Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:04:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Anyone Fishing Thursday (9/28)?  (Read 1962 times)

Shin09

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
Incoming tides at Nehalem look favorable for the morning (low at 730am-ish).  Will these rains be drawing fish in, too much rain and blow out the bay? Some fish still being caught in the lower columbia it seems, maybe the rains will draw coho in to the lewis? Chinook at Drano? The possibilities are endless!

Beer_Run

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
Not gonna burn a vacation day, but if I did, I would probably still be fishing the Columbia/Lewis. 4,500 fish over the dam yesterday. Nehalem should still be ok down low. Pretty windy at Drano which is pretty unpleasant but doable. Should be a ton of fish there.
- Bob

2020 Hobie Outback - Seagrass
2021 Old Town AutoPilot 120 - Blue/Gray

elstunar

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Jun 2022
Will be going out Friday, probably Drano if forecast isn't too bad.  I think Austin Pt./Lewis and Blurock/Davis area are still also good options at the moment.

Shin09

• Salmon
I still have never fished drano and want to give it a try so leaning that way.  Wind has me a biiiiit concerned, but i always kind of figured that in the toiletbowl area you were pretty protected from wind, but maybe im wrong.

Beer_Run

• Lingcod
Last few trips to Drano there have not been many folk fishing in the bowl and you are definitely not protected. Most of the guides were hover fishing with eggs in the west half of the lake. There is a bit of protection at the far west end. The forecasts I look at show it pretty windy but doable.

If the ramp is a zoo, use the handicap ramp up the road before the bridge.

PS if using the walkway, get there early. Some of the guides pick up clients there and there is not a ton of parking
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 11:34:21 AM by Beer_Run »
- Bob

snopro

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
I still have never fished drano and want to give it a try so leaning that way.  Wind has me a biiiiit concerned, but i always kind of figured that in the toiletbowl area you were pretty protected from wind, but maybe im wrong.
The bowl is more of a Springer show.

Shin09

• Salmon
Thinking I’ll go for Austin point and give it one more go there. Tide timing not the best but can at least slip into the Lewis if the current too strong. Wind forecast for the gorge getting worse

Beer_Run

• Lingcod
Have had good luck in the Lewis on those big outgoing tides. I am looking at Friday afternoon to fish the incoming. Looking forward to your report. The coast is also calling for the weekend. Thinking about the Nehalem.
- Bob

Shin09

• Salmon
Got my nook and calling it a day. Not the brightest fish but I’ll take it!   Very slow out here but we’re reaching low tide so could be it. 16 oz, 75dt of line in 40 ft of water

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
T bay last week

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015
Have had good luck in the Lewis on those big outgoing tides. I am looking at Friday afternoon to fish the incoming. Looking forward to your report. The coast is also calling for the weekend. Thinking about the Nehalem.

I am interested to hear how you do at the lewis.  They have nets above warrior rock thursday from 7pm to friday 7am
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC

elstunar

• Plankton
Got my Chinook on the first pass outside of the bridge at Drano this morning. 30 ft of water, 45 on the line counter, 16 oz with 360 flasher and hot tamale KCP. Very little pressure there today, still a good amount of fish around. Tried another hour or so to get a coho but no luck. Had one other takedown but lost it about half way to the kayak, seemed smallish.

Beer_Run

• Lingcod
Went to Austin Pt around noon today. Looked like a bad day on the ocean. Good size white caps and a whipping wind. Went back to the tweaker boat ramp to fish the Lewis. Talked to a couple kayakers who had started around 7-8 and had only two wild coho and had not really seen anything else. Decided to give it a try just cuz I had driven all the way up there. Made a half dozen laps with nothing then decided to give the big river a go. Got out and started trolling upstream. Big waves, but not 100% horrible (only 95% horrible) going with the wind and the tide. About halfway to the green can I decided it wasn't worth it. Not many boats and no nets. Turned around and 90 seconds later, Bingo! Luckily a hatchery coho. Headed directly back to the Lewis and trolled back to the ramp. Can't catch them in the office or on the couch.
- Bob

Beer_Run

• Lingcod
Got my Chinook on the first pass outside of the bridge at Drano this morning. 30 ft of water, 45 on the line counter, 16 oz with 360 flasher and hot tamale KCP. Very little pressure there today, still a good amount of fish around. Tried another hour or so to get a coho but no luck. Had one other takedown but lost it about half way to the kayak, seemed smallish.

How were the conditions? Windy as crap at the Lewis this afternoon.
- Bob

elstunar

• Plankton

How were the conditions? Windy as crap at the Lewis this afternoon.
  Pretty flat today...wind maybe 2-3 mph...no issue at all

anything