Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 07:41:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:31:42 PM]

[Today at 05:28:58 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:52:48 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 11:21:53 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Sunset wednesday ?  (Read 5370 times)

coosbayyaker

• Sturgeon
  • "Hooky Thing"
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
looks like the conditions might be improving on the big blue. Who wants to go?

WED...SE WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 4 FT. SWELL NW 4 FT. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

THU...SE WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 4 FT... BECOMING 2 FT OR LESS. MIXED SWELL W 5 FT AND S 4 FT...BUILDING TO SW 7 FT.
See ya on the water..
Roy

Merlin

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
 I will be there. I would like to try some different spots this time though. Either up around the light house or farther down south. It would be nice to find a ling hide out that no one has stumbled upon yet.

I was there last Wednesday as well. 20'-23' swells. It was pretty torn up. Tried to do some yak surfing but it did not go well. Ended up with a Large goose egg above my right eye that lasted a few days.
Enjoy the ride!                          

• Date Registered: May 2008
Sounds good to me!! I'm in. South cove sounds good!!! I need to come up with a yak cart.
PADDLE TO THE PEOPLE!

goldendog

• Salmon
Looks like it will be a little too windy, and choppy, for me. I just checked Magic Seaweed and NOAA, and the results are a little different than the ones you posted Roy.

Dave
Fishing is much more than fish.  It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.  ~Herbert Hoover

coosbayyaker

• Sturgeon
  • "Hooky Thing"
Looks like it will be a little too windy, and choppy, for me. I just checked Magic Seaweed and NOAA, and the results are a little different than the ones you posted Roy.

Dave

We might drop into the Abyss(south Cove at Arago) Dave.
See ya on the water..
Roy

OutbackRoy

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Oct 2008
Merlin,,, @23 ft,,, still big in the cove i bet,, good practice,, thats the "school of hard knocks "

• Date Registered: Jun 2007
I was looking at the forecast and it looked to me Tuesday was going to be the best day for low winds and swell.  Is this right?
GET BUSY LIVIN, OR GET BUSY DIE'N

coosbayyaker

• Sturgeon
  • "Hooky Thing"
TUE...SW WIND 5 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. SWELL NW 7 FT AT 13 SECONDS. SCATTERED SHOWERS. 

WED...SE WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 3 FT. SWELL NW 5 FT.

Seems about a wash as which day is better. I'm Sturgeon fishing tomorrow and fishing the ocean on wednesday, hopefully...
See ya on the water..
Roy

• Date Registered: May 2008
I think the south cove would be ok???  What you see is what you get. Its not like sunset. 
PADDLE TO THE PEOPLE!

Merlin

• Lingcod
 Yeah I would love to hit the cove rather then Sunset on Wednesday. Are you going to be up for the hike Roy?

Southcoastpaddler, if you can't get a cart before then I would be willing let you use mine. I can haul my boat down then pack the cart back up for you. Or maybe if we strap the yaks together and have one of us at each end we could get it in one shot......I don't know. That might be easier going down then coming up.
Enjoy the ride!                          

Merlin

• Lingcod
Merlin,,, @23 ft,,, still big in the cove i bet,, good practice,, thats the "school of hard knocks "

Yeah I had a good time trying though.
Enjoy the ride!                          

coosbayyaker

• Sturgeon
  • "Hooky Thing"
Yeah I would love to hit the cove rather then Sunset on Wednesday. Are you going to be up for the hike Roy?

Southcoastpaddler, if you can't get a cart before then I would be willing let you use mine. I can haul my boat down then pack the cart back up for you. Or maybe if we strap the yaks together and have one of us at each end we could get it in one shot......I don't know. That might be easier going down then coming up.

I hope so, I walked down there a couple of days ago with my dogs and slipped on a log and ate crap, my shoulder hurts a little still. If you guys will help me get back out i can do it. Down is no problem but i wouldn't stack two yaks they will tip over constantly because the angle of the trail. When i was down there i saw a lingcod head on the beach, must of got ate by a seal. It was the biggest head i've seen to date, probably was at least 35 inches when whole...
See ya on the water..
Roy

Merlin

• Lingcod
 I'll help you out Roy.

You think it would tip even if they were both strapped together and to the cart? The wheel base is fairly wide.

I think we just need to climb onto the kayaks on the top of the hill and have the first ever NWKA down hill kayak race.  ;D

Enjoy the ride!                          

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
I think we just need to climb onto the kayaks on the top of the hill and have the first ever NWKA down hill kayak race.  ;D

NWKA's had a few... ::)

2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

coosbayyaker

• Sturgeon
  • "Hooky Thing"
lol, thats awesome Z!!  our downhill race would be a little longer, and scarier ...
See ya on the water..
Roy

anything