Forum > Let's Talk Kayak Fishing

New member introduction

(1/3) > >>

goldendog:
Greetings fellow kayak anglers,

My name is Dave Mason and I recently joined this forum. I live in Florence, Oregon, and have been kayak fishing for the last two years. I am really excited to finally be in touch with those of you that share my passion for kayak fishing. Fishing has always been a part of my life, but the kayak has given me a whole new prospective on how much fun it can actually be. My goal in the beginning was to be able to fish in the ocean without having to spend big bucks on a boat. I started researching other options, and the kayak seemed the perfect alternative. I looked around at all the yak fishing sites, and read reviews of the different types of kayaks. I wanted one that was small enough to fit in the back of my Dakota, and one that was easy to carry. I ended up buying a OK Caper. I absolutely love it! There are 17 fresh water lakes within 20 miles of where I live, so up to now, I have only fished local lakes. I have always wanted to try fishing Sunset bay, or Beverly beach, but haven't had the guts to try those places by myself. I also want to try fishing the Siuslaw river for salmon, but haven't been able to find any information on the best way to do it from a yak. Hopefully, by being involved with this forum, I can gain the knowledge I need to tackle these new fishing venues.

Also, if my handle doesn't give it away, I love Golden Retrievers as much as fishing!

coosbayyaker:
Welcome to NWKA Golden, There is a growing group of us that fish Sunset often. I even met a guy from Florence last week that came down here to fish. His name is Wayne, maybe he will sign up and you guys can hook up for some fishing. I have his number i will ask him if it's ok to give it to you so you can touch base with him.He has a green fish and dive, have you met him yet?

You should come down here and fish with us at any rate. I fish every chance the conditions are good(and sometimes when there not). So gave me a shout when you want to try the big blue and i would be more then happy to go with you.

Have you ever fished Tahkenitch lake and woahink lake? if so, hows the fishing in them?

Great fishing buddy you got there!!

bsteves:
Welcome to the board GoldenDog.   I think us Oregon guys might be starting to out number the Washington members now.  Hope you can make it to our little tournament in September on the coast.  It should be a good time to meet a lot of the other members face to face.

The Caper was my first boat as well. I also really like how light it is and the fact that I can cart it around in the back of my Ford Ranger.  Don't be afraid of taking it out in the ocean, it does just fine.  Ocean Kayak is making a newer 11 ft boat this year called the Trident 11, which will hopefully improve on the small form kayak with a newer fishing friendly design.

Brian

kallitype:
Tournament???  September?  Tell me more!!  I'll come!

bsteves:
Below are links to the three relevant threads about the Oregon Coast tournament in September.  It's still in the planning stages, but we're currently looking at Sept 20-21st in Pacific City, OR.  We still need to figure out the tournament format (entry fee?, heaviest fish? where to camp?)

Oregon Coast Rockfish Lingcod Tournament
http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/index.php/topic,1087.0.html

Location Poll
http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/index.php/topic,1123.0.html

Date Poll
http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/index.php/topic,1291.0.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version