Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:59:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:24:50 PM]

[Today at 02:19:35 PM]

[Today at 01:10:00 PM]

[Today at 11:40:28 AM]

[Today at 10:55:19 AM]

[Today at 10:49:19 AM]

by [WR]
[May 18, 2024, 04:51:53 PM]

[May 17, 2024, 08:35:26 PM]

by Spot
[May 16, 2024, 08:44:06 PM]

by [WR]
[May 16, 2024, 05:38:38 PM]

by Plap
[May 15, 2024, 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Spousal peer pressure!  (Read 3673 times)

Toots

• Krill
  • Date Registered: May 2012
Greetings! Newby here...I finally succumbed to the husband's (Romanian Redneck) pressures to join the forum. The hubby has been hooked ever since he got his kayak a couple months back. I knew I was missing out on something good when I would wake up in the middle of the night to the husband delicately talking in his sleep about all the places he wants to go with his kayak and all the things he wants to do with it. Honestly, I feel like I'm in a very intense polygamous relationship. While I do take some comfort in knowing I'll always be first wife, the husband's yellow Hobie Outback will always be a close (and threatening) second. So, to avoid the potential of becoming Nag Wife, I decided...if you can't beat em', join em'!

I've done my fair share of fishing with the hubby, but it has always involved him chivalrously setting me up and me reeling in all the glory. But now I want to learn, and what better time than with my own kayak (woohoo!). Plus, I feel like having two separate kayaks rather than one boat will work out nicely for us...we can stay close if we want, but once the husband gets mad and starts cussin', I can play Pocahontas and paddle my way to the other side of the lake  ;D.

Romanian Redneck and I have been married for three years.  We met in college and started out as friends, but before we knew it my Beef Cake had stole my heart. I knew he had to be mine when he would come into our 7 am Statistics class covered in fish guts because he had been out fishing since 3. Nothing screams true love like collegiate hormones and fish guts  :-*

We also have the cutest little baby girl on this side of the Columbia. When I told her daddy that we can get her a little princess fishing pole in a couple years, he replied "No way. I'm starting her out on Lamiglas". Uh oh...

And finally, here's my new kayak, the Tarpon 120. I think it's pretty cute (I mean, cool) ;)

I'll probably be lurking in the shadows of the forum for the most part, but hopefully I will be able to learn a thing or two from you all!  :)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 07:07:49 PM by Toots »

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen
  • Date Registered: May 2011
  Hi Toots,
 My wife finally joined this forum a couple of days ago (seahorse).I guess she finally saw the light ---or got tired of me constantly saying "hey sweetie ,come and look at this".So welcome to the club.
  My wife had a kayak I built for her about 9 years ago.A fiberglass SINK that we have had a lot of  fun and a whole bunch  of fish with.Then last spring I bought a Native Ultimate 12 and she had to have one too.I recently got an Outback and she hasn't tried it yet.......but that day is coming soon.A few more expenses coming my way...oh well.
  I hope to see more posts of the two of you's adventures.
  And RR is correct...start the little one out with a lami......might as well do it right from the start.
Life is short---live it tall.

Be kinder than necessary--- everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.
She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend.
She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent

revjcp

• Sturgeon
  • Don't judge me...
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
Malibu Mini-X

Formers Rides...
OK Trident 13
Hobie Outback

Bennicus

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
Good to have you aboard.  Beautiful girl you got there.

andyjade

• Sturgeon
  • Photo Dump
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Wow, this place is getting classier by the day.  Time to pick up the beer cans, hose out the live well, and stop the subscription to DOA Lure's Lovely Ladies of South Florida Kayak Fishing calendars.  Nonetheless, we're glad to have you aboard.  Your new boat is pretty sweet; it's gonna be fun to watch you make it your own.  And then get it filthy with slime and blood.  Have fun with your new passion!
Blog/Photo Dump

Editor, The Milkcrate, Kayak Angler Lifestyle.

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
... stop the subscription to DOA Lure's Lovely Ladies of South Florida Kayak Fishing calendars. ...

:laughing4:

Welcome aboard, Toots!  It's awesome to see more ladies on the site!

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

yakadiyak

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jun 2011
Hi Toots. Welcome aboard. Hope to see you and RR out on the river or Battle Ground Lake soon.

Antoine

akfishergal

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
Great intro, Toots!  It always brings a smile, seeing another couple starting out their lives fishing and floating and dreaming.  Beautiful family you've got.  Thanks for sharing.

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Sweet! So much a better solution than the one I took.  Lol.  Welcome!!!
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

D rock

• Rockfish
  • www.kayakshed.com
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
Bruce!!!!!! :D :D :D

Glad you made it! Nice boat by the way. Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of kayak fishing. You will talking in your sleep about fish soon enough.

Can't wait for you two to come back out to Hood River and hit the lake with me.

See ya!!
Derek

Romanian Redneck

• snoodleboob smoochy bear
  • Sturgeon
  • 2011 Hobie Outback & WS Tarpon 120
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
Welcome honey buns. I look forward to creating many fantastic memories with you on the water. I'm so blessed that I can share my favorite pastime with my best friend.
On a different note, Andy there is no need to hide the stash as Britt will be the first to ask you where you put it. She can be more of a guy than most guys on here when she chooses :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RR's Channel         

"You break into my house, I will shoot you. My wife will shoot you and then spend thirty minutes telling you why she shot you."
- Jeff Foxworthy

Toots

• Krill
  • Date Registered: May 2012
RR is right andyjade....no need to hide the beloved stash. There may or may not be a good reason d rock calls me Bruce ;)

fishnut

• Salmon
  • 1st Recipient of 2012 A$$hat Award
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
Any gal from Fortuna is allright by me. Stash or not. Don't get me started about my old stompin' grounds of Humboldt Co. ;)

sherminator

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Come on now. It was already bad enough that I have to see other guys with all the cool, tricked out yaks, and the guys who catch all the fish they show every other day - but now I have to see pictures of these ladies joining the forum. Well, all I have to say to that is:

Yahoo!  :hello2:

Welcome!
15x tournament loser
2011 Hobie Oasis (yellow)
2014 Hobie Revo  (red)
2017 Aquaglide Blackfoot HB Angler XL

ohbryant

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2010
Welcome toots, good story!