Forum > The Mighty Columbia

I'm no mathematician, but...

(1/3) > >>

Fred "True" Trujillo:
... where did all of those predicted 600,000 Coho go for 2019?

Fred "True" Trujillo

workhard:

--- Quote from: Fred "True" Trujillo on October 28, 2019, 06:51:06 AM ---... where did all of those predicted 600,000 Coho go for 2019?

Fred "True" Trujillo

--- End quote ---

There's a variety of methods used to forecast salmon returns: some of the more common ones are modeling the expected returns for the next year based on the number of jacks returning for the current year and counting the number of smolts exiting and modeling that to an expected return in three years. This is done individually by the system and your 600k number is the sum of all the systems. Now each of these methods has a variance around them which sums around the 600k number and could give a confidence interval in the 100's of thousands for the returns, and none of them directly account for ocean conditions which is a huge and complex system - and not very friendly to the Coho this summer.

AndyFishes:
I had my best season yet for coho. Mostly from the beach (a couple kayak caught) but definitely beat the hell out of last year.

I miss it so bad I got the shakes :'(. I've cast and painted 70 rotator lures in the last couple of weeks just to have something to do.
Pic for flavor:

snopro:
Nice painting.  Try a couple half white/half black on the long axis.

AndyFishes:
I like that idea. Kind of a "cookies and cream" or "cop car". I think I'll do that and put some silver flash tape in the center. most of the others are getting some flash of various color too. I usually fish these w/ a 2.5" hoochie. Now I gotta go cast a few more!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version