Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:54:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Need some crabbing info/answers  (Read 6651 times)

Ranger Dave

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
We joined prime because all of my and my wife's families are on the East coast. We save more than the membership fee in shipping during Christmas. I also end up buying tools, electronics, books etc from Amazon and the faster shipping makes me feel better. The video service is another nice perk.

I hear you pdx...I always spend enough to get the free shipping, but it takes a week or more to receive and I don't think you can beat two day shipping. Amazon recently asked me to review some of the products from this year alone and at that time it was 138 and counting. Happy to say, since then a lot of it has been Kayak & angling related, but I also try to throw some business at folks in the industry as well as supporters of this forum. Frankly, its all about price, availability and shipping time for me. I'm like a lil kid...I want it and I want it right damned now or I'm throwing a fit.
Retired Army - 67N/67V/67R/15R

jstonick

Hey CastIronTrout, there are some things that I like to buy locally and others I buy remotely. So far I bought my kayak and all of the accessories for it locally because I want to support a local kayaking industry. I want to be able to go and look at items and touch them or try them on before buying. I also buy most of my fishing stuff from Fisherman's Marine or Bi-mart for the same reason. However, for things I do not need to look at first hand before buying like books, power tools, electronics, etc I am happy to buy online. If I am making a buying decision based upon a quantitative comparison of the specifications then I buy online, unless have an immediate need for the item.

However, to bring this thread back around to the original post I never buy crab on line even with 2-day shipping :)

VooDuuChild

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
Ok, sorry, not trying to take this too far off topic...but.  I shop often with Amazon and almost always get the free two day shipping for prime members.  I don't remember signing up for a $79 a year deal for this and is possible that I may have done so without knowing.  Yes, I'm one of those people who doesn't balance my books (I've written maybe three checks in my 34 years).  I am wondering, if maybe it has something to do with my living in the greater Seattle Puget Sound area?  Maybe Washingtonians just get this for free for living in such close proximity?  It won't make much of a difference if at all as I do the majority of my shopping online just for the savings and that it is just so much darn easier that physically shopping around to save a buck.

Does anyone in Washington that has this deal have to pay?  Have I been getting charged and just not noticing due to my own laziness?  Interested is definitely piqued though, lol.  Even if I have been paying, it would be worth it I guess.  I do notice that I have been able to beat even eBay on Amazon on many accounts.  Boy, am I going to feel silly if I did somehow sign up for this.  And it's only money and well, what is money good for if not spending to enjoy and have a good time; we're all on a time clock that is truncated and could punch out at any time.

Cheers and tight lines to all.

Ranger Dave

• Salmon

Cheers and tight lines to all.

Holy shit man, you're going to fit right in on this forum because when you wander off topic, you go right off the radar  ;D

So, originally our "friends" at Amazon offered me a soul brother deal and said, "Here it is, try it for a month and if you like it, we've got your credit card info and we'll just bill you $79 for your first year. Then, cuz we like you so much, we won't even bother you for your permission, every year after we will keep renewing your membership until you tell us other wise". Well, I tried out Prime for 30 days, 23-1/2 hours and did some serious damage on free two day shipping and then fired off an e-mail and said, "cancel" Never any questions, no bs and they still let me shop there.  ;D

VooDuuChild

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
Well, looks like I've been a member since 09 and have paid three times....I guess I'm kind of a  :tool: and a  :knob:

...glad I'm gonna fit in.

Ranger Dave

• Salmon
I guess I'm kind of a  :tool: and a  :knob:
...glad I'm gonna fit in.

Oh yeah, you'll fit in just fine bro. Hey, they let me on here ;D As for being a tool or a knob, don't know where the world would be without either one, but don't change your user name anytime soon...VooDooChild is a pretty rad kayer name.