Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:45:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[Today at 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Poll

Which Saturday would you prefer the ORC in 2016?

June 25
4 (9.3%)
July 9
28 (65.1%)
Jul 16
11 (25.6%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: October 31, 2015, 12:38:41 PM

Topic: 2016 ORC Date Poll  (Read 6976 times)

• Date Registered: Jan 2015
As planning begins several dates open themselves as the option for 2016's Oregon Rockfish Classic.  So that we can get the ball rolling and started we would like to offer a poll to participants on their choice of dates for the event.  While we know that not everybody will agree, hopefully this will give an idea of what works best for a majority of folks.

We will run the Poll through the end of this month and make a decision on date based on the poll, the City of Depoe Bay, and any other effected organizations.

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
I'd sure like to attend my first ORC event, but often have a difficult time registering for an event (as a beginner) when I don't know what the weather conditions will be.  Usually, July is a month of blowing wind.  How about tides or species seasons -- what impact would either of those factors have on date selection?  I'd like to see a date in early June for consideration.

Noah

• Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Cabezon doesn't generally open until 7-1. Tides won't effect the conditions. There is always a chance that the conditions won't allow for Ocean fishing, which is why there is always a backup plan. Most people sign up prior to seeing the forecast as ORC is as much about meeting your ORC brothers and sisters as much as fishing. Well, almost ;)

Thanks Next Adventure for getting this going early!

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
I'd sure like to attend my first ORC event, but often have a difficult time registering for an event (as a beginner) when I don't know what the weather conditions will be.  Usually, July is a month of blowing wind.  How about tides or species seasons -- what impact would either of those factors have on date selection?  I'd like to see a date in early June for consideration.

Barb, all you have to do is ask and any of the OG yak fishers would probably partner up with you for the day.
Heck, I've taken several newbies out at ORCs (and brought them back alive).  I've even taken a sponsor who'd never been in a kayak before.

-Mark-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
I have participated in three of the ORC events, just never as a kayaker.....perhaps 2016 will be my time.  Looking forward to the events regardless!  Thanks for the explanation behind the July dates.

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen
  • Date Registered: May 2011
I have participated in three of the ORC events, just never as a kayaker.....perhaps 2016 will be my time.  Looking forward to the events regardless!  Thanks for the explanation behind the July dates.

Barb.......I would be happy to go out with you at the next ORC if you don't mind fishing with an old fart.
You need to get out there and have some fun doing it. Hell.. you'll probably pull up a 30 lbs ling and beat us all.
Life is short---live it tall.

Be kinder than necessary--- everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.
She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend.
She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent

upnorthtex

• Lingcod
  • Outback/ texas power paddle
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
Mark, Barb has fished whith a fella a lot oldern you. But look out as I have no doubt she'll catch big fish. Barb I really enjoyed my one trip to ORC. Art

j-fek

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
here fishy fishy fishy!!!

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
While June 25 would be a nice day to fish, since it's the day after my birthday, I'd like to keep cabezon in the running for the winning fish, which means a July date.  I voted for the 9th, but call that just a slight preference over the 16th.

If Barb goes out, I'm following her and hoping some of that beginners luck spreads a bit.  :D
2012 ORC 5th Place

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
If Barb goes out, I'm following her and hoping some of that beginners luck spreads a bit.  :D
   ;D I'm counting on that beginner's luck, and it has been known to be contagious in my company!
Pretty Excited for next year already.

Justin

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Either July date works for me.  I just want cabezon to be retainable.
aka - JoeSnuffy

Stand UP! Stand Up and Shout!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/OutdoorsJustin?feature=mhee

dampainter

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
its gonna have to be the 9th as i have booked the cabin for that weekend and the next just in case. ;D

seahawken7

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Apr 2014

Fishcat

• Don't mind me... just fishing through...
  • Herring
  • A cat does not live by bread alone 🐟
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
Hey, might be better to post this in another thread, but I can't find it!
I am looking for the ORC Official Rules (to get up to speed, want to come join in this year!)
Shoot me a link someone?

Oh... 9th...
2016 Hobie TI Hibiscus

TP

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
Hey, might be better to post this in another thread, but I can't find it!
I am looking for the ORC Official Rules (to get up to speed, want to come join in this year!)
Shoot me a link someone?

Oh... 9th...

Do a search for the previous years ORC pages and you'll find a lot of info. The rules have more or less been copied and pasted from one year to the next, and I think we'll be trying to gain clarification and a little more standardization for this year(based on feedback and issues from previous years). Stay tuned as we get closer for 2016 rules.