Forum > The Mighty Columbia

Fishing in the Columbia River Gorge?

(1/2) > >>

fiszka:
Hello,

I am new to the kayak fishing and this forum. I am looking for enthusiasts of kayak fishing in the Columbia Gorge (Hood River, The Dalles) area to share tips, practicies, and experiences.

Thanks,

Fiszka

revjcp:
Hi there fiszka - I am not sure who is in the immediate area.  But everyone here is great at sharing tips, practices, and experiences.  Just ask away! :) Welcome!

Justin:
I haven't fished much in that area but I'm learning the area upstream of you.  Irrigon / Umatilla area.

fiszka:
Thank you for the welcome, Revjcp

One of the areas that I would like to improve on is handing a kayak in strong winds. It blows in the Gorge for 80% of the year and I have been struggling to maneuver my NuCanoe Froniter 12 in such conditions? Does anyone have any suggestions or insight?

I am also looking for a local salmon conservation group. I believe that fishing is as much about care for environment and habitat preservation as it is about catching fish. Whence, I would like to join a group to help preserve Columbia River fisheries. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Fiszka

fiszka:
Thanks for the post Justin. What do you typically fish for in your area?

It would be great to hear from you about anchoring in the Columbia (how and what gear do you use), handling winds (do you have any tips on kayaking in strong winds) on water, etc.

Have a great day,

Fiszka

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version