Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:43:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:11:23 AM]

by jed
[Today at 07:03:59 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:33 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 09:39:21 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Order is DONE!!!!News from Sports Show tonight  (Read 3081 times)

AK Yak Atak

• Herring
  • So....Let the break up begin!!!!!
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Ok so i spent a poop ton of money today. And all of it should be here by April 11th. Should have it all rigged by April 14th.

Ocean Kayak Prowler 13t
Mod Pod Upgrade
Lowrance Elite 4 DSI Fish Finder
Scotty power lock rod holders x2
Scotty drink holder....Dunno why
Ram Mount for FishFinder
Ram Mount for my Garmin Rino 655t
P Line Adros Pliers
another Boga Grip

And I believe thats it....Let me know if i may have missed something i may need. My plan is to put 2 pool noodles in the belly of the yak and a dry box for battery and extra wires. Got my crate out of my other yak and got some waterproof plano's for it as well. the Sports show does not have the best deals out there this year....I may grab a tiger stik jigging rod and new penn 320 but thats about it....Kinda depressing to see some of the crazy high prices ...Thought it was supposed to be a giant sale type show like in the past but literally none at all. The halibut charters are over 250per person with a 1 fish limit..... I saw that B and J's had thier prices marked up so that thier "sale" items looked like a good deal but it was just the normal price as if it was at the store. I went to buy a Fish Finder from the Humminbird booth and he said it was just for show and tell..... Still neat to see it all but i wouldnt plan on getting any good deals.
The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Nice!  Got a decent net? Most anglers here do.  Hate to say it but the lightweight stuff or wont cut it for kings and mid size halibut. Got a flag?

Sounds like you are ready to go!
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

AK Yak Atak

• Herring
Of course.....I am using the same one i have used for the past 2 years up here ....Works good but kinda big. I am just glad i got out of that other yak so quick. i had been using it for 4 years down in florida for big redfish and sharks, without scupper holes up here makes for a cold ass. I also still have my harpoon and gaff ....I usually only bring the harpoon for the straight halibut trips so most of the time i use my custom gaff my bro made out of old seeker tuna stick. I had to order another boga from last year since their is about a 40lb or so halibut swimming around with mine from last year...Which might i add their is a 12 pack reward for that fish.

rimfirematt

• Salmon
  • Hit Me up on Facebook!
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
Sweet! Where did you order your grips from? I need to get a set. Also who did you order the fishfinder from?

Are you going to get a VHF radio?

AK Yak Atak

• Herring
oh yea...i already had a yakattack visipole 2 with pro glow flag which is awesome btw

AK Yak Atak

• Herring
Sweet! Where did you order your grips from? I need to get a set. Also who did you order the fishfinder from?

I ordered the grips and fis finder from cabelas....had a coupon... and i may get a radio but i have the rino which goes out 12 miles

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
I had to order another boga from last year since their is about a 40lb or so halibut swimming around with mine from last year...Which might i add their is a 12 pack reward for that fish.

Wow. Thats twice as big as anything I hooked last year. That's my concern of using a hand gaff or grips on a large fish in kayak since you don't have the leverage. 40 is on the high side of something I would net I think. I'd probably harpoon sonething like to be safe.

Can't wait. Get to start prepping the yak this week. Finally got access to it. Long story but I'll be ready!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011

I ordered the grips and fis finder from cabelas....had a coupon... and i may get a radio but i have the rino which goes out 12 miles

Out on the water most people are using VHF.  Your Rino, great as it is for hunting/hiking/skiing, won't talk to most other people out there.  And that includes the Coast Guard.
2012 ORC 5th Place

akfishergal

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
It's disappointing to hear that the Sportsman's Show vendors aren't offering the deals this year as in the past. I've been holding off on some purchases just to see whether I could save some money buying items there. Instead, I'll just go to look and put my hands on some of the items -- but purchase elsewhere to make my recreational budget stretch farther. I prefer buying locally and think it's my bit for the Alaskan economy. But when we're taken advantage of for our distance from markets, I can't support that.

Meanwhile, YOU have made some dandy acquisitions there.  Plenty of time to rig up the new OK for an outstanding season on the water.  Good job!

dudemandude

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
Sweet congrats on the new kayak! My wife and I are planning on going out of homer this weekend! I hope I can find everything! haha Only a few more things to get! Good luck with the new kayak and we will see you around.

Noah

• Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
Ok so i spent a poop ton of money today. And all of it should be here by April 11th. Should have it all rigged by April 14th.

Ocean Kayak Prowler 13t
Mod Pod Upgrade
Lowrance Elite 4 DSI Fish Finder
Scotty power lock rod holders x2
Scotty drink holder....Dunno why
Ram Mount for FishFinder
Ram Mount for my Garmin Rino 655t
P Line Adros Pliers
another Boga Grip

And I believe thats it....Let me know if i may have missed something i may need. My plan is to put 2 pool noodles in the belly of the yak and a dry box for battery and extra wires. Got my crate out of my other yak and got some waterproof plano's for it as well. the Sports show does not have the best deals out there this year....I may grab a tiger stik jigging rod and new penn 320 but thats about it....Kinda depressing to see some of the crazy high prices ...Thought it was supposed to be a giant sale type show like in the past but literally none at all. The halibut charters are over 250per person with a 1 fish limit..... I saw that B and J's had thier prices marked up so that thier "sale" items looked like a good deal but it was just the normal price as if it was at the store. I went to buy a Fish Finder from the Humminbird booth and he said it was just for show and tell..... Still neat to see it all but i wouldnt plan on getting any good deals.
That's a nice list! I love my scotty drink holder, one because I like to have a drink holder, but two because it has a slot where you can hang jigs on the outer lip. So when I'm bottom fishing I'll hang 3-4 off it and it keeps me from having to reach around and get my main box each time. It also allows me to change colors or weights quickly and reduces the amount of time my line isn't in the water.

ConeHeadMuddler

• non-competitor
  • Sturgeon
  • Smells like low tide
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
Yes, lookin' good! Kudos for nearly singlehandedly keeping the economy alive!
ConeHeadMuddler

Airmanv

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
Matt,

Apr 14-15....put both Yaks together?

rimfirematt

• Salmon
  • Hit Me up on Facebook!
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
We should have a pre-alaskan get together! A Yak rigging party!

akfishergal

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
All I'm going to say is this: We keep a keg from Midnight Sun in our basement at all times. Current tap: Kodiak Brown.  Hubs brews, so he has a pale ale ripening for the next tap.