon
  • Domenick Venezia, Author
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
If your new Perception Pescador Pilot was badly damaged during shipping, the dealer or shipping company should make it right. Why repair it yourself?
demonick
Author, Linc Malloy Legacies -- Action/Adventure/Thrillers
2021 Chanticleer Finalist - Global Thriller Series & High Stakes Fiction
Rip City Legacy, Book 6 latest release!
DomenickVenezia.com

Noob Noob

• Rockfish
If your new Perception Pescador Pilot was badly damaged during shipping, the dealer or shipping company should make it right. Why repair it yourself?

Perception's warranty states that they aren't responsible for damages done during shipping. When Amazon agreed to put $329 back on my credit card (it was already on sale for $1529), I cancelled the replacement order. I did it this way because I really didn't want to wait another 3 weeks for the replacement while half the summer flew on by.

I'm at least trying to make Perception aware that their packing materials are inadequate (to say the least) to protect against the rigors of freight shipping. Amazon blocked my 1st attempt at a negative review and I'm currently waiting for them to clear my second one. I will most likely call Perception anyway as I'm not the first person to complain about their shoddy packing practices.

In the mean time, I'm happy to report that Serenity is almost ready to launch!  :D

I used the plastic welder and HDPE bucket method with the little 150W car adapter and it worked perfectly. With a little research and ingenuity, I was able to get the Garmin GT20-TM transducer mounted in the scupper without blocking the scupper too much. I'll be launching from Lake Ballinger tomorrow around noon. Wish me luck!

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
If it has a rudder, you could mount it to the rudder.  I did that on my 2011 Outback and on my inflatable. I ran the cable on the inside and put a waterproof fitting through the hatch.

Noob Noob

• Rockfish
If it has a rudder, you could mount it to the rudder.  I did that on my 2011 Outback and on my inflatable. I ran the cable on the inside and put a waterproof fitting through the hatch.

Thanks for the tip, craig.   :)

I actually figured out a way to mount it in the front scupper using 2 pieces of 1 1/4 in pvc pipe, 3 rubber washers of the same size, a small bungee cord, a tiny bit of velcro and 2 1-inch slices of pool noodle. If it fails, I will probably give your suggestion a try but it seems to be holding up pretty well so far.

Looks like you had yourself had a pretty good day when that pic was taken!

anything