Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:22:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Brownlee Crappie Shootout 8  (Read 8411 times)

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Some fun stuff for the Shootout this year.

There will be a team event at the BCS this year. Not a regular one but one with a twist. You will not know who you are paired up with till the winners are announced.

Partners will be chosen randomly by computer and the team with the highest total points will win a set of BCS camp tables along with some other gear.

We are hoping this will continue the sense of comradery that has been the core of the event and a fun way to win more cool stuff.

Thank you Jesse Burgess and father for making the sweet tables.

Good luck everyone.

SD2OR

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2020
A day without fishing probably wouldn't kill me,
but why risk it?

3rd Place AOTY 2023

3rd Place ORC 2023

1st Place Team Event BCS 2023
12th Place Individual BCS 2023

2nd Place AOTY 2022
1st Place Tiny Fish Slam 2022

2007 Red Hobie Outback "Serenity"
2021 Camo Hobie Outback "Lagertha"

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Other fun stuff for the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament this year.

Braddah Bernie Villalobos will be donating a custom build rod (spinning or casting) to the first place finisher. This will be in addition to the buckle and whatever the winner picks off of the prize table.

Bernie wraps some pretty awesome looking rods made from Rainshadow blanks. These are beautiful, high quality rods and components that will stand up to tough fish and conditions. Bernie fishes a lot so he knows what a good rod should look and feel like and transfers this knowledge to all of his work to make functional pieces of art.

Thank you Bernie!

Good luck everyone, you are going to need it this year.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Crappie category winner fun

The 7 category winners will get a prize pack like in past years but the angler with the highest points Crappie will also win a BCS camp table.

In the event of a tie the angler with the higher overall score will win the tie breaker. If both anglers have the same overall score then tied anglers will take 3 paces, turn and throw crappie jigs at each other till one submits.

Thank you Jesse and dad for the donation.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Vortex Optics is an new sponsor and they are sending a very nice donation to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament this year.

Vortex produces fine sporting optics that range from novice to professional. They have been making and improving their scopes, binoculars, rangefinders, and spotting scopes since 1986 in Barneveld, WI.

They utilize the latest technology to ensure you get the best optics at a fair price point. I have seen their products available at most sporting goods shops and even hardware stores.

Vortex puts the customer first in everything they do. Their warranty is second to none and the customer service is friendly and helpful. I know of two friends that have send broken scopes (user error) and they both were impressed with the service and turn around time.

Along these same lines, Vortex offers classes on how to develop safety and shooting skills that will help in any application you may find yourself needing.

Have a little fun and check out their site at https://vortexoptics.com/

The donation consist of:
CF-RD2
Crossfire Red Dot (LED Upgrade)
122-42-LOD
Spring 2022 Men's CARE Cap
800-20-BLK
CARE Drawstring Bag
DECAL2
White Vortex Nation Decal
CAT23
Vortex 2023 Optics Catalog
900-54-RED-XL
Vortex RED Short Sleeve T-Shirt

I am hoping the package arrives in time but if not I will get the prize to the winner.

Thank you for the awesome donation Vortex.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 05:28:04 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
We have a last minute sponsor to the BCS 8.

Please welcome Major Craft America Corporation to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament 8.

Major Craft is the leading rod and lure manufacturer in Japan and is now available in the USA. They make really good rods and lures for freshwater as well as saltwater fishing.

Their Jig Para line of lures are super popular for ocean fishing because they really catch fish. From shallow bottom to deep drops, their jigs have been responsible for some awesome catches. Their freshwater line blades and jigs looks like they would work great for walleye, crappie, bass, and most any other species.

Their rods are made with high quality standards that have gained them popularity in the slow pitch and bass fishing arena.

I actually some of their jigs that I plan on trying out in Hawaii soon. Watching videos of their gear in actions is pretty exciting.

They also have line, braid, terminal tackle, and accessories on their site at https://www.majorcraft-america.com/

Not sure what we'll be getting but I am sure whatever it is it will catch fish.

Thank you Eric and Major Craft for the support.

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015
Hope Everyone has a great time!  Wish i could make it.  Hoping to make it next year!
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC

Casey

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
Hope Everyone has a great time!  Wish i could make it.  Hoping to make it next year!
Lies

anything