Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:40:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[Today at 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: klickitat mouth 11/15. update and pics  (Read 3111 times)

yaktastic

• A cowboy in a kayak? I never was normal.
  • Salmon
  • shut up and let me fish.
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
Bonneville counts are falling steadily. With the weather sunny tomorrow and the wind is supposed to be around 8mph ish.I have to haul bulls and feed cows in the morning so I plan on getting there around 10-12 critter and weather pending.if you want to join me pm me.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 04:23:48 PM by yaktastic »
4th place 2017 TBKD Rockfish.

Cosmo

• Salmon
  • Integrity-It's What You Do When No One's Looking
  • DADventurerNW
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
Hello Yaktastic,

Can you share where you launch in that area?  I may be headed there on Saturday, or Sunday, pending weather, chores, etc.

Also, If I launch from the Washington side, but have an Oregon License, and stay in the Colombia, I'm legal, right?  Or do I need a WA license too?

Thanks.
Cosmo
2 Hobie Mirage Outbacks 2014

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Hello Yaktastic,

Can you share where you launch in that area?  I may be headed there on Saturday, or Sunday, pending weather, chores, etc.

Also, If I launch from the Washington side, but have an Oregon License, and stay in the Colombia, I'm legal, right?  Or do I need a WA license too?

Thanks.

I'm planning on hitting it on Sunday as well.  Brrrrrr! 
Your Oregon License is good even if you launch from the Wa side.  And, yes, stay in the Columbia.

It's a new fishery for me so any advice from you Klickitat veterans would be appreciated.   ;D

Thanks!
-Mark-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

snopro

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
It's a new fishery for me so any advice from you Klickitat veterans would be appreciated.   ;D

I have a post ready to go, just trying to get my photos to load.  Can someone check and see if they can load photos.  It's probably me or my computer.

yaktastic

• Salmon
Hello Yaktastic,

Thanks.

I launch from the Washington side also.shorter paddle/pedle.I cut across at the Dalles then go to Lyle.if you are coming from the west you turn on the same road.forgive me I can't remember the street but the street is across from the store in lyle.it goes across the tracks then turn Right, go a few hundred yards then take a left then go to the water.rock ramp and parking.and you are safe if you stay outside the hwy 14 bridge.I'm thinking if the fishing is good I will get a wash day permit to fish inside cuz you can keep 6!

yaktastic

• Salmon
My advice.its worked all the times I have used it there.

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
Thanks Guys!  I appreciate it!

Snopro, not sure about loading pics off the phone.  If you can't embed them, you can upload them to your gallery on this site and link them or upload them to another photo site and link them.

-Mark-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

Cosmo

• Salmon
  • Integrity-It's What You Do When No One's Looking
  • DADventurerNW
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
Thanks guys, sounds like fun.  Is it prawn spinners and regular spinners, or do they also hit herring?

Is there a go to depth, on the bottom, or are they hanging typically at a certain depth?  It's a new area for me too.

Cosmo
2 Hobie Mirage Outbacks 2014

MurseStrong

• Lingcod
  • 2009 OK T11 2016 Hobie Revo 13 2018 Hobie Revo 13
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
Hello Yaktastic,

Thanks.

I'm planning on hitting it on Sunday as well.  Brrrrrr! 
Your Oregon License is good even if you launch from the Wa side.  And, yes, stay in the Columbia.

Thanks!
-Mark-

Theres a real nice launch just upriver from the mouth, take a right onto 7th & go over the bridge. Everyone is using prawn spinner & they work well but I have had great results with R-Factor hoochie spinners. In my experience there I have found Kings & larger coho trolling closer in at 12-25 FOW.
My favorite part about this fishery is driving back on the WA side & stopping to soak at the famous Carson Hot Springs, with a cooler full of fish in the car. Cross back over on the Bridge of The Gods on your way back to PdX.
Hugh
If You Know The Answer, Ask Bigger Questions

"You are killing me, fish, the old man thought. But you have a right to. Never have I seen a greater, or more beautiful, or a calmer or more noble thing than you, brother."
-The Old Man and the Sea

yaktastic

• Salmon
Pink or red prawns on the spinner.I have be using a 6oz ball on a 10in dropper and have done well trolling east and west.get momentum drop it to the bottom and your set. 9-20ft is where my sweet spot has been.I even had a chase on a jig turned at the kayak.last weekend plug pullers went fishless.anyone with a prawn spinner,flasher or not got into fish.saw no herring used.

fiszka

• Krill
  • Love fishing, care about nature
  • Date Registered: Oct 2012
Hi there,
Speaking about the Klickitat, we will be organizing a river clean-up there on Nov. 23 at 10:00 am. We will be meeting at the Klickitat Trailhead and will collect trash from the most popular fishing places on the lower stretch of the river. There is a ton of litter left every year on the banks. Please share the word with others who fish there to help preserve that fishery. Thanks and good luck this weekend.

Fiszka

« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 06:02:31 PM by fiszka »
Let them spawn - catch and release.

yaktastic

• Salmon
Cold and windy.the wind report lied bigtime but I was there around 2 and thought what the hell give it a go.I almost regretted that statement. First trip down I trolled a hoochie spinner with no love.went to the bank to be safe from the wind while I put on a prawn.went back out and trolled up stream about 30 yards and bam!fought it about 10 sec and lost it.re rigged and went back out with a fresh prawn and not 20yds from where I hooked the first my rod  tip bounced a bit then dove out of sight.this coho hen totally engulfed my spinner.still fighting the wind back to the truck I trolled my way to just short of the mouth when my rod got smacked .the time it took me to grab my rod  from the holder the wind pushed me over the fish and I got slack in the line and lost it.1 for 3 isn't bad for a day like today.

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
Nice!  Hopefully the wind doesn't get out of control tomorrow...

-Mark-

Sponsors and Supporters:

Tournament Results:

yaktastic

• Salmon
Wish I could make it tomorrow. This married stuff is getting in the way lol.good luck tomorrow.

MurseStrong

• Lingcod
  • 2009 OK T11 2016 Hobie Revo 13 2018 Hobie Revo 13
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
Wish I could make it tomorrow. This married stuff is getting in the way lol.good luck tomorrow.
+1 Well said
If You Know The Answer, Ask Bigger Questions

"You are killing me, fish, the old man thought. But you have a right to. Never have I seen a greater, or more beautiful, or a calmer or more noble thing than you, brother."
-The Old Man and the Sea