Forum > Let's Talk Kayak Fishing

Kayak Fishing in Dominican Republic

<< < (2/5) > >>

Larry_MayII_HR:
Some ling cod jigs/spoons might be good for deep reef jigging. I also like trolling big plugs relatively shallowly around the edges of the reef (at the drop-off between the reef and deep blue water). It's been a while since I've fished saltwater tropics though. Please send photos!!!

SD2OR:
Appreciate the tips!

I've done pretty well myself in the tropics, casting Spoons and trolling Rapalas. I'll probably also try getting some live bait.

Mostly hoping I can get off shore to where there might be some tuna or Dorado about.

Have emailed Scubaquatic several times now, with no response, does not bode well.

JohnMckroid:
A fellow kayak angler who did a trip to the Punta Cana area in hopes of doing some kayak fishing a few years back.  He did find some Kayaks, but none for fishing charters.  He went out on a skiff and caught some nice Mahi, and later took photos with them back on the beach next to a kayak.  Good luck on your venture.

SD2OR:
The hotel I'm staying at provides basic kayaks, so I'll at least be able to fish some reef. Hopefully I can get some local intel about getting further out for off shore species.

JohnMckroid:

--- Quote from: SD2OR on December 04, 2022, 06:48:28 PM ---The hotel I'm staying at provides basic kayaks, so I'll at least be able to fish some reef. Hopefully I can get some local intel about getting further out for off shore species.

--- End quote ---

Maybe charter a Skiff to mothership the kayak out to a weed line loaded with Mahi.  Good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version