Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 06:04:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:52:48 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 11:21:53 AM]

by jed
[April 29, 2024, 05:39:20 PM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Homer on the 20-21?  (Read 3542 times)

Akfishin

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Mar 2012
Lol!!!

I do feel bad for my AI but it'll get all the exercise it needs in the spring

2012 Dune Adventure Island

rimfirematt

• Salmon
  • Hit Me up on Facebook!
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
Who's still in? I'm going. Not looking forward to the drive or the liquid gold that will be burned but I'm already watching fishing videos non stop! Gonna be a long winter

Akfishin

• Lingcod
Hey Matt, or anyone else for that matter, if u wanna take the AI for a test drive in the spring,I'd wager that could be arranged...

Dan

akfishergal

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
After a day of fetching nails and carrying lumber, I took a break to check the Homer marine forecast.  The forecast is for winds at 15 knots. Darn it. That violates one of the "driveway rules" -- those arbitrary conditions we set at the start of the season to help assure that I was making good decisions even when fishing fever was upon me.  One of them is: when the forecast winds are 15 knots or above, I don't take the kayak out the driveway. 

Long way to say... I'm out, Matt.  I hope that by the time you get to Homer tomorrow, the winds are light and the seas are calm and the bite is on. 

As you can tell, the lure of oysters was ... insufficient. I'll watch for the report between trips up and down the ladder, fetching and carrying.

rimfirematt

• Salmon
  • Hit Me up on Facebook!
That's okay. I understand. As I was loading the kayak and gear I was getting bit by the wind. Crazy crossed my mind. But I'm seriously afflicted with the fish flu. K84 thinks he's coming still.

Luckily my truck was almost full of gas so I didn't have to see that shock right off the bat!

Swung by b&j's. They have those triangle flashers for 1/2 off.

Akfishn that sounds awesome! I'm already working it out how to purchase an AI so no one be surprised if I have one here by march! Kinda surprised D-Rock ain't sent me a message about one on sale yet....

Akfishin

• Lingcod
Make sure u get a trailer for it Matt!!!

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Who's still in? I'm going. Not looking forward to the drive or the liquid gold that will be burned but I'm already watching fishing videos non stop! Gonna be a long winter

Alaka's long winters is one of the main reasons I left.Alaska is totally awesome for about 4 months.........but I got really tired of so much white and solid water for the majority of the year.I'll take the PNW's rain anyday.

Life is short---live it tall.

Be kinder than necessary--- everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.
She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend.
She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent

akfishergal

• Salmon
Completely understandable, Mark. This winter is #28 for us. If I didn't embrace the XC skiing, I probably would be dreading its arrival. I divide the year in two: November 1 to May 1 is for skiing, and May 1 to November 1 is for fishing.  I'd rather fish than ski, by far. But the miles I log on skis, whether exploring frozen streams in the back country, careening down Alyeska slopes or feeling the burn on groomed trails in town, all manage to keep me fit enough to wander far afield in search of great fishing. 

Now I'm regretting those driveway rules, since the Homer forecast is at 10 knot winds and 2 ft seas and those are very comfortably within my margins.  Wall to wall sunshine over Southcentral, and a brisk 26 degrees.  Looking forward to the reports from Matt and Rudy.  Unlike both of them, I didn't get my king this year. 

rimfirematt

• Salmon
  • Hit Me up on Facebook!
Ugh don't get me started on the winter!

Well it was pretty breezy on the water and white capping some. Not the greatest fishing weather but doable. Saw lots of bait balls, trolled my hardest, fished the bottom too a little but I got zip. A power boat came buy and they hooked one. They made several more passes though an nothing.

It was a cool drive down with the meteor  shower, my new lowrance elite 4 with the navionics chip was awesome and I finally used my down rigger which also worked pretty well.

My feet got cold and that was it. I had on a couple layers but I definitely wasn't marshmallowed out. It was about mid 30's out when I got off the water and probably 15 knot winds

akfishergal

• Salmon
Well, at least I can comfort myself that I probably wouldn't have gotten my King today if only I'd gone... But sorry to hear that you didn't get another out there today.  High marksgo to you for getting out at all. 

Oh go on -- get started on winter. It's the first step to planning a vacation to warmer waters...