Forum > Don't Ask Me How I Know

Steelhead fishing 101

(1/3) > >>

SteveHawk:
Went it my annual steelhead fishing trip this year.  We did fairly well.  For 5 days and 5 people  we caught and landed 101 fish. My totals were hooked 37 la red 24. It was tough fishing  of we did ok..

One of the reasons  we did better than average was the addition of a new technique. By adding an eighteen inch bead dropper off of the jig we were using, we increased our  success rate dramatically .  The setup pictured below was responsible for at least 50 hook sets. Thought I would share.

l

Wobbler

INSAYN:
Nice door.   :toothy12:

hdpwipmonkey:
Interesting rig...  couple of questions for ya.  I assume the jig has a hook on it still, so I assume you are allowed 2 hooks for steelhead. 

Also what is your dropper line with the bead tied to?  The jig body? 

Last question, what type of bead?  Floater or hevi bead... or does it even matter.

Thanks.

C_Run:
My friend used to tie a fly onto the hook of a spinner with good results. I'd also like to know if the bead is tied onto the hook or attached some other way. I haven't given up on steelhead yet this year. I'll try that by all means if it will improve my numbers. (Got 3 so far this year :-[)

hdpwipmonkey:
Doing better than me... I haven't gotten any.   :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version