Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 09:49:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:49:03 AM]

[Today at 09:04:10 AM]

[May 30, 2024, 09:48:30 AM]

[May 30, 2024, 09:40:29 AM]

[May 29, 2024, 02:46:19 PM]

[May 29, 2024, 01:49:12 PM]

[May 29, 2024, 11:59:33 AM]

[May 29, 2024, 11:42:05 AM]

[May 29, 2024, 11:40:13 AM]

by Spot
[May 29, 2024, 11:32:10 AM]

[May 28, 2024, 07:37:19 AM]

[May 28, 2024, 06:19:06 AM]

[May 27, 2024, 09:56:01 PM]

by PNW
[May 27, 2024, 03:12:21 PM]

[May 27, 2024, 07:56:46 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Scotty compact threaded mount, and extender.  (Read 4883 times)

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
I got around to installing a set of Scotty compact threaded mounts, and an extender to my T13.  This allowed my pole to be up above my sonar screen, yet within reasonable reach.

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

PNW

• Teutrowenia pellucida (Googly-eyed glass squid)
  • Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008
I'm gonna hafta get one a these

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Great set up Insayn. Thanks for the pics!

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

SwiftDraw

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
I got around to installing a set of Scotty compact threaded mounts, and an extender to my T13.  This allowed my pole to be up above my sonar screen, yet within reasonable reach.

Hey INSAYN

What type of mount did you use for your Cuda 250 and can you angle the sonar down and close the sonar shield when not in use?

Chuck

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
I just bolted the base to the back wall of the sonar shield area, and backed it with some 1/4" UHMW plastic.  As for folding the Cuda down,...yes.  I layed a few layers of foil down on the floor of the sonar area, and slowly heated it with a torch enough to make it kinda soft.  Then layed a heavy object on the foil to push down a little and then cooled the plastic with compressed air.  The bottom of the Cuda would and still kinda contacts the kayak as it swings down.  But when it is folded all the way down it doesn't touch anything.  Works great!   

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

SwiftDraw

• Lingcod
I just bolted the base to the back wall of the sonar shield area, and backed it with some 1/4" UHMW plastic.  As for folding the Cuda down,...yes.  I layed a few layers of foil down on the floor of the sonar area, and slowly heated it with a torch enough to make it kinda soft.  Then layed a heavy object on the foil to push down a little and then cooled the plastic with compressed air.  The bottom of the Cuda would and still kinda contacts the kayak as it swings down.  But when it is folded all the way down it doesn't touch anything.  Works great!   

What is UHMW plastic? Where can I get some? Was this plastic used to extend the Mount/Sonar slightly forward?

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon

What is UHMW plastic? Where can I get some? Was this plastic used to extend the Mount/Sonar slightly forward?

UHMW is Ultra High Molecular Weight plastic.  Basically cutting board material. 

The mount I used was the one that came with the Cuda.  There is plenty of room in the Sonar Shield area with it folded down, while hanging from the back wall of the shield area. 

demonick

• Sturgeon
  • Domenick Venezia, Author
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009

Buy the cheapest plastic cutting board you can find in the color of your choice.  I used white.  It is commonly used as backing material for mounts through the thin plastic of the boat.  The link shows an example of how backing is used.

http://www.demonick.com/kayak/anchor.trolley/anchor.trolley.html
demonick
Author, Linc Malloy Legacies -- Action/Adventure/Thrillers
2021 Chanticleer Finalist - Global Thriller Series & High Stakes Fiction
Rip City Legacy, Book 6 latest release!
DomenickVenezia.com

SwiftDraw

• Lingcod

Buy the cheapest plastic cutting board you can find in the color of your choice.  I used white.  It is commonly used as backing material for mounts through the thin plastic of the boat.  The link shows an example of how backing is used.

http://www.demonick.com/kayak/anchor.trolley/anchor.trolley.html

Thanks Demonick

Chuck

anything