Forum > British Columbia Kayak Fishing

Going to Tofino in Aug - gear to take?

(1/3) > >>

RoxnDox:
So, there’s this kayak fishing trip being organized by our local fly shop for next August, to Tofino. We get a mothership out to one of the islands for a few days of camping and fishing. From what I’ve read and watched on YouTube, could be salmon as well as a variety of other species, so naturally I started to spin gears on what gear to take along... 

Most of my stuff is relatively light spinning gear, one heavier trolling road.  Never been out after lingcod or done much bottom fishing or jigging, so any recommendations or thoughts welcomed. Gotta run at the moment but I can get more details about what I have tonight...

codeman:
Hmm... is this trip available for anyone?....or just some members? If there is space left on this trip, I would be very interested in tagging along. Please PM me back with details.....even if it is full. I will respond to your PM with what i know about bottom fishing.... :laugh:

Tinker:
You might want to take a fly rod since it's a fly-fishing trip.  An 8wt should work fine for the salmon and rockfish.

workhard:

--- Quote from: codeman on December 08, 2019, 11:43:23 PM ---Hmm... is this trip available for anyone?....or just some members? If there is space left on this trip, I would be very interested in tagging along. Please PM me back with details.....even if it is full. I will respond to your PM with what i know about bottom fishing.... :laugh:

--- End quote ---

http://gigharborflyshop.com/travel/tofinokayak/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=kids_fly_tying_fishing_report_plus_shop_presentation_youtube_live_tonight&utm_term=2019-12-03

RoxnDox:
I am not sure if it’s full up or not, but that’s the link to it...  Blake was talking a dozen or so spots, I believe.  Tinker, me and a fly rod would probably be comical, but not conducive to actual fishing...  :spittake:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version