Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:15:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by Spot
[Today at 10:57:58 AM]

[Today at 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 08:37:24 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Pacific City Tuesday  (Read 2694 times)

T Coastal

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Apr 2019
Finally finished taking care of all my gear, I will be the first one to report. Pretty slow day in the ocean for me, gave trolling about an hour, hour-and-a-half chance or so, should have kept at it with some different color brads cut plugs and maybe closer to shore, heard of plenty that were caught. Gave up with salmon and headed towards the Rock and fished the Pinnacle for another 45 minutes or an hour. Only picked up one bass on a jig from Mojo who was having a bit better luck than me. I went to a very small other close by reef and had a little bit more luck with a diamond jig, picking up two more pretty quick before calling it a day.

Surf was excellent, for most of us  ;) ocean was really nice as well. Bit of a fiasco with the soft sand in the morning at high tide, saw a couple Dory Rigs get stuck, as well as getting myself stuck towing a trailer. Found out I much prefer driving on the sand without a trailer ;) hoping to get back out next week, extended forecast looks good so far if it holds.
2020 Hobie Outback
2018 Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Ok Fine !

I got a late launch behind everyone else to a nice overcast light sprinkle for a few minutes beautiful morning, low swell light breeze, got some video of the whale swimming around in 20 ft of water. Laughed with ok it was at Hdwipmonkey for hooking a beautiful cabizon one week early. I landed 4 nice size bass with 19 being the biggest and the rest all over 15, damned-est thing though of the four fish that big I only found one worm... not that I’m complaining mind you but only one?!  Cursed Big D when I told him he was the last one in and we expected a roll since everybody else made it in upright, boy he knows how to deliver, wasn’t spectacular but a yard sale nonetheless, thanks D  >:D. If Hdwipmonkey or one of you guys that has my contact info AND knows how to put videos up here I’ll text or email the two videos to ya if you’ll post them.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 06:16:47 PM by Mojo Jojo »

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

Clayman

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Good to put some faces to names out there today! I stayed out there until about 1:30pm or so, trying my damned-est to get a keeper salmon. I ended up going 3 for 6, but the three I landed were all wild coho  :(. Took me a bit to dial it in, but thanks to Onefish, I found the coho in the top of the water column. Pulling a Brad's Cut Plug at about seven pulls was the ticket. First three bites were out in the 120-130 foot zone, while the other three were in the 60-70 foot zone directly south of the Rock. Marked a good amount of bait, and most of the bites came either when I was trolling through bait or through a rip.

Didn't bring anything home on this trip, but rest assured I'll be back!
aMayesing Bros.

onefish

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
Great to see everyone enjoying some Kiwanda with great conditions.  Really proud of my 10 yr old converting on 3 of her 4 hookups w just some mild coaching  >:D

“Out of the water I am nothing” Duke Kahanamoku

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
It was good to get out on the ocean again.  It was also good to see some new faces.

3 nice rockfish for me and 2 cabbies.  One was a really nice size.  Got to see some whales and I even saw a turtle frolicking in the surf  ;D

No cabbies were harmed in the making of this fishing report (the same can't be said for the rockfish  :banjo:)
Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard

Guppy Tamer

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2011
Anyone heading out tomorrow? I'm planning on going. Forecast still looks pretty good. Mostly planning on bottom fishing, but would like to chase some salmon if someone who knew what to do was there and I could chase :)

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Great to see everyone enjoying some Kiwanda with great conditions.  Really proud of my 10 yr old converting on 3 of her 4 hookups w just some mild coaching  >:D

That is a flat out awesome pic! 

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

rogerdodger

• Fish Retriever
  • Sturgeon
  • roger
  • Date Registered: Dec 2012

agreed, just outstanding.
2019 Hobie Outback (Fish Retriever)

T Coastal

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Apr 2019
Forgot to say it was nice to meet everyone! eventually I will remember everyone's names and be able to put faces to them.
2020 Hobie Outback
2018 Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008

Nominate for front page status.....
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

Big D

• Perch
  • If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
  • Date Registered: May 2018
It was a great day at Pacific City with Shannon, Ray, Tim, Steve, and others I cant remember names of.  I was the only one to get rolled in the surf on the way back in but can't have everything perfect.  Looking forward to the next trip.

Big D

• Perch
  • If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
  • Date Registered: May 2018
It was good to get out on the ocean again.  It was also good to see some new faces.

3 nice rockfish for me and 2 cabbies.  One was a really nice size.  Got to see some whales and I even saw a turtle frolicking in the surf [/b] ;D

No cabbies were harmed in the making of this fishing report (the same can't be said for the rockfish 

Ha Ha Hpdwipmonkey