Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 04:40:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by jed
[April 29, 2024, 05:39:20 PM]

[April 29, 2024, 08:40:31 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: **** 2016 ORC Raffle ****  (Read 43049 times)

snopro

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
I'm sure that would work well. 

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Totally agree, if you're dining you should be pitching in.

In my case it's all cart before the horse anyway.  The ORC has been my nemesis.  Maybe I'll get lucky in a raffle. ;)
Would it be Koser to hand your tickets over to a buddy you trust?

I would think that instead of saying:
"The winner must be present to win"

It should say:
"The ticket must be present to win"

This way name, address and phone number won't be needed on the raffle ticket.  And the prize does not have to be held and delivered on a different date.  If a person is not able to attend the raffle, he could entrust a friend with his tickets to collect his prize for him and deliver it to him instead.  No pressure on the organizers to deal with delivery.

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

williamesch

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Feb 2015

In my case it's all cart before the horse anyway.  The ORC has been my nemesis.  Maybe I'll get lucky in a raffle. ;)

It should say:

This way name, address and phone number won't be needed on the raffle ticket.  And the prize does not have to be held and delivered on a different date.  If a person is not able to attend the raffle, he could entrust a friend with his tickets to collect his prize for him and deliver it to him instead.  No pressure on the organizers to deal with delivery.

What if people just wrote there form names on the back of tickets handed in. If you are going to wait till the end to do the raffles there will probably a couple people who have missed placed there tickets. Or say someone buys 50 to 100 tickets and can't keep track of the numbers. Just a thought, and I know it would take some extra time but might be simplier.

2016 Angler of the day- 1st place
2019 ORC - 3rd place

2016 hobie outback
2019 old town topwater
2021 Wilderness systems recon

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008

It should say:

What if people just wrote there form names on the back of tickets handed in. If you are going to wait till the end to do the raffles there will probably a couple people who have missed placed there tickets. Or say someone buys 50 to 100 tickets and can't keep track of the numbers. Just a thought, and I know it would take some extra time but might be simplier.

We could hand them out with the captain's bags I guess. Then it would be up to you to put contact info on it. It would also be up to you to have someone pick-up and deliver the prize. This will have to be discussed by the committee. I have to go back and review the rules.

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
For the smaller prizes I expect it'll be a matter of taking possession at the campground.  But with the kayak, will that be physically at the campground with the lucky winner taking possession of it that night, or will it be a coupon redeemable for said kayak from NA (or some other dealer) at a time convenient to the winner?

I only ask as some of us (e.g. me) will be in a vehicle that probably can't handle a second kayak (or at least it would be rather difficult to safely transport). 

It's a good problem to have, but something to think about ahead of time.
2012 ORC 5th Place

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
For the smaller prizes I expect it'll be a matter of taking possession at the campground.  But with the kayak, will that be physically at the campground with the lucky winner taking possession of it that night, or will it be a coupon redeemable for said kayak from NA (or some other dealer) at a time convenient to the winner?

I only ask as some of us (e.g. me) will be in a vehicle that probably can't handle a second kayak (or at least it would be rather difficult to safely transport). 

I can solve that for you.  Just give me your kayak raffle ticket(s). 

Done! 

See, problem solved.   ;D

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon

I can solve that for you.  Just give me your kayak raffle ticket(s). 

Done! 

See, problem solved.   ;D

You are nothing if not generous.   :-*
2012 ORC 5th Place

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014

It should say:

We could hand them out with the captain's bags I guess. Then it would be up to you to put contact info on it. It would also be up to you to have someone pick-up and deliver the prize. This will have to be discussed by the committee. I have to go back and review the rules.
This is how we did TBMD forum or full name on ticket "legible" all though I didn't require they be present to win and still have a few items not picked up. But nothing major for me. Names are way easier IMHO.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
My plan if I win any of the cash prizes will be to spend at least the amount given to 6th-10th places on raffle tickets in addition to what I'll be spending anyway.  Will raffle tickets be available up to the last moment?  Can I just state right now that I'd prefer additional raffle tickets over cash if I'm lucky enough to get 6-10th (or that portion of the cash prize amount if I somehow get 5th or better)?
2012 ORC 5th Place

craig

• Sturgeon

The Kayak won't be there due to production demands. In my opinion, that is better because the winner gets a voucher for it and then can pick the color they want from the dealer's available stock. At least that is how I understood it.

Stevm

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Mar 2014
Just received the MCKay kayak crab trap that was one of the raffle prizes at the ORC raffle, and thought I'd post a pic.   I am impressed with the quality of the trap itself and the size should be nice to pull and carry with the yak.  I'm ready to try crabbing from the yak again. 

My thanks to MCKay, and thank you to the ORC organizers for their work on the raffle and the event!
“Once a year go someplace you have never been “
Dali Llama

2015 Outback Dune
2020 Outback Dune
20? OK Trident 13 Dune Camo

Stevm

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Mar 2014
Should include the pic of the trap!
“Once a year go someplace you have never been “
Dali Llama

2015 Outback Dune
2020 Outback Dune
20? OK Trident 13 Dune Camo

craig

• Sturgeon
Nice! I need to order mine.

Dark Tuna

• Lingcod
  • "Dark Tuna?"
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014
I traded in the $150 Cabelas prize on a smoker!   Woo-Hoo!

Thank you once again to all the organizers and volunteers for putting all this work into the 2016 ORC and helping fund some great organizations.

2015 Jackson Big Tuna (tandem) (dark forest)
2016 Hobie Outback LE (screamin' orange)
2014 KC Kayaks K12 (the better half's, in camo)
2015 Jackson Kraken 13.5 (bluefin)

Raymarine Dragonfly; BB Angler Aces; Kokatat Hydrus 3L SuperNova Angler Dry Suit; Stohlquist Fisherman PFD

craig

• Sturgeon
Awesome! Congrats! I have one just like it and in about 20 minuutes, it will be full of salmon. I had to wrok this morning so I couldn't try to catch new salmon, so I am smoking the old.

anything