Forum > Product Discussions

FOUND ONE - I broke my Mod Pod

(1/4) > >>

Tinker:
I broke my new style, hinged Mod Pod II for my Trident 13.  It broke at the hinge and tore out a chuck of the hatch cover - I can't see any way to repair it because of the silly thing is molded.  I can't find any place that has one in stock and not even Ocean Kayak has them - which is odd because it's a part that should still be covered under their warranty.

Without that cover, I have a great big, gaping hole in the deck until I find a replacement, and the Trident isn't seaworthy without it.

If anyone knows where I might buy one, or has one to sell (fat chance on that), please let me know.

INSAYN:
Pictures or it never happened.  :icon_scratch:

Spot:

--- Quote from: Tinker on October 05, 2022, 05:31:46 AM ---I broke my new style, hinged Mod Pod II for my Trident 13.  It broke at the hinge and tore out a chuck of the hatch cover - I can't see any way to repair it because of the silly thing is molded.  I can't find any place that has one in stock and not even Ocean Kayak has them - which is odd because it's a part that should still be covered under their warranty.

Without that cover, I have a great big, gaping hole in the deck until I find a replacement, and the Trident isn't seaworthy without it.

If anyone knows where I might buy one, or has one to sell (fat chance on that), please let me know.

--- End quote ---

I had a modpod failure and sent an e-mail to Johnson/Ocean Kayak.  They wound up sending me the replacement pieces I needed for free.  Worth a try...

-Mark-

INSAYN:
Come on, I wanna see what broke!   :icon_scratch:

Tinker:

--- Quote from: Spot on October 05, 2022, 02:25:47 PM ---I had a modpod failure and sent an e-mail to Johnson/Ocean Kayak.  They wound up sending me the replacement pieces I needed for free.  Worth a try...

-Mark-

--- End quote ---

Well, the email thing didn't get a response, but I just phoned and my new mod pod cover is on its way.  Don't know why they don't list it online, but they have them.  As always, thanks, Mark!  You saved me again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version