Forum > The Traveling Kayak Angler

Kauai next June

(1/4) > >>

sumpNZ:
Looks like I'll finally get a chance to go to Hawaii, specifically the island of Kauai.  Most likely next June, though that is somewhat flexible at this time.  Whatever the case looks like it will be a 2 week trip, so should be able to fish at least a few days out of that.

I've see a few folks recommend contacting Plenty Pupule for kayak fishing opportunities.  Any other recommendations or options?  I'd like to do a guided (formal or informal) fishing trip for at least 1 day, maybe 2.  Then be able to rent kayaks and fishing gear for any other days I want to go catch dinner :).  Guided trips so I can A) learn the area, B) not kill myself in the process, and C) up the odds of actually catching and landing something.

RoxnDox:
I think you need to take someone to carry your stuff.  And chase away the chickens once you arrive on the island...  <GRIN>

Captain Redbeard:
Kauai is beautiful - great choice. I don't have any advice to lend on the kayaking front, but since you stirred up some good memories I'll just say: Captain and Mrs. Redbeard were born on Kauai  ;D Sort of literally - we got married there; and sort of figuratively - the first time we kayaked together was there. I envy you!

crash:
Plenty Pupule isn't renting kayaks out of the Lihue shop anymore, at least they weren't when I was there in January. Something about permitting and launch access at the river. I rented from the outdoor adventure center at PMRF. If that is an option for you it's a good way to go.

Lee:
Marie and I were also married there. 

Check with outfitters Kauai

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version