Forum > Product Discussions

ProAngler 360 comparison video

(1/1)

rogerdodger:
I'm not sure a 360 drive Hobie fits into my future plans (a 360 ProAngler definitely not but a 360 Revo13 or Outback would get my attention).

This is an excellent video comparing the normal and 360 ProAnglers and the on the water testing has me convinced that the 360 drive could be incorporated by Hobie into a new Outback or Revo, I don't see any reason that it would only be suitable for use on a wide, tall, heavy boat like a ProAngler.

cheers, roger

Tinker:
I think there's a segment in Hobie's PA 360 introductory video where their spokesperson says something to the effect that Hobie believes their other hulls are not suitable for a 360 drive because of everything that needs to be routed through the gunwales to control the drive, and not simply because of stability concerns.

rogerdodger:

--- Quote from: Tinker on October 27, 2019, 09:58:12 AM ---I think there's a segment in Hobie's PA 360 introductory video where their spokesperson says something to the effect that Hobie believes their other hulls are not suitable for a 360 drive because of everything that needs to be routed through the gunwales to control the drive, and not simply because of stability concerns.

--- End quote ---

I would be interested if you can locate that, I have not heard anyone from Hobie say that. 

They did make a strong point that the 360 drive is not compatible with existing hulls but I don't remember them saying that it couldn't be incorporated into any newly design hull version, like a Revo or Outback.  The Revo seems the first candidate as it is due for a design update.

pmmpete:
I'm curious to hear reports about how well the 360 drive will let you hover over a spot on the bottom when jigging, and whether you can use it to remain stationary even in considerable wind and current.  I'm not interested in buying a Pro Angler.  It's too big and heavy.  I hope Hobie brings out a 360 Outback and/or a 360 Revolution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version