Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:31:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:01:45 PM]

[Today at 12:53:59 PM]

[Today at 12:52:48 PM]

[Today at 11:21:53 AM]

by jed
[April 29, 2024, 05:39:20 PM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Golden Gardens  (Read 10754 times)

henney

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: May 2014
I hate to be the crotchety old fart here, but if sand is such a source of concern then this may not be the hobby for you.

I plan on being out tomorrow as well, dragging my boat around in the sand.

JasonM

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
I can deal with sand if I have to, but there's no need to here. Not going through the sand gets me on and off the water more quickly. In addition to that and the royal pain of cleaning it off everything, it also results in greater wear on things like cart axles and drysuit booties. I'll pass.

henney

• Rockfish
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON...
TONIGHT...S wind 10 to 20 kt rising to 15 to 25 kt in the evening. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft. Rain in the evening then a chance of rain after midnight.

SAT...SW wind 15 to 25 kt. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft. A chance of showers in the morning then showers likely in the afternoon.

Never mind

RoxnDox

• Salmon
  • Native Propel
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013
Yeah, I am going to go give it a shot beach fishing at Point No Point.  Casting with that wind just might get me a few more feet... 😉
Junk Jigs "BEST USE OF ACTUAL JUNK" category - "That tape should have been a prized possession and not junk. That will be a collectors item in 30 years!” & “There sure is a lot of junk in there.”

Trident 13

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
Well boys, even with two fridays left in Wa before the move to PA, not interested in fighting that wind. Have some time during the week now, will live to fish again. Maybe a small lake like Morton for trout.

Trident 13

• Salmon
I'm still loaded and thinking about Sunday AM at GG.  Forecast guarantees improvement :D
I'll be monitoring for a change later tonight and won't confirm.  Might head for Olympia if it's still bad.
If you do get there and it's windy by the green buoy, you can paddle back and in through the marina and get to south end.  If the wind if from the south or even SW, that should be OK and you could likely fish half way or more toward the can. If you go in the canal you can fish up to the wooden tie up west of the RR bridge, but read the regs so YOU know for sure.

Advisory:
Tonight - S wind 15 to 25 kt easing to 5 to 15 kt after midnight. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft subsiding to 2 ft or less after midnight. A chance of showers in the evening then a slight chance of showers after midnight.
Sun - S wind to 10 kt. Wind waves 1 ft or less. Areas of fog in the morning. A slight chance of showers in the Morning.
Sun Night - N wind to 10 kt becoming variable after midnight. Wind waves 1 ft or less.

Dawn Patrol

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Nov 2017
Heads up for tomorrow/Sunday, the Everett Coho derby day 2 will be happening, w/almost 2k entrants, many of whom got shut out today by winds. Has the potential to be pretty busy

BugNerd

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jul 2018
I'm still loaded and thinking about Sunday AM at GG.  Forecast guarantees improvement :D
I'll be monitoring for a change later tonight and won't confirm.  Might head for Olympia if it's still bad.
If you do get there and it's windy by the green buoy, you can paddle back and in through the marina and get to south end.  If the wind if from the south or even SW, that should be OK and you could likely fish half way or more toward the can. If you go in the canal you can fish up to the wooden tie up west of the RR bridge, but read the regs so YOU know for sure.

Advisory:
Tonight - S wind 15 to 25 kt easing to 5 to 15 kt after midnight. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft subsiding to 2 ft or less after midnight. A chance of showers in the evening then a slight chance of showers after midnight.
Sun - S wind to 10 kt. Wind waves 1 ft or less. Areas of fog in the morning. A slight chance of showers in the Morning.
Sun Night - N wind to 10 kt becoming variable after midnight. Wind waves 1 ft or less.

Where do you usually check for advisories?

RoxnDox

• Salmon
  • Native Propel
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013
Heads up for tomorrow/Sunday, the Everett Coho derby day 2 will be happening, w/almost 2k entrants, many of whom got shut out today by winds. Has the potential to be pretty busy

Went to Point No Point and bank fished this morning with the spousal unit. There were a LOT of boats out, not many nets though. Did see two salmon kept from the beach. Neither of them ours, sadly...
Junk Jigs "BEST USE OF ACTUAL JUNK" category - "That tape should have been a prized possession and not junk. That will be a collectors item in 30 years!” & “There sure is a lot of junk in there.”

henney

• Rockfish
Had a feeling I'd be too hungover to fish today, and I wasn't gonna fish the sound with that Saturday forecast, so I hit an "S" river without the kayak.

I'd almost forgotten how much more fun it is to fight these things are on light gear without a diver and flasher in the way.

Trident 13

• Salmon
@ Bugnerd
I just Google Shilsole Bay (any major location) Marine Forecast
http://windalert.com/spot/41816

If you find the URL that shows you how to hook fish, please re-post.  I'll bet I could see 5-600 boats in the general area of Golden Gardens all the way up to Edmonds.  Launch line was at lat 50-60 boats for PP.  Nice day, some fish caught and one by one of our master fisherman, lol.

BugNerd

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jul 2018

Dawn Patrol

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Nov 2017
I use the SailFlow app (free version), just open map and find a weather “station” in the target area, click on it and click forecast. Shows wind, direction, gusts, sky cover and precipitation, temp by the hour, forecast out a # of days. Has been pretty reliable (but def not 100%) in my experience.

Sample screenshots for GG below.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 01:33:52 PM by Dawn Patrol »

crkohrin

• Krill
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Anyone else launching Shilshole/Golden Gardens tomorrow?

Its seems to be slowing down a bit, and the creel reports are backing that up, but between calm winds, warm weather, and an 8am high tide it looks pretty enjoyable to me even on a slow bite.

henney

• Rockfish
I'm heading to Sekiu/Neah for all of those reasons.

anything