Forum > Events

AOTY prizes in 2020 and beyond

(1/5) > >>

Captain Redbeard:
I am not going to be able to continue gathering donations for AOTY in 2020 and beyond. I am still fully committed to helping with user setup and payments and judging entries and general admin and all of that, I just don't have the time I need to do the prize solicitation justice.

If anyone would like to head this up please contact me. It is really best if one person is the central point of contact for donations so that people who are willing to donate don't get asked more than once or get different info from different sources.

As far as what it involves, I tried to spend a couple of hours a month reaching out to companies/people. You have to do a lot of follow-up because everyone is asking for free stuff for their event. Then at the end of the year you need to package up and send out the prizes. So far the shipping has been sponsored so your only investment is time.

We have a good relationship with Next Adventure as our premier sponsor. I can make introductions of course. I'll share my contact list and all that with whoever takes over and I'm even happy to help out as I have time as long as someone else is organizing it.

Captain Redbeard:
^ bump

Tinker:
When do you normally begin contacting the sponsors, Cap'n?

Captain Redbeard:
It has varied by year but usually in February or March and then throughout the year as I have time.

Captain Redbeard:
Final bump.

As it stands right now there will be no sponsorship in 2020.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version