Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:49:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by Plap
[Today at 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

by jed
[May 14, 2024, 07:03:59 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:33 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 09:39:21 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Brownlee Crappie Shootout 8  (Read 8789 times)

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Mack's Lure sent the Brownlee Crappie Shootout 8 a box full of fish catching gear this year.

Mack's Lure is was founded in 1969 in the small town of Riggins, ID with it's flagship lure The Wedding Ring. From there the company grew and never looked back.

Through innovations in techniques, materials, and acquisitions over the years, Mack's Lure has moved to forefront of fishing tackle world wide. They still produce The Wedding Ring because fish can't get enough of this lure but they have branched out with a huge line of products that cover most species.

Their walleye gear is is especially popular with kayak anglers on the Columbia and I have used their Double Whammy lures for Jumbo Yellow Perch with great success.

They offer premade gear as well as components to customize and fine tune lures to your specific fishery and conditions.

The donation includes a pile of great gear along with 3 $100 gift certificates. Some anglers will get their full catalog in their swag bags or you can find all of their gear at https://mackslure.com/

****Mack's Challenge*****

Because of this great prize package we will again have a Mack's Lure Challenge at the event this year. The angler with the single highest points fish using Mack's gear will win a sweet prize pack. You may use donated gear or your own Mack's stash, just be sure to have the lure in the picture with your catch to qualify.

Thank you Mack's Lure for the awesome donation.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Klean Kanteen sent the BCS 8 a refreshing donation for 2023.

Klean Kanteen produces a huge line of reusable water bottles, food containers, and other collections. Their products are well made and durable. I really like the food canister idea to take a hot meal out on the water. How great would that be.

"At Klean Kanteen, our commitment to you and the planet drives everything we do. From our stainless steel creations to the company we keep, we are firmly fixed on the task of making healthy, high-quality goods that will faithfully replace a lifetime of single-use items. Our hope is that you will go forth and re-use our products for years and even decades to come. One cup, bottle, and container at a time adds up... to big results."

The donation contains an assortment of their products that are sure to make some anglers very happy.

Check them out at https://www.kleankanteen.com/

Thank you Klean Kanteen for the great donation and for all you do to reduce plastic waste.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Please welcome Freaky Frank's Custom Tackle as a new sponsor for the BCS in 2023.

Freaky Frank's makes soft plastic lures like their Freaky Worms that have the ability to catch a multitude of species. It has the perfect size profile and action that mimics bait fish and other prey.

Along with this lure, Frank's offers mini and medium sized tubes for crappie and bass but my favorite is the Lil Chubby because, well, I can relate lol.

His lures are popular in other parts of the country and is gaining a following here in the PNW.

Frank sent 2 Freaky Worm Ready-To-Fish 35 pc Packs (trout/crappie specific) and 4 of his Freaky Worms for some lucky anglers to win.

Please check out his website at https://www.ffcustomtackle.com/

Thank you for the support Frank, much appreciated.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Next Adventure Paddle Sports Center is a long time sponsor and came through in a big way again this year with swag bags for participants. This year thanks to Next Adventure Paddle Sports, the first 60 anglers to sign up will receive a premium swag drybag with gear.

Next is our favorite outdoor and paddle shop in the Portland area. They are one of the biggest suppliers of recreational outdoor gear and their Scappoose location has kayaks and other watercraft that you can test out before purchase to make sure it fits your needs.

Many of the other Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament sponsors may be found at Next Adventure so be sure to check them out. They have a knowledgeable staff that will answer any questions that you may have and a huge inventory to make sure you can find the right gear.

Visit their PDX or Scappoose shops in person or cruise their online site at https://www.nextadventure.net/

Thank you Next Adventure Paddle Sports Crew for the donation.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Lancer Jigs will be sending a prize pack to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament again this year.

Terry and Tony make some of the best ocean jigs around. I cannot tell you how many fish I have caught with their lures but it's more than all of my fingers and toes. They work like mad elves up in Shelton to fill orders to help anglers from all over to catch trophy fish.

Lancer has expanded their line of products to include steelhead and salmon jigs, worms, and soft beads here https://lancerjigs.com/

Everyone has their favorite color pattern and mine is the Copper Waterdog for lingcod and Purple Nightmare for tuna😉

They have been fishing the ocean and local rivers for many years and have honed their products to maximize your time on the water with gear that really catches fish. They have been huge supporters of kayak anglers for many years and are some of nicest people you will every meet.

Thank you Terry and Tony for the continued support of the NW kayak fishing community.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Another idea is finding a 501c3 already in place that the BCS would provide fundraising for, such as Heroes on the Water.  Have them provide event permits and have all proceeds go to that organization and then donations to the event could be funneled through HOW and utilize their 501c3
Thanks for the info Zack.

Who here has experience setting up a non-profit LLC?  The lack of a 501c3 has limited sponsor involvement in the BCS. 

-Mark-
Thanks Mark. After our conversation I reached out to CASA and they are letting me use their 501c3 number.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
@Jed, I have a background in sponsorship sales and I've gotta say, my goodness you're killing it! Unfortunately I can't join the shootout, but it's going to be like Christmas for everyone. Keep up the great work!
Hold up, are you saying I can get paid for this???? :D Thanks Dungydog, hopefully you can make it in the future.

SD2OR

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2020
Jeeze man, after getting this many great sponsors,  you probably should be getting paid! Really looking forward to this year's event,  thanks so much for all your work!
A day without fishing probably wouldn't kill me,
but why risk it?

3rd Place AOTY 2023

3rd Place ORC 2023

1st Place Team Event BCS 2023
12th Place Individual BCS 2023

2nd Place AOTY 2022
1st Place Tiny Fish Slam 2022

2007 Red Hobie Outback "Serenity"
2021 Camo Hobie Outback "Lagertha"

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015
I am always amazed by the sponsorships you bring in.  I read the comment by Mark without thinking and just offered my advice.  Looking back on it it was most likely a sarcastic comment.

I am holding out that i can make it if you allow late sign ups.  Just not sure on my coverage for the 1 year old.
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC

siebler

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Jan 2013
Water levels charged up last 2 days making the arm more than just a river.  With it came the Perch and Catfish, good handfull caught for the 2 anglers weve seen at the park last 2 days.  Its gonna be good fishing by the BCS can just feel it.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
I am always amazed by the sponsorships you bring in.  I read the comment by Mark without thinking and just offered my advice.  Looking back on it it was most likely a sarcastic comment.

I am holding out that i can make it if you allow late sign ups.  Just not sure on my coverage for the 1 year old.
No, he was serious. I mentioned to him that most if not all of the larger gear companies will only consider donations to 501c3 (I am not) organizations so we went online and tried to figure it out but gave up. When I got home I talked to the charity that I donate to and they said I could use their number to get more/better donations. Late sign ups are no problem but you may not get a shirt.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Water levels charged up last 2 days making the arm more than just a river.  With it came the Perch and Catfish, good handfull caught for the 2 anglers weve seen at the park last 2 days.  Its gonna be good fishing by the BCS can just feel it.
Nice. Is there a link to the cam down there?

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Come and get it

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Please welcome HH Rods and Reels to the BCS.

HH Rods and Reels is one of the most popular crappie gear makers for professional crappie tournament anglers throughout the country. Their products are specifically designed for detecting and converting those light panfish bites in to paychecks and fish tacos. HH Rods and Reels are  readily available in the South and Eastern US and we hope to help them expand their reach here in the PNW.

Fishing for warm water species is gaining popularity here as salmon species continue to decline. Panfish are super fun to catch and are found in almost every local pond or lake. Exploring these waters and catching different species is a great way to get children interested in fishing and can be a relaxing way to spend an evening after work. Not to mention they are some of the tastiest critters with fins.

HH Rods and Reels offers gear for the serious slab chaser as well as entry level gear for those that are just out to have some fun.

Donation includes

2 6' Dock Shooter Series rods
 2 1000 KE Reels

Check out their online site at https://www.hhrodsandreels.com/

Thank you Frank Haidusek for hooking us up with some awesome gear.

Keep up to date on what's new in the Crappie fishing world on Frank's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FMOutdoors
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 07:01:56 AM by jed »

siebler

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Jan 2013