Forum > Kayak Sailing

No activity here for 2 months

<< < (2/3) > >>

dampainter:
look how windy it is in the video! whoa!!! actually... wish i could have conditions like that i would be able to sail more. maybe a little more wind tho. kayak sailing is for calm winds...max10 maybe 15mph winds. anything more it just gets too sloppy even with outriggers( a necessity for sailing in more then a breeze or you will find yourself in the water alot)which, since i live in the gorge seems like asking too much. either no wind at all or too much here. am speaking about the hobie revolution 13 that i have with hobie sail.  i dunno, are the A.I.`s much better?

INSAYN:
I am by no means an expert at sailing, but the AI ama's really help keep you in the kayak under heavy gusts. 
The water does get choppy and it's a REALLY wet ride, but worth the ride for sure. 

I am not sure what the actual wind gusts where when Blue and I were flying along at 9+mph with one ama plowing water hard, but man was that fun!  I am sure I should have reefed the sail a notch, and leaned out on the opposite tramp to keep the ama from diving on me. 

I'm so looking forward to sailing on a breezy day in the ocean out of Depoe Bay sometime.  It may end up being this fall/winter when junior goes back to school and isn't able to be out there with me.

Jammer:
I just sailed my TI all around the B10 area last week. I didn't bother bringing rods out because I was alone and just testing the waters. It's amazing how fast this boats moves through the water. I was only running about 60% sail and was covering water at around 8 MPH in 15 MPH wind. Yes I was pushing it a bit, but that's what I was trying to do. Now there's no doubt in my mind I could easily sail to different locations and fish the B10 area really easily. Look for reports soon.
JMR

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tsquared:
I use the sail to troll my AI whenever possible. Here on Juan de Fuca strait the summertime afternoon westerly is fairly consistent. I can sometimes plan my day's fishing by going with an ebb tide from my put in spot and then catching the westerly back in the PM. I've had fun in October sail trolling for coho, moving along at a good clip.
T2

joecool911:
Is the AI a good primary fishing platform or kind of a specialty?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version