Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 10:49:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:58:38 AM]

by jed
[May 09, 2024, 09:27:35 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:33 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 09:39:21 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 11:31:01 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: DAMHIK Keys!  (Read 6724 times)

Fishesfromtupperware

• Sturgeon
  • Don't ask me how I know!
  • Date Registered: Nov 2006
Now SUNDAY...... i had the i wish i would of passed on fishing days..  Met up with Roy and Dana and we tried our luck.. Well while getting ready i had removed my car keys from my other keys and was going to remove the electronic Fob.. so i sat them down i thought on the back edge of the hatchback.. I then remember picking them back up and putting them in my PFD and not going to worry about it..

Well when i got to the waters edge and i didnt have my keys in my PFD.. i assumed i left them on the edge and i went fishing with the boys.....

When we got back the key was not where i thought i left it..  Well after 2 hours of me and Dana going thru everything taking everything out of my car more then once and searchin on hands and knees in the sand around my car and to the water .. i called road side assistance..

What they did for me was. provide me with a tow truck to take me to the nearest Subaru dealer cause according to the locksmith they were talking to he couldnt make my key. So 45 minute wait for the tow truck to get there.. the ride with the driver to beaverton .. a knight in a motel .. for the subaru dealer to make me a 5.95 key and to tell me any lock smith could of done it...  I Made home.

Can you say HIDE A KEY

Hey I know that one! Friday the 13th last year was soooo much fun, I decided to play it again.

Like SG, I got out of the Subaru and locked the door....
except I left the keys inside...
and my paddle.

That would not have been soooo bad if I had not just discovered that the Forester drives great in the sand and I was parked about 2 miles into the soft stuff from the entrance. This was starting to sound expensive.
So what to do?

I went fishing.

I was with Mike and this was one of those empty ocean days when all the fish were somewhere else. After a couple of hours of pedaling, we came in and landed without incident. (Jason would have been proud as I used my hand "paddles" to brace on the face of the little 2' waves and slid in safe and right side up)  :laugh:

I think I was hoping that my car somehow miraculously unlocked itself.
It didn't.

I thought of that trick where you call somebody with the other alarm remote and play it over the cell phone (that actually works!) Then I remembered that I'd lost both remotes years ago.

Mike offered to drive me home and back, but that just stank because it took tooo much time and both of us were supposed to be to work before Noon (it was already 10:30 and home was a solid 50 minutes away). Time to start looking for a hanger....
on the beach ::)

I queried the other few of anglers on the beach and, much to my surprise, nobody had a hanger.

So I scratched my head and tried to think of something I had that was long, thin, and stiff but flexible enuf to manipulate through the window to the latch. :icon_scratch:
 :sign13: Then, in moment of clarity, I thought of KayakMike's (different  Mike) Jacksonville classic fish tape that's printed on what appears to be a plastic verticle blind. (and it wasn't even Thursday) That fish measurer is flexible with some stiffness if you bend it just so and.....

I  pried open the window a tad with the filet knife sheath..

and folded the fish tape a bit to stiffen it...

then cut a little hook that could just catch the latch....

but it was not quite stiff enuf....
(that pic was through the front window)

Mike kept telling me to put a hook on it. I said "I did" and eventually I realized he meant a fishing hook. I put on a big circle and...

Voila!

(I was too ready to go home to take a pic of the open door, but it worked!)

Now I just hope I don't regret posting instructions on how to break into my car. ::)

(hide-a-keys are a MUCH better idea)

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 01:52:46 AM by Fishesfromtupperware »
"For when sleeping I dream of big fish and strong fights"

kallitype

• Sturgeon
  • Vashon Island kayaker
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
The second time my wife had to drive into Vashon town to bring a spare key, she said "That's it---next time you walk home, buddy".  So I bought 2 (two) Hide-a-keys and have used them more than once, but have no had to call home again!!!
Never underestimate the ability of our policymakers to fail to devise and implement intelligent policy

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
I found out the hard way that when you stop for beer and bait when its 110 degrees out, don't assume you can leave the vehicle running with the ac going and expect the key fob to unlock the doors when you are ready to back in the vehicle.  Thankfully, my wife found it to be hilarious enough that her 1 1/2 hour round trip to bring me the spare wasn't completely wasted.

Fishesfromtupperware

• Sturgeon
I found out the hard way that when you stop for beer and bait when its 110 degrees out, don't assume you can leave the vehicle running with the ac going and expect the key fob to unlock the doors when you are ready to back in the vehicle.  Thankfully, my wife found it to be hilarious enough that her 1 1/2 hour round trip to bring me the spare wasn't completely wasted.

Next time (which I hope there isn't) try the cell phone thing. Assuming you have a second fob, it works! I've seen it! And it can save ALOT of driving. (Man, your wife Loves you!)

http://www.ehow.com/how_4735182_unlock-youve-left-keys-inside.html

Hmmmmmm, on further investigation, maybe not  :-\
(go back to the fish tape)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 02:21:56 PM by Fishesfromtupperware »

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Dang Wali.......  You've shown us once again why a suth'n boy was granted his own forum on NWKA.  

-Spot-
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 02:36:36 PM by Fishesfromtupperware »
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

Fishesfromtupperware

• Sturgeon
Dang Wali.......  You've shown us once again why a suth'n boy was granted his own forum on NWKA.  

-Spot-

Who you callin suth'n!?!?!? I'm just visiting for waaaay too long.

I'll have you know I'm a native Oregonian since 2000.  ;)

(and changing peoples posts by accident is why I only moderate this one.) ::)

squidgirl

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Wali... your right the trip to rescue you on the sand would of been.. Since i was considered Off-Road the road side assistance payed part didnt start till i hit the paved road.. to tow me the mile and a half was 150.00 dollars my pocket.. but i got them down to 75.00

"Life is short lets go fishing"

Drool

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009

kiawanda jr

what pisses me off about it, everytime i lock, loose or forget my keys is because some pos lazy, loser, tweaker, thief wants to steal my stuff.

get a f...... job    >:(

anything