Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:35:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 19, 2024, 09:27:54 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 08:37:24 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: NWKA Is Mostly Back  (Read 6720 times)

JasonM

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
I shouldn't have to change the forum SMTP settings, as they did not change.  Checking with the hosting admin if the new server needs to be configured to enable SMTP, or something else ...

-Allen

Thanks for all you do to have this great resource for all of us to use. I know how much of a headache it can be to run a forum, especially when things fail unexpectedly, and if the job is done well most users don't even know how much effort it takes. I hope you never have to buy your own food or drinks at any meetups. If I'm ever at one that you also attend, let me know and I'll buy you a round for sure. Same goes for any other forum admins here.

:occasion14:

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
I shouldn't have to change the forum SMTP settings, as they did not change.  Checking with the hosting admin if the new server needs to be configured to enable SMTP, or something else ...

-Allen

Thanks for all you do to have this great resource for all of us to use. I know how much of a headache it can be to run a forum, especially when things fail unexpectedly, and if the job is done well most users don't even know how much effort it takes. I hope you never have to buy your own food or drinks at any meetups. If I'm ever at one that you also attend, let me know and I'll buy you a round for sure. Same goes for any other forum admins here.

Looks to be working now.  All I did was re-enter the password.  Not sure why that would cause an issue, because I hadn't changed the password, and it was working before the move.

-Allen

Dark Tuna

• Lingcod
  • "Dark Tuna?"
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014

-Allen

Looks to be working now.  All I did was re-enter the password.  Not sure why that would cause an issue, because I hadn't changed the password, and it was working before the move.

-Allen
Probably had a certificate change under the covers, and needed a revalidation.

Oh, I know nothing about computers.

2015 Jackson Big Tuna (tandem) (dark forest)
2016 Hobie Outback LE (screamin' orange)
2014 KC Kayaks K12 (the better half's, in camo)
2015 Jackson Kraken 13.5 (bluefin)

Raymarine Dragonfly; BB Angler Aces; Kokatat Hydrus 3L SuperNova Angler Dry Suit; Stohlquist Fisherman PFD

dampainter

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
last sunday or monday i posted  "depoe bay 8/3/17-8/5/17 pic/report" , it was there with pic on lets talk kayak fishing forum next day it was gone. any idea`s what happened to it?

have tried emailing nwka admin but keep getting a delivery failure notice.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 06:07:30 PM by dampainter »

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
"Mostly" was the key word in "NWKA Is Mostly Back".  A couple posts I made Sunday just before the server crashed are gone, too.

Not just my first place prize-winning AOTY photos...   ;D
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Thanks for busting your hump, Allen. I got worried when I started getting a redirect to what I think is a vpn service called kayak fishing frontiers
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
last sunday or monday i posted  "depoe bay 8/3/17-8/5/17 pic/report" , it was there with pic on lets talk kayak fishing forum next day it was gone. any idea`s what happened to it?

It was lost in the shuffle and never to be recovered.  You've been screwed over man! 
You need to sue for your NWKA membership dues back.

;D 

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon

I don't think you could have posted on Sunday or Monday as the server was still down.  Regardless, I am not sure what might have happened.

Also, can you give me more details on the "delivery failure notice"?  Is this just straight email and not via the site?  Plain email shouldn't be affected by the server move, as mail is hosted elsewhere.

-Allen

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Allen, I forgot my password on NCKA and asked for it emailed twice once with the username and once with my email associated to the account, I still gavent received an email and I got a pm from Jake that wasn't emailed out. As a note TLW reminded me of the password to NCKA so I'm good there just not receiving emails. I also emailed the main admin email when it went down with no response. I can pm you my email if needed.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon

-Allen

-Allen

Mail looks to NOT be working again.  Investigating ...

-Allen

JasonM

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
Looks like you fixed it. I just got 22 emails from this forum, so whatever queue the outgoing emails were sitting in is emptying itself. :)

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Looks like you fixed it. I just got 22 emails from this forum, so whatever queue the outgoing emails were sitting in is emptying itself. :)

Yup.  Problem solved.

-Allen

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014

Yup.  Problem solved.

-Allen
You da man Allen... you da man :notworthy:

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

RoxnDox

• Salmon
  • Native Propel
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013
Still a few migration issues, I don't envy anyone moving to new servers...

I have been getting a number of error messages about "resources exceeded" the last couple of days.  I don't recall the exact wording.  Not sure if it was from Apache if y'all are using that, or from elsewhere in your server stack.

Jim
Junk Jigs "BEST USE OF ACTUAL JUNK" category - "That tape should have been a prized possession and not junk. That will be a collectors item in 30 years!” & “There sure is a lot of junk in there.”

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Yeah, it's a 508 error code.
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

anything