Forum > Kayak Sailing

AI rigging

(1/1)

Grimm-9999:
I have a 2012 AI that is my toy in San Juan’s. I want to rig it for fishing, so looking for ideas.  This fall I decided to get my moneys worth out of it, so am out nearly every weekend sailing and peddling away out there. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tsquared:
here is a pic I took in 2012 when I was rigging the yak. I have since mounted the plotter  on the haka as well. I keep the downrigger, rod mount and ram balls permanently on the haka and just lift the whole thing off and store as is. The port  side I keep I keep clean so as to swing in the pontoon when landing a fish.You can see my boat inspector in the picture--he's vain but he works for peanuts.

Here is a pic showing the downrigger(my dad's old one from the '70's). I use a 48' clip which I swing over the back of the aka and clip onto my line--works great. Finally, some spring success in September. Good luck rigging it, it’s a lot of fun.
T2

Grimm-9999:
Nice pics :). I was thinking of adding the planks on the amas as good way to zero drill the yak. Looks like you did the same?   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tsquared:
I did drill a couple of holes when I rigged the wiring for a Hobie evolve motor. 1 hole is in the forward wall of the cockpit for the power plug and the other is in the open starboard  storage area for my control cable to go to the throttle. When I use the evolve, the throttle mounts on a ram ball on the haka. I fish mostly on Juan de Fuca Strait and the motor enables me to get out on days when the current is too strong for peddle only. Often the summer pm westerly let’s me use the sail to troll.
T2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version