Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 11:42:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

by jed
[May 09, 2024, 09:27:35 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:33 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 09:39:21 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 11:31:01 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Christmas Island 2013  (Read 5427 times)

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
We have 5 kayaks on the island, 2 Ocean Kayak T13's, 2 Diablo Adios', and 1 Hobie Adventure.

We have use of one large motorized outrigger canoe that can transport that can take us to parts of the island that are harder to access via the road system.  We can bring the kayaks on these trips.  We find that some people want to do this and others want to fish form the boat or wade the flats.  We regularly do combo trips where some people fish one way and others fish another.  There are so many ways and areas to fish Christmas that offering the boat option makes for a more complete trip.

-Allen

Boogie-D

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
Aloha gang.. thanks for chiming in Allen.. i got your email Rory and will be responding to it soon.. as Allen said we have 5 kayak available.. the reason we have picked the dates is to get a group together.. by getting a group of 4 together we can give you the better price.. as far as better weather in March or May i don't think there is much of a difference.. I was there both in February and May and both times had similar weather with gentle trades.. of course it never is cold here..

the over all cost of a Christmas island kayak fishing trip will be the price of our trip, $1000 dollars air from Honolulu to Christmas, plus the price of the airfare to get to Hawaii...most guys will use there air mile points to get a free ticket to Hawaii.. this will reduce the cost of the trip substantially...   feel free to email me any time guides@coastalkayaktours.com and most information is on web site.. aloha
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 10:11:42 PM by Boogie-D »

Rory

• Sturgeon
  • Rory's Internets Audio Blog
  • Date Registered: Jan 2010
Hey dudes!  I just responded to David about the trip.  I am on board for March.  It's the perfect time to escape the soul-crushing drizzle of the PNW.    It's be cool to get a few of you other guys on board for this.  I mean, outside of the fact you'll be fishing a remote tropical island for strange giant-ass fish...you'll get to hang out with ME!  And that alone is worth the price of admission.  RIGHT BILL!!!???!?!
"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

Fungunnin

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
I would love to do this trip! One tip about fishing with Rory ... when he heads off in a random direction follow him. His pre fishing plan is just a distraction to get you to stay away from his secret hole.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

islandson671

• Heroes On The Water NWest
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Pm sent

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Boogie-D

• Herring
Hey Island son..

We are not responsible for nor do we provide any fishing gear at Christmas Island except for the kayaks, seats, paddles, and life vest.. However Allen Sansano left a tackle box down there and we left a lot of stuff inside of it that you are welcome to use.. there top water poppers.. soft baits, jigs, lures, lines, hooks, battery charger, battery, and fish finder as well as some other misc. items.. Allen also left some ugly stix down there.. not sure of the model but they are good for jigging and for trolling... you would probably want a better pole for whipping top water poppers.. so we do have stuff down there and your welcome to use it.. I prefer to bring my own stuff and its good to know that there is back up stuff down there if needed.. anyway i sent an email too and i hope you can make this really fun trip... ALOHA

Boogie-D

• Herring
The March trip is coming up soon.. Rory is set to book by himself if needed.. it would be a great time if you were a single kayak angler looking to go with some one else...  the cheapest price is if we could get a total of 4 anglers to book... meaning 3 more anglers to book with Rory... get in touch with Rory or me at boogied@hawaii.rr.com if your intrested in going.. aloha

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Guys,
Polepole has the link at the bottom of his signature set. Read it carefully theres tons of great information both Boogie and polepole put in there.

Dont be afraid to ask questions. Been emailing back n forth w/Boogie and he's helped nail down some details i had trouble with.

Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

Boogie-D

• Herring
Aloha Rory and Islandson.. it about time to book and secure the March Christmas Island trip.. as far as I know Rory is willing to book and go solo and maybe islandson will join him? This is a good time to jump on a trip guys and to work things out with Rory.. I will have to finalize everything in about a month so get in touch with us if you want to go.. MAHALO David Elgas
www.christmasislandkayakfishing.com 
boogied@hawaii.rr.com
(808) 638-9100

Boogie-D

• Herring
Aloha guys...

the 2013 season is shaping up with 4 trips going down to Christmas Island.. we have back to back trips from May 7-21.. and back to back trips again in July from July 16-30.. I just wanted to let you know that currently Air Pacific... www.airpacific.com   has lowered their prices for round trip air fare to Christmas island.. round trip tickets were going for $989 dollars and they have dropped to $758 dollars...  this is the lowest air fare i have ever seen to Christmas Island.. combine that with our lowest priced full package fishing rates and you will not find a cheaper time to go explore this incredible place.. If you ever wanted to go fishing at Christams Island let me know and i will get you hooked up.. our main goal was to open up Christmas Island to local Hawaii anglers and bring the prices down.. so far we have done very well knocking the price down.. check out our web site at www.christmasislandkayakfishing.com We currently have 5 kayaks in place.. I know that many of you would truly enjoy a trip and the experience of Christmas Island.. aloha David (808) 638-9100
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 11:16:03 AM by Boogie-D »

anything