Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:53:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[May 08, 2024, 09:08:31 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:34:53 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 09:39:21 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 06:58:56 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 11:31:01 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Installing Relief Valves  (Read 7031 times)

• Don't ask me how I know!
  • Date Registered: Nov 2006
Seems I wrote somewhere that you should be wary any time I say something like "I wonder if,,,,"

RUN!

Divers have been installing these things as a matter of course for a while in dry suits and it seems pretty simple. They also have a lot more at stake being immersed at depth.  Well why not us?  It requires some disposables (a prophylactic with glue on the inside) and our adaptation would need a removable extension hose to go through a scupper (drive well, etc) or over the side so that you don't sit in a stinky puddle. But it seems pretty straight forward.

Anybody see any holes in my argument before I ruin a perfectly good dry suit and waders? (other than voiding the warranty on the waders/ drysuit)

http://www.dykarna.nu/photoAlbum/album.asp?userId=1&albumId=8175

http://www.dui-online.com/tech_p_valves.htm
"For when sleeping I dream of big fish and strong fights"

Pelagic

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
you lost me at "prophylactic with glue on the inside".

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Hey Walli,  why don't you just install a catheter?  :o  Less potential for mess that way.

Alternately, astronaut diapers.  Lol!!!   :-X
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

amb

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Hey Walli - You first...

Yarjammer

• Salmon
  • Captain of the Titanic
  • Date Registered: May 2008
You might be better off w/ "Depends"... at least you won't void your warranties.  

PM sent.

You might be better off w/ "Depends"...
PM sent.

No.

(don't ask)

Once again," give me the helmet,,,,,,"

Hey Walli,  why don't you just install a catheter?  :o 
Actually, I planned to use is an external catheter. Its what the divers do but they lead it to the valve and then out. I like the idea of "out" and figured a removable tube after the valve would do it.The business end is pretty much exactly as described with slightly heavier material.  I found them at a medical supply house and found out that a lot of sea kayakers use them with in the normal configuration with the bag.  I think they make a reusable one that attaches with spirit gum but the expendable ones are pretty cheap <$3. I think I'll try it with those until I decide that I'm not going to have to patch this hole I'm about to punch in my waders.

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Wali, if you're trying to get a new nickname you're doing a good job of it. :D

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
Once again," give me the helmet,,,,,,"

Actually, I planned to use is an external catheter. Its what the divers do but they lead it to the valve and then out. I like the idea of "out" and figured a removable tube after the valve would do it.The business end is pretty much exactly as described with slightly heavier material.  I found them at a medical supply house and found out that a lot of sea kayakers use them with in the normal configuration with the bag.  I think they make a reusable one that attaches with spirit gum but the expendable ones are pretty cheap <$3. I think I'll try it with those until I decide that I'm not going to have to patch this hole I'm about to punch in my waders.

:laughing7: :laughing8: :laughing9: :laughing6:  Don't forget to take pictures and post a "How-To" on the main page!   :laughing7: :laughing8: :laughing9: :laughing6:
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

Cutthroat Chris

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Chris

amb

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Shouldn't the "How To" article come from the official NWKA product review man?

Cutthroat Chris

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Here's another one that's actually for dry suits. It's for the diving kind but I don't see why it wouldn't work with waders or a kayaking dry suit. Looks like they have to be pro installed. Scroll down until you see the heading "Drysuit Discharge Valves" or go edit-find-type in discharge.  :laugh:

http://www.halcyondive.com.au/accessories.htm
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 04:27:38 PM by SargeSlaughter »
Chris

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
Shouldn't the "How To" article come from the official NWKA product review man?

Brian!  It's your turn. 

Sponsors and Supporters:

Tournament Results:

steelheadr

• Participant in life...not spectator
  • Sturgeon
  • Pay no attention to the man in the hat.
  • Peterberger Adventures

:laughing7: :laughing8: :laughing9: :laughing6:  Don't forget to take pictures and post a "How-To" on the main page!   :laughing7: :laughing8: :laughing9: :laughing6:

Please....no!
"Fast enough to get there...but slow enough to see. Not known for predictability"  Thanks to Jimmy Buffet for describing my life...again

Please....no!

Ahhh, Jay, per our last conversation, seems like this would be of particular interest to you. :laughing7:

(the How-to, not the pictures)