Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:25:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 22, 2024, 10:14:53 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 08:59:01 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 08:37:24 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: PC Saturday 5/21?  (Read 1211 times)

BigFishy

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Nov 2020
I am itching to go to PC tomorrow but forecast looks less than ideal :-\ 4ft waves at 8 sec period and wind at around 5-6mph. Had anyone fished in similar conditions and how was the experience? I realize it might be a bit bumpy and would be ok to sacrifice comfort for a day on a water. Don't really think it's a big no-no but willing to listen to more experienced members. If this doesn't materialize I will hit local rivers for some springers.
2021 Hobie Outback

• Date Registered: Feb 2009
Personally, if there were other people out there on Saturday, I'd probably hit it. Sunday looks more doable to me and I'd probably be out there with you if I wasn't neck-deep in tests to score.

Fred "True" Trujillo
"This above all: to thine own self, be true, and it must follow, as the day the night, thou canst not then be false to any man."

Dungydog

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Nov 2017
A primary of 4 at 8 is at the edge of my comfort zone.
Minimal secondary, low wind, and sunshine - there will probably be people out there.
Sunday looks very good at this point. If the forecast holds, I will be there Sunday.
-Craig

2018 Hobie Outback 12
2017 Native Propel 10

BigFishy

• Rockfish
A primary of 4 at 8 is at the edge of my comfort zone.
Minimal secondary, low wind, and sunshine - there will probably be people out there.
Sunday looks very good at this point. If the forecast holds, I will be there Sunday.

I had the same thought process about edge of comfort zone. I would be with a buddy who is on the same level of experience as myself and we've been caught is some troublesome wave pattern before. Definitely would not take my other friend who is a beginner in a paddle kayak. Alas, due to the family issues my chances of getting out tomorrow are very slim :-(
2021 Hobie Outback

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Personally, if there were other people out there on Saturday, I'd probably hit it. Sunday looks more doable to me and I'd probably be out there with you if I wasn't neck-deep in tests to score.

Fred "True" Trujillo
Just give them all a “D” and go fishing 😂 😝 Tyats still a passing grade right?!

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

BigFishy

• Rockfish
Ended up getting out on Saturday. Talked to few fellow kayakers on the beach before launching who were planning to hang around the rock. The launch was non eventful and my buddy and I headed northwest towards the productive spot that I discovered and marked last time. The waves were bigger then I would have liked but tolerable. No wind and clear skies. I thought, if the day goes like this, it's going to be great. On the way to the spot I saw huge schools of suspended rockfish and couldn't resist the temptation; started fishing and on the descent got doubles. As I was reeling them in I saw other fish chase my bait, they were literally two feet down. I lowered my tackle about 2 feet and watched them attack the hooks again. Missed two hitchhiker lings that didn't stick around while I was getting my net ready. Eventually I got annoyed with rockfish (catch and release) and proceeded to the "spot" Changed my jig to 7oz, 9 inch Lancer waterdog and immediately hooked into something. It didn't fight much but ended up being a nice 32 inch lingcod. Shorty after pulled another 29incher and noticed the wind picking up. My buddy was generously chumming the fish at this point with his previously ingested breakfast so we decided to call it a day. At this point (around 11) the wind was howling and waves were what I expected them to be before heading out; not very comfortable. We've been caught in 6-7ft waves before so this was tolerable but definitely not pleasant. Getting closer to the shore I noticed a bunch of surfers. This is not good I thought. Waited around to see what's the best way to land. Ended up landing very close to the rocks and was pretty much surfing with a nose down precisely controlling the surf with a rudder. Jumped off in the water waist deep disappointing the public on the beach which probably anticipated some entertainment. Overall it was a good day with limits of fish but I would have to be pretty desperate to get out in similar conditions next time.
2021 Hobie Outback

anything