Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 11:20:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:01:25 PM]

[Today at 04:21:47 PM]

[May 03, 2024, 05:31:42 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:52:48 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 11:21:53 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Questions about Fishfinder / Transducers  (Read 2908 times)

Yakky Doodle

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Mar 2010
Pardon me if this has been covered already, I haven't found this subject anywhere.

I am going out to buy a Fishfinder tonight, specifically, the Eagle Cuda 340 S  :D

Here's my issue:  I have two kayaks, one is a prowler 13, the other is a Cobra Tandem. I like (and use) both of them often. I would like to just buy *one* FF and be able to switch back and forth. Now, I'm new at this, so forgive me if this sounds stupido  ???; is it possible to use the same transducer on both? From what I'm finding on some other posts, there is adhesive being used. My guess is that I can't interchange the transducer. Do I need to buy another for the second yak?

The Nothing

• De nihilo nihil
  • Sturgeon
  • De nihilo nihil
  • YakFish@IOL
  • Date Registered: May 2009
you can buy a second transducer, or use the same one if you don't glue it into place. 

The foam puck method of installation (covered in the Drilling/Cutting forum) allows for a quick swap between kayaks.  You'll want a second mount to really make this easy. Using a setup like this, I've taken my FF on planes and installed into loaner/rental kayaks.
~Isaac
Blog 'YakFish
ProStaff NRSJackson Kayak | PK Lures | YakAngler

Yakky Doodle

• Perch
Thanks The Nothing-
I think the foam puck method is the way I'll go.

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
I've done just that, used the foam puck on two kayaks so that I could use the fish finder on either.  The real trick is figuring how to mount the display unit so you can interchange them easily.  My suggestion would be to get a second base.  There might be folks here who've had their Cuda die on them and the base is still around.  Most of the lower end Eagle Cuda's use the same mounting base.

Brian
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
I've done just that, used the foam puck on two kayaks so that I could use the fish finder on either.  The real trick is figuring how to mount the display unit so you can interchange them easily.  My suggestion would be to get a second base.  There might be folks here who've had their Cuda die on them and the base is still around.  Most of the lower end Eagle Cuda's use the same mounting base.

Brian

On both my Cuda and old old old eagle unit, I've managed to mount Scotty adapters to the base.  I can put them on any of my yaks with this configuration.

-Spot-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

Yakky Doodle

• Perch
Cool. Good suggestions.
I've got a removable Johnny Bar, so I think that should work with switching kayaks.
I'm getting pretty excited, just got a drysuit for my birthday. I'll be hitting the cold water soon. Just gotta learn how to fish!  ;D

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
I'm getting pretty excited, just got a drysuit for my birthday. I'll be hitting the cold water soon. Just gotta learn how to fish!  ;D

I have 3 words for you:  Oregon  Rockfish  Classic

There'll be plenty of fellow yakfishers there to help you out.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

Yakky Doodle

• Perch
Awww, Spot.... thanks for the heads up...bummin' though, cause I'll be out of town for work that week/weekend. Even worse, I'll be in the California desert!

I'll just have to be patient and learn how to fish some other way...  Funny, cause I got all the gear now. Just no "know how"!  :-\

anything