Forum > Site Discussion

I don't care for the LIKE buttons

<< < (4/4)

Tinker:

--- Quote from: crash on July 09, 2021, 09:27:39 AM ---I make heavy use of the "recent topics" feature and the like button will make that feature even better, assuming folks actually use it instead of plus one-ing ^^^ etc.

--- End quote ---

Gee, I'm sorry I brought this up.  I didn't know it was such a burden for folks to scan through the recent posts.  I must have too much time on my hands what with the never-ending winds and such... :P

(I'm giving you a friendly hard time, Doug. Please don't kill me!)

crash:

--- Quote from: Tinker on July 09, 2021, 12:27:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: crash on July 09, 2021, 09:27:39 AM ---I make heavy use of the "recent topics" feature and the like button will make that feature even better, assuming folks actually use it instead of plus one-ing ^^^ etc.

--- End quote ---

Gee, I'm sorry I brought this up.  I didn't know it was such a burden for folks to scan through the recent posts.  I must have too much time on my hands what with the never-ending winds and such... :P

(I'm giving you a friendly hard time, Doug. Please don't kill me!)

--- End quote ---

This wind could stop any time now, thanks. 

It isn't going to.  It's supposed to get worse b/c inland heat, pressure gradient, etc.  Gale warnings going up for most zones south of Port Orford through the weekend.

Tinker:
+1   >:D

(It's been windy like this all year.  Sheesh!)

[WR]:
Agree with Tinker

--- Quote from: Tinker on July 09, 2021, 08:22:40 AM ---
--- Quote from: Spot on July 09, 2021, 07:54:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: snopro on July 08, 2021, 01:33:56 PM ---If you're putting in a like button, how about adding a turd emoji button for someone writing bs.  >:D

--- End quote ---

LIKE!

--- End quote ---

See?  Short and sweet.  No button needed. 

Seriously, are we a bunch of folks seeking "likes" like a bunch of Facebookers?  Do we need a bit of positive personal reinforcement so we can sleep at night?  Will we win prizes for the most likes, or are we going to get advertising deals if we garner a million likes?  What other use is there for a pile of anonymous LIKES?

Brian can keep them if everyone wants them.  I think they're silly.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version