Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:11:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:45:55 AM]

[April 26, 2024, 02:11:19 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Brownlee Crappie Shootout 9 donations  (Read 2548 times)

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
ICEMULE is once again joining the Brownlee Crappie Shootout sponsor list with a great donation. They have been supporting the Shootout for many years and continue to produce quality products. I am still using one of their Catch Coolers from years ago.

The donation consists of:

1 ICEMULE Pro Large 23L

This is the unbeatable Pro™ Large 23L—a lightweight cooler that packs a serious punch when it comes to hauling icy beverages! It fits up to 24 cans plus ice, perfect for a day on the boat or pre-game tailgate. There's no soft cooler out there with easier loading, toting and unloading.

1 ICEMULE 32oz Sports Bottle

-Up to 24 hours of cold
-Pro Grade Stainless Steel
-Vacuum Insulated
-Built in Straw on top
-Non-Slip Silicone Bottom
-its Standard Cup Holders
-BPA Free

If you want to take along cold drinks or have stuff you need to keep cool on a long hike or trip, please visit ICEMULE at https://icemulecoolers.com/?view=sl-A7E050F6

Thank you Anne for the cool donation.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 07:37:38 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Crappie Magnet is a fantastic lure to target multiple species that fits perfectly with the Brownlee Crappie Shootout format.

These lures have the profile and action that will trigger fish of all sizes to strike. This would be a great lure to have tied on for game day. They are made from quality plastics and the chiseled jig heads give them an erratic action that will get some attention.

Crappie Magnet really came through with a great assortment of gear for some lucky winners this year.

Donation includes:

2 Tackle Packs

2 Fin Commander Kits

2 Best of the Best Kits

2 Panfish Magnet Kits

2 Trout Magnet TNT Kits

2 Fin Spin Jig Head Kits

Plus 2 pretty sweet looking hats!

Pick up some of these very productive lures at your local sporting goods shops or online directly from their shop at https://troutmagnet.com/

Thank you Trout Magnet and Crappie Magnet for the awesome donation.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 07:37:07 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
SKWOOSH has your back again this year.

I have a few of these cushions and use them constantly whenever we attend a game or event. They can be folded and are compact enough to be stored and carried almost anywhere and have enough padding to really take the strain off your lower back. We have found that they are perfect for keeping your butt dry on wet bleachers as well and of course they are a must for a long day on the water.

SKWOOSH sent a Fishing Chair Seat Cushion for the Brownlee Crappie Shootout prize table this year.

You can add some comfort to your trips by visiting them online at https://skwoosh.com/

Thank you Kendra for the great donation.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 07:36:27 AM by jed »

SD2OR

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2020
Won a Skwoosh at a previous BCS, been using it every day on the water ever since. Definitely extends the time I can comfortably sit!
A day without fishing probably wouldn't kill me,
but why risk it?

3rd Place AOTY 2023

3rd Place ORC 2023

1st Place Team Event BCS 2023
12th Place Individual BCS 2023

2nd Place AOTY 2022
1st Place Tiny Fish Slam 2022

2007 Red Hobie Outback "Serenity"
2021 Camo Hobie Outback "Lagertha"

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
PRO-CURE Bait Scents is a long time supporter of the Brownlee Crappie Shootout and have sent some of their great products to the prize table again for 2024.

I have a few different flavors on hand whenever I am out fishing. Even a scent that has no business working for a certain species may be the key to getting stubborn fish to bite.

Has a Crappie ever encountered a Bloody Tuna? Anise? Garlic? No but that sounds like a great sammich so you know it wants a taste.

It may not add up in your head but fish math is different and it is better not to ask questions. Just douse that lure and keep reeling them in.

Find PRO-CURE Bait Scent products at your local shops or find their VAST amount of flavors at their online site at https://www.pro-cure.com/

Thank you PRO-CURE for smelling up the place... in a good way.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 07:32:41 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Big Hammer sent the Brownlee Crappie Shootout a box of goodies.

Their paddle tail swim baits are made from super soft and durable materials that have fantastic action. That tail thump works on most species from lakes to monsters in the ocean. I use a few different styles of their lures depending on the species I am after and method using.

I actually first started using their hammers to catch bass in Hawaiian reservoirs. My favorite way to use them was weightless over structure and along shorelines. The blow ups were just awesome. Got a few Peacock Bass and bunch of large Tilapia on them as well.

No matter where you are fishing Big Hammer Lures has a lure for the situation.

The donation consists of 1 Box (12) each or the following

2" Swimbaits
3" Swimbaits
Curly Tail Grub Lures
4" Salt Shaker Worms
1/4 oz White Hammer Head Jig Heads

Find their full line of lures at https://www.swimbait.com/

We really appreciate the continued support Pete. Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 07:46:16 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Werner Paddles has send the Brownlee Crappie Shootout 9 a little prize pack for the 2024 event.

Werner is one of the best paddle makers on the market and the paddle that I rely on for personal use. If you have a pedal drive kayak you might think that a quality paddle is an unnecessary piece of equipment but you would be wrong.

Anglers that utilize pedal drive systems typically do not have training or experience on how to correctly use a paddle and the learning curve in the middle of an emergency situation is steep.

Werner Paddles are built rock solid and will overcome bad technique and panicked form to give you a better chance at making it back to your truck if something goes wrong with your drive. I have seen a few Hobie paddles break in half while being used in these situations.

Their donation is little scaled back this year but we appreciate the support and great products they put out.

Up for grabs are 2 Werner shirts and a sweet Werner camo hat along with a few stickers.

Find the Werner Paddle that fits you at https://wernerpaddles.com/ or drop by the factory in Monroe to see how they are made.

Thanks for the cool gear Taylor!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 07:34:02 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Yak Power is another returning sponsor that puts out some serious gear.

Kayak anglers are always upgrading and modifying their kayaks to suit their personal needs. Yak Power has everything you will need to outfit your ride with lights and electronics of all types.

They offer Complete Systems in various configurations to make installation a breeze. They also have components to build a totally customized setup as well as light kits that will get you noticed on the water.

The donation consists of one Yak Power Serious Complete System

Complete plug-and-play wiring solution for adding and controlling 12-volt electronics on your kayak  Patented Power Panel electronic control system  Includes: (1) YP-RP5R Power Panel Switching System, (1) YP-PMC48S Power Port with 4ft. wire – Mid-ship, (2) YP-PMC96S Power Port with 8ft. wire – Bow, Stern, (1) YP-BTP12 Battery Pigtail – 12”, (3) YP-SAE4 Power Plug accessory connectors

and one of their New Wireless Mobile Phone Chargers. This thing looks pretty neat!

One hand operation with push button auto-lock and quick release
Adjustable gooseneck arm with quick release action mount
Yak Power plug-and-play SAE connector
15W wireless fast charger
USB C fast charging output port (20W max) for a second device.
Ball mount with 360 degree rotation
Surface mount and t-slot mounting options
Waterproof power switch with indicator light
IP66 waterproof rating
Compatible with 4.0 to 6.9 inch phones

Find the power rigging solution to your next project at https://yak-power.com/
[/color]

Thank you for the support and fantastic donation Yak Power team.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 07:34:20 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Bioenno Power sent s huge prize pack to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout 9.

Bioenno Power had always been one of our most generous donors and this year is no exception. Their batteries are very high quality and every angler that I have talked to that has used them is impressed with the battery.

There are many new companies that are popping up in the battery world to try and capture a piece of the outdoor life market. Batteries are evolving to accommodate kayak anglers needs for reliable power for lights, electronics, and more recently electric motors. Van and car/truck camping also relies on powerful batteries that can withstand many charge cycles and still perform under adverse conditions.

Bioenno Power batteries are the perfect choice for these and many other applications. They even have a line of solar products and accessories to accompany their batteries.

The donation is three (3) of their 12V 30Ah  Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries with hardware and chargers.

These are definitely top prizes

BLF-1230LB Battery Specifications
Voltage: 12V
Capacity: 30Ah
Case Type: ABS Sealed
Charge Connector:  Screw Terminal
Discharge Connector: Screw Terminal
Maximum Continuous Discharge Current: 30A (make sure your electrical load consumes less than 30A)
Maximum Peak Discharge Current: 60A (5 sec)
Maximum Power Delivered to Load at 12V: 360 Watts (12V x 30A = 360 Watts)
Dimensions: 7.0 in. x 7.0 in. x 5.0 in. (178 mm x 178 mm x 127 mm)
Weight: 8.8 lbs.

Compatible AC-to-DC Charger Specifications
Input Voltage: 120VAC/220 VAC
Output Voltage: 14.6VDC
Current: 6A
Connector:  Alligator Clips

Visit their site for more great products and ideas at www.bioennopower.com/

Thank you for the continued support Kevin!

PNW

• Teutrowenia pellucida (Googly-eyed glass squid)
  • Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Wow! Nice!
Thanks Paul, you are gathering quite a pile of gear yourself!

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
DMF Bait is sending the Brownlee Crappie Shootout a huge pile of Night Crawlers again. I originally sent them a proposal on a whim thinking there is no way they would send me anything live for the event but they were super helpful and was stoked to have their worms at the Shootout.

This donation created a feeding frenzy on land at last years event. Participants swooped in and made short work of the 500 worms that DMF sent.

DMF Bait offers many other baits besides just night crawlers. They also have Big Red Worms that are perfect for Yellow Perch. Green, Wax Meal, Blood and Butter?, and even Garlic Nightcrawlers for a quick stir fry.

Trout, sunfish and other species will go for their crickets and spikes.

For Catfish points they have chicken livers, hearts, and squid bait.

DMF Baits can be found almost everywhere that fishing tackle and baits are sold and maybe even in the gas station on the way to the lake. Be sure to pick some up on the way to the Shootout this year and if you are feeling adventurous, check out their site at https://dmfbait.com/ to learn more about their products, what species they are recommended for, and where to find them.

Thank you 500x's Cristina for giving everyone worms! lol
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 06:31:46 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Team Crappie has joined the Brownlee Crappie Shootout donor list again.

Team Crappie is a part of the TTI Blakemore company that also makes the famous Road Runner lures so you know they will put out some great gear. Team Crappie specializes in creating lures that focus on Crappie and other panfish for every situation.

They are located down South in the heart of some of the best Crappie fishing in the Nation and work to keep their lures updated and catching slabs with the input from professional Crappie anglers.

Their underspin lures are fantastic for attracting fish in clear to muddy water and their hair jigs are used for a more subtle approach.

I am excited to try some hair jigs this Spring and Summer and have had great success using some of their other gear on Brownlee already.

The donation consists of an assortment of their lures that are sure to catch fish. Find their full inventory at or at most local tackle shops or online here https://ttiblakemore.com/

Thank you for the great donation Ron.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Hagen's Fishing Components has sent a sizable donation to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout this year.

The size is 30" to be exact.

The HAWG Trough one of the most widely used measuring devices for kayak fishing. This design is standard throughout the industry as it creates the best situation for measuring fish in the safest way to insure your catch can be released with minimal stress.

Up for grabs will be 2 of their HAWG Troughs in the neon yellow color.

Hagen's is a wholesale tackle supply company and offer a huge amount of fishing components to build your own lures as well as a mind boggling amount of other fishing gear and accessories.

Check out their site at https://www.hagensfish.com/

Thank you Tammy for the great donation.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Please welcome Core Tackle as a new sponsor this year to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout.

This company is credited for introducing the tackle market to the Hover Rig. I think this rig will work very well at Brownlee for Crappie and Bass when they are suspended or you want to slow your presentation down.

Innovations in gear can really make a big difference in triggering strikes and putting fish in the kayak. I cannot wait to try this technique in the pursuit of giant crappie.

"Created by pro angler, Matt Stefan, and Jonny Schultz from Fish the Moment, Core Tackle announced the launch of their first innovation in bass fishing lures, the Hover Rig, in early 2023. Matt and Jonny look for practical and effective improvements to existing fishing techniques to make angler’s lives easier and help them catch more fish. They strive to maintain a standard of innovation and attention to detail with each new product they design. More importantly, each product is tested extensively on bodies of water across the country to ensure they catch fish under a variety of conditions."

The donation consists of an assortment of Core Tackle gear that give a great idea of what they offer covering several styles of fishing.

Find all of their gear and learn more about the Hover Rig at https://coretackle.com/

I am going to order some of their 1/32oz jigs for sure. I am wondering what the action will be like when slow trolled for Crappie.

Thank you Matt and Jonny for the awesome donation!