Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 30, 2024, 10:29:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:56:41 PM]

[Today at 09:48:30 AM]

[Today at 09:40:29 AM]

[May 29, 2024, 02:46:19 PM]

[May 29, 2024, 01:49:12 PM]

[May 29, 2024, 11:59:33 AM]

[May 29, 2024, 11:42:05 AM]

[May 29, 2024, 11:40:13 AM]

by Spot
[May 29, 2024, 11:32:10 AM]

[May 28, 2024, 12:18:48 PM]

[May 28, 2024, 07:37:19 AM]

[May 28, 2024, 06:19:06 AM]

[May 27, 2024, 09:56:01 PM]

by PNW
[May 27, 2024, 03:12:21 PM]

[May 27, 2024, 07:56:46 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Corrosion X or ???  (Read 4565 times)

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
First thing: no one anywhere near me stocks Corrosion-X and I'll need to drive 150 miles to get it, so I'm asking if it's worth it or are there alternative corrosion inhibitors that work as good (or better)?

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 01:51:51 PM by Tinker »
Everything will be all right in the end, so if it's not all right, then it's not yet the end.

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
I've used Boeshield T9 - Amazon/Walmart...they'll deliver to you down south out in the weeds.

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
Thank you.  Amazon will still deliver Boeshield, but they won't deliver CorrosionX or H&M Marine's Corrosion Block because they're "Hazardous Materials" (in Oregon, apparently).

Amazon has lost it's mind.  Last week, I received something from Amazon that was totally destroyed (bad packaging) and they wouldn't replace it because it had suddenly been flagged as a hazardous material.  Did Oregon pass a law about hazardous materials that I didn't hear about?

Anyway, thank you again.  If I'm going to get it from Amazon, I'd best hurry - and I'll see what Wally World will still do.
Everything will be all right in the end, so if it's not all right, then it's not yet the end.

YakHunter

• Salmon
  • Retired!
  • Date Registered: Jun 2020
First thing: no one anywhere near me stocks Corrosion-X and I'll need to drive 150 miles to get it, so I'm asking if it's worth it or are there alternative corrosion inhibitors that work as good (or better)?

Tinker, since I am an inland fisherman could you tell me what you use the Corrsion-x for?  I figure its salt related.....
Hobie PA14
Hobie Outback
Hobie Adventure Island
Hobie Tandem Island
Jackson CudaHD
BlueSky 360 Angler

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
It is salt related for me - I live on right the coast and there's always salt in the air - but it's water-related everywhere.  It's great on electronic connectors, for one, and folks claim it beats WD40 hands down for every application for which you'd reach for the WD.

YakHunter

• Salmon
  • Retired!
Thanks Tinker.  That helps.
Hobie PA14
Hobie Outback
Hobie Adventure Island
Hobie Tandem Island
Jackson CudaHD
BlueSky 360 Angler

Beer_Run

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
Just received 2 cans of Corrosion X from Amazon. Didn't get the grease as the shipping was more than the grease  >:(. Use it on everything. They are pretty proud of it given what they charge for it. Cheaper than replacing reels!
- Bob

2020 Hobie Outback - Seagrass
2021 Old Town AutoPilot 120 - Blue/Gray

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
I'm trying to get to someone on Amazon whom I can ask WTH.  I think they may think that I live about 100 miles further south than I do.  It was weird to learn that a product delivered damaged and unusable on January 6th couldn't be replaced on January 7th because it had been listed as hazardous.  They did say "At this address" so maybe I ought see if they'd ship it to my kinds in Salem.

Thanks for the information.

alpalmer

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
I'm trying to get to someone on Amazon whom I can ask WTH.  I think they may think that I live about 100 miles further south than I do.  It was weird to learn that a product delivered damaged and unusable on January 6th couldn't be replaced on January 7th because it had been listed as hazardous.  They did say "At this address" so maybe I ought see if they'd ship it to my kinds in Salem.

Perhaps where you are living,  the shipment has to go into California at some point and then into Oregon.   Wouldn't surprise me at all to read that Corrosion X  causes cancer in California.   ;D
"A venturesome minority will always be eager to get off on their own,
and no obstacle should be placed in their path;
let them take risk, for God sake, let them get lost, sun burnt, stranded, drowned,
eaten by bears, buried alive under avalanches -
that is the right and privilege of any free American."
--Edward Abbey--

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
Maybe.  I don't remember anything ever being routed into CA before turning North, but I suppose odder things have happened.  I believe if we could find pure and brand new, never before breathed air, it would be listed as a hazardous substance under Proposition 65.

I don't know how crash can stand it.

Beer_Run

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
A good friend is a big shot at Amazon and told me once if you wanted a lawnmower, order one from Amazon, gas it up and start it once.  Tell them you want to return it. They would say, keep it. I would cost more to ship it back than the lawnmower costs. At that point it is considered hazardous materials and requires a sorts of special handling. I am very surprised that Amazon did not just send you a new shipment. I will see what happens if I try to return one of mine.
- Bob

2020 Hobie Outback - Seagrass
2021 Old Town AutoPilot 120 - Blue/Gray

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
Couldn't send me a replacement because they declared it a hazardous item.  Darnedest thing.  I'm sure there must be a hiccup n some new program they've installed, but damn, what a PITA when you live along the rural coast.

And I wish I'd been that clever a couple of years back when I bought a lawnmower from them.  Nah... even if it had worked, I'd have ended up calling them and telling them there'd been a miracle in my garage and the lawnmower had recovered.

YakHunter

• Salmon
  • Retired!

Perhaps where you are living,  the shipment has to go into California at some point and then into Oregon.   Wouldn't surprise me at all to read that Corrosion X  causes cancer in California.   ;D
According to California, everything has a component that causes cancer (judging by the warning on almost everything I buy).
Hobie PA14
Hobie Outback
Hobie Adventure Island
Hobie Tandem Island
Jackson CudaHD
BlueSky 360 Angler

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012

I don't know how crash can stand it.

I do what I want.  Laws are mostly just suggestions, not really mandatory.  Sometimes advanced planning and help from out of state family is required.

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
I do what I want.  Laws are mostly just suggestions, not really mandatory.

I can't even think of a smart-ass response to that, crash.  Tinker silenced?  Saints preserve us!

anything